Dec 22, 2006
779 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto

Beware of Meni's Shop-Scarborough,On

Address :

751 Danforth road

Scarborough, on

Dishonest quote given which was changed just after the task completed. Beware of this place if you would like save your money.

More details:

I went for the safety inspection of my car. He said, I would need front rotors and brakes to pass the safety inspection. He quoted $300 for brake ,rotors and inspection. I even asked him again just to make sure I'm getting the right quote. He confirmed me that $ 300 is for brakes, rotors and inspection.
Guess what , when I went back to complete the inspection, he charged me $ 506 for that. When I asked him about this new price , he replied, he quoted me $300 for the brakes and rotors only. So now I have to pay inspection fee and tax on top of that.
10 replies
Dec 20, 2006
400 posts
133 upvotes
ivan_ca wrote: Address :

751 Danforth road

Scarborough, on

Dishonest quote given which was changed just after the task completed. Beware of this place if you would like save your money.
Did you receive the quote in writing? If not, caveat emptor for what I'm speculating was a cash deal.
the internet is serious business.
Jun 7, 2014
437 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton, ON
No details posted about why? What an insightful post.
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
779 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
I went for the safety inspection of my car. He said, I would need front rotors and brakes to pass the safety inspection. He quoted $300 for brake ,rotors and inspection. I even asked him again just to make sure I'm getting the right quote. He confirmed me that $ 300 is for brakes, rotors and inspection.
Guess what , when I went back to complete the inspection, he charged me $ 506 for that. When I asked him about this new price , he replied, he quoted me $300 for the brakes and rotors only. So now I have to pay inspection fee and tax on top of that.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38237 posts
24420 upvotes
Center of Universe
ivan_ca wrote: I went for the safety inspection of my car. He said, I would need front rotors and brakes to pass the safety inspection. He quoted $300 for brake ,rotors and inspection. I even asked him again just to make sure I'm getting the right quote. He confirmed me that $ 300 is for brakes, rotors and inspection.
What a scum bag!
Hopefully, the workmanship is up to par.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5575 posts
1531 upvotes
Toronto
thank you, will avoid this shop.
Jan 12, 2013
440 posts
58 upvotes
Barrie, Canada
Dealership would of been cheaper.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4331 upvotes
I wouldn't go to any shop around that stretch. Too many shady used car dealers and garages.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2064 posts
936 upvotes
Scarborough
If you were quoted $300 then you pay $300...if they wanted to charge you more they should have notified you BEFORE they completed the work and if they don't give you your keys back i would call the police on the spot =)