Deal Link:
Price:
10% off
Savings:
10%
10 % discount for timed entry - Promo Code - BEYOND

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=b ... %20calgary

A multimedia presentation of the works of Van Gogh

Go Beyond the surface and immerse yourself in the world of Vincent Van Gogh like you've never experienced before. Beyond Van Gogh is a rich and unique multimedia experience, taking the viewer on a journey through over 300 iconic artworks including instantly-recognizable classics "The Starry Night", "Sunflowers", and "Cafe Terrace at Night", now freed from their frames. Set to a symphonic score and using the artist's own dreams, thoughts, and words to drive the experience as a narrative, Van Gogh's art comes to life by appearing and disappearing, flowing across multiple surfaces and heightening the senses with their immense detail.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5995 posts
6142 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I wanted to go to this when it was in Winnipeg, but it got shut down during our shut down and was never allowed to reopen despite being set up in an absolutely massive space.

E: Wait I think the one in Winnipeg was actually different...there's TWO nearly identical Van Gogh art displays out there right now? Wtf
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1190 posts
2622 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Passe. More into Beksinski these days

What in the living wapiti monkey sea tiger doritos is this thing
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 19, 2015
12 posts
58 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I wrote this last time a deal on this was posted so pardon the repost, I'm sharing again for the public good:

A quick PSA: I don't want to crap on your deal, it's probably a great value for some, but I want to warn you if you're on the fence, the whole thing is pretty hokey. I went to the show in Montreal and it was a letdown; the photos look great, but the event is a repeating 30 minute video of a camera zooming into paintings which can be as small as 8x10 in in real life. While the colours are nice, you're better off buying a Hue smart bulb then Googling Van Gogh in your living room. I'm all for creative reinterpretations of art, but this isn't well done. I love galleries, I enjoy installations, I'm a fan of projected works and I appreciate many of Van Gogh's paintings, but this show was weak, and the four other people I was with felt the same. I promised myself after I went that I would try to save anyone I could the horrendously expensive ticket price for such an obvious money grab.

You may get a wonderful photo for Instagram, but you'll spend a lot and will likely have a shitty time in the process.