Hot Deals

BG/GB/LITB: Mi Box (International Version) from $67 USD (cashback, FS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2018 9:58 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
15171 posts
6438 upvotes
Kitchener

BG/GB/LITB: Mi Box (International Version) from $67 USD (cashback, FS)

Deal Link:
Price:
$67 USD
Several overseas retailers currently have MiBox (MDZ-16-AB, proper international version) for sale (from $67)
Standard traceable shipping is free (if you don't mind the usual transit delays) and there is additional cashback at various sites.

This is currently a cheap as it gets to experience "Android TV" on your TV.

Geekbuying: https://www.geekbuying.com/item/-Offici ... 71297.html

BangGood: https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-Box- ... 82281.html

Lightinthebox: additional 1% reward and they offer cheap Tax & Duty insurance as well..
https://www.lightinthebox.com/official- ... m=1.1.92.0
697 replies
Aug 28, 2017
37 posts
39 upvotes
Not a deal breaker but keep in mind it's EU plug

EDIT: aasoror posted below that there should be a NA plug!
Last edited by stretchmuffler on Dec 15th, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 7, 2014
112 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi, thanks for the posts.
Can any of the android tv/iptv experts chime in? Is this a good deal?
I have no experience with tv (broke millennial here) and would appreciate some guidance.
Thank you.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
15171 posts
6438 upvotes
Kitchener
stretchmuffler wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 12:44 pm
Not a deal breaker but keep in mind it's EU plug
IIRC that's how they all come unless you got the WM version (even the ones bought from NCIX when they used to carry them), there should be an additional NA adapter in the box (there is a second entry for that on the product page).

edit: from the product lisitng
For Other Country: FREE US/AUS/UK high quality plug

will be packaged in your order based on your shipping address!
Aug 28, 2017
37 posts
39 upvotes
MazMazda3 wrote:
I have no experience with tv (broke millennial here) and would appreciate some guidance.
Thank you.
Good deal but depends on what you use it for. I use a similar device for Youtube, Netflix, Plex and Kodi.
aasoror wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 12:48 pm
IIRC that's how they all come unless you got the WM version (even the ones bought from NCIX when they used to carry them), there should be an additional NA adapter in the box (there is a second entry for that on the product page).
Ohh! That's cool. Thanks!
Last edited by stretchmuffler on Dec 15th, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 12, 2016
288 posts
65 upvotes
Galaxy
MazMazda3 wrote:
Thank you.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
15171 posts
6438 upvotes
Kitchener
MazMazda3 wrote:
Thank you.
Currently the only boxes offering Android TV are the mibox and the nvidia shield.

If you just want an IPTV box (to be loaded with piracy Kodi addons), then any cheapo Android phone OS box from amazon.ca would do (few S905x 2GB are around the $40~$50 mark, and you can return them back to amazon if you don't like them).
Jul 7, 2014
112 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the reply. I have done a bit of reading over the difference between "android box" and "android TV box" and am leaning towards the android tv boxes due to superior quality and options. My primary reason to get one of these is to set it up for my dad who likes watching tv from different countries, mainly Pakistan/India and Italian. I am no expert but am capable of following a root guide(maybe there's one that you recommend). thoughts?? Should I buy it?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9968 posts
1870 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 12:52 pm
Currently the only boxes offering Android TV are the mibox and the nvidia shield.

If you just want an IPTV box (to be loaded with piracy Kodi addons), then any cheapo Android phone OS box from amazon.ca would do (few S905x 2GB are around the $40~$50 mark, and you can return them back to amazon if you don't like them).
Google nexus player too. Gets more regular updates than my mi boxes.

Have one from Wm and 2 from last litb deal.
Only complaint from the LITB ones is the adapter is loose fitting. Not sure if there is a way to secure the EU plug into the US adapter better.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Sep 18, 2016
70 posts
41 upvotes
Lightinthebox always says no shipping options available. Does this happen with anyone else?
Jun 26, 2007
370 posts
155 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 3:24 pm
Nexus Player has been discontinued for a year, Mi Box and Nvidia Shield also support 4K where the Nexus Player is only 1080p. The Nvidia Shield is more powerful, but you won't get one for this price.
enfinityx2 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 3:27 pm
Lightinthebox always says no shipping options available. Does this happen with anyone else?
I've never had that issue and I've bought a few things for them.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
15171 posts
6438 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote:
The 2014 Google nexus has been discontinued since mid 2016, so "currently" the only boxes offering Android TV are the mibox and the nvidia shield ;)
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
15171 posts
6438 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote:
Only complaint from the LITB ones is the adapter is loose fitting. Not sure if there is a way to secure the EU plug into the US adapter better.
The power supply is pretty standard 5V/2A, just replace the whole power supply or even better, get a fitting USB cable (matching plug dimensions) and just use USB wall adapter.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
15171 posts
6438 upvotes
Kitchener
MazMazda3 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 3:19 pm
Thanks for the reply. I have done a bit of reading over the difference between "android box" and "android TV box" and am leaning towards the android tv boxes due to superior quality and options. My primary reason to get one of these is to set it up for my dad who likes watching tv from different countries, mainly Pakistan/India and Italian. I am no expert but am capable of following a root guide(maybe there's one that you recommend). thoughts?? Should I buy it?
You need to first settle on what service you want on your box, if its just overseas IPTV via Kodi then going ATV will not make that much difference (if you will end up going Kodi addon), go cheapo Android box from amazon.
Oct 4, 2016
95 posts
72 upvotes
Hey can you install KODI and those apps on here pretty easily ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)