Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

BG/GB/LITB: Mi Box S (International Version) from $69 USD (cashback, FS)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2023 2:01 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
This is great box but at not at this price
These should be C$60 and then it would be great deal
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
lifeisfuneh wrote: This is great box but at not at this price
When the only competition starts at $229 + taxes there is a little incentive for these to drop in price.
btw, the Chinese version "S3" (now running ATV too but no licenses or voice remote) is around C$60 at Chinese retailers.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1266 upvotes
aasoror wrote: $50~$60 Android TV Boxes are not Android TV Boxes but rather Android Phone OS boxes with HDMI output to run on your big ...
Its also worth factoring in the cost of the built in chromecast too. The standard android TV box's dont have chromecasts integrated, and that'll add another ~$30 to the cost(and take up another HDMI input on your TV)
Though to be honest, if you have the available port and can deal with a chromecast and a TV box, i think you're far ahead getting a better S912 based box for your android apps and games, and then using a chromecast to stream HD netflix and youtube... Though to go one level deeper, i'm not sure if there really is much useful benefit to the S912 chip over the S905x. I tried running a few android games on my S912(most recently jade empire) and it was unplayable. The only game that might work on the S912 that probably wouldnt on the S905x was Ocean horn, which was just on the edge of playable at medium settings on the S912.

Honestly, if you're at all put off by this, you're probably better off just using the cheapest solution you can find, while you save up for a Shield(which obliterates everything else, albeit at 3x the cost of the mibox).
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1617 posts
966 upvotes
Edmonton
Is there a reason nobody has mentioned Amazon Fire Stick. I've heard that handles Kodi very well. Not sure about IPTV and the other apps.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Scott86 wrote: Its also worth factoring in the cost of the built in chromecast too. The standard android TV box's dont have chromecasts integrated, and that'll add another ~$30 to the cost(and take up another HDMI input on your TV)
Shouldn't you factor in the cost of an Chromecast Ultra (4k) not Chromecast (1080p) ?

Also the remote is BT with mic (supports voice search) vs the toss-away IR remote that comes with the cheapo boxes.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
itemsale2003 wrote: Is there a reason nobody has mentioned Amazon Fire Stick. I've heard that handles Kodi very well. Not sure about IPTV and the other apps.
Not 4K.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1617 posts
966 upvotes
Edmonton
Is 4K the only thing lacking in amazon stick. So can we install IPTV, etc. How about if I get fire TV instead of the stick?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
4004 posts
1841 upvotes
itemsale2003 wrote: Is 4K the only thing lacking in amazon stick. So can we install IPTV, etc. How about if I get fire TV instead of the stick?
I bought a few refurbished previous gen Amazon Fire TV boxes from Amazon.com and had them shipped here via crossborderpickups - does 4K and great box for Kodi, Perfect Player (IPTV)
Dec 27, 2002
526 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
Chromecast on this kinda sucks. It's slower or unusable for some applications. For example, my main use if to cast a Chrome tab when streaming sports games. This box cannot handle it; I use my OG Chromecast for this.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
lifeisfuneh wrote: This is great box but at not at this price
their $69 American at U.S. Walmart.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
itemsale2003 wrote: Is 4K the only thing lacking in amazon stick. So can we install IPTV, etc. How about if I get fire TV instead of the stick?
Yup; assuming you don't need "official" YT on your fire devices.
http://bgr.com/2017/12/28/youtube-amazo ... -to-watch/
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
lifeisfuneh wrote: I purchased 3 in the spring @ US$44 from Asia
Well minus a time machine, there is no way to get anywhere near that price now, 11.11, BF, BD all passed and no similar discount was offered. They can sell it for a $100 USD and you still wont find a competing option in that price range, the only option beside going for a shield for 3x the price is to just wait for the next offering.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Well minus a time machine, there is no way to get anywhere near that price now, 11.11, BF, BD all passed and no similar discount was offered. They can sell it for a $100 USD and you still wont find a competing option in that price range, the only option beside going for a shield for 3x the price is to just wait for the next offering.
That's not the point, point was that t that time the price was still same $69 in the US.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
2095 posts
992 upvotes
YYC
Can this do 4k hdr content through plex/spmc and netflix well?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
lifeisfuneh wrote: That's not the point, point was that t that time the price was still same $69 in the US.
And its still $69 in the US right now, so your point is ?!
The price at WM US (the exclusive retailer which doesn't ship to Canada) isn't really that relevant, nonetheless you can still order and get it shipped to Canada right now for less than what it cost to get it across the borders from WM, once every blue moon price (when people managed to stack generic retailer coupon, with cashback and sale price) has no real value (aside from bragging rights).
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
inocent wrote: Can this do 4k hdr content through plex/spmc and netflix well?
Yes for official Kodi and NF, not sure about plex/spmc.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
HappyDaze wrote: For example, my main use if to cast a Chrome tab when streaming sports games.
So using Chrome on the box itself to stream the same video wouldn't work ?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
aasoror wrote: And its still $69 in the US right now, so your point is ?!
The price at WM US (the exclusive retailer which doesn't ship to Canada) isn't really that relevant, nonetheless you can still order and get it shipped to Canada right now for less than what it cost to get across the borders from WM, once every blue moon price (when people managed to stack generic retailer coupon, with cashback and sale price) has no real value (aside from bragging right).
My point is that it doesn't mean that because in US the price is stuck for over a year at $69 that you can't buy it cheaper.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
lifeisfuneh wrote: My point is that it doesn't mean that because in US the price is stuck for over a year at $69 that you can't buy it cheaper.
Correct, you can indeed buy it cheaper than the US and this price is as cheap as it gets right now (from a retailer that accepts paypal, provides a free tracking number and covers extra custom fees).
Unless of course you know of a cheaper price for the mibox or a cheaper comparable product then by all means feel free to share ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)