Expired Hot Deals

B&H Photo Video

12 HOURS ONLY! Datacolor SpyderX Pro Colorimeter - $99.99USD (41% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2021 10:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12054 posts
10055 upvotes
Oil Country

[B&H Photo Video] 12 HOURS ONLY! Datacolor SpyderX Pro Colorimeter - $99.99USD (41% off)

Deal Link:
Price:
$99.99USD
Savings:
41% off
Retailer:
B&H Photo Video
More offers from B&H Photo Video
Just noticed that B&H Photo Video has the Datacolor SpyderX Pro on sale for $99.99USD for the next 12 hours. The sale started yesterday I believe.

A few Canadian retailers have it on sale for $129.99CAD, but depending on where you live it might be cheaper to buy from B&H Photo Video.

I live in Alberta so for me to order from an authorized reseller in Canada, it'll work out to $136.50CAD shipped (after GST).

If I order from B&H, it'll work out to $105.99USD which is a little under $130CAD based on today's exchange rate, plus there's free shipping. I only need to pay $6USD in duties and taxes. BTW, you can prepay the duties and taxes so there are no unexpected surprises when you take delivery of your order.

It might make more sense to buy from B&H if you want to save a few bucks, otherwise just buy it from Henry's, The Camera Store, or Vistek for $129.99CAD with free shipping. They're all Datacolor premium resellers,

Refer to this thread for the sale at the Canadian resellers:
henrys-datacolor-spyderx-pro-calibrator ... f-2467148/
Last edited by fudge_u on May 26th, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Mar 30, 2007
376 posts
472 upvotes
I dont know about this, my biggest fear is that i feel Duty and Tarriff are always unpredictible. Scary stuff.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1222 posts
1047 upvotes
Moncton
swordman2000 wrote: I dont know about this, my biggest fear is that i feel Duty and Tarriff are always unpredictible. Scary stuff.
B&H has a pre-pay option for Canadian shipping that includes Customs and Duties. No chance of a surprise at the door.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Apr 13, 2013
18 posts
22 upvotes
I think to buy within Canada, you will also receive Canada warranty in case if you have issue. I got one at Henry's
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2336 posts
1724 upvotes
sswilson wrote: B&H has a pre-pay option for Canadian shipping that includes Customs and Duties. No chance of a surprise at the door.
Not zero chance. The person filling in the custom forms need to fill in that they already collected GST/HST.

Having said that, B&H knows what they are doing so I wouldn't be worried about buying from this store. Others... Not so much.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12054 posts
10055 upvotes
Oil Country
slimysnot wrote: Not zero chance. The person filling in the custom forms need to fill in that they already collected GST/HST.

Having said that, B&H knows what they are doing so I wouldn't be worried about buying from this store. Others... Not so much.
Exactly... B&H has been doing this for years. Over ten years for sure, so I'm sure they have the process down.
Aug 25, 2019
699 posts
718 upvotes
So this isn't for TVs just for monitors...Black Question Mark Ornament

So it has some kind of firmware adjustment for each monitor???
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live." — Mae Jemison
Jan 31, 2016
299 posts
154 upvotes
Ontario
Is this significant improvement comparing to Spyder 5 Pro?
Jan 10, 2016
95 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
fudge_u wrote: Exactly... B&H has been doing this for years. Over ten years for sure, so I'm sure they have the process down.
I've ordered quiet a few things from B&H over the last 10+ years and have never had to pay extra for customs/GST/HST.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1508 posts
2515 upvotes
Vancouver
swordman2000 wrote: I dont know about this, my biggest fear is that i feel Duty and Tarriff are always unpredictible. Scary stuff.
It's only unpredictable if you don't understand how these fees

Most peoples ZOMG WTF moments come from choosing UPS or FEDEX ground. Then get raped by their "brokerage fees".

Duty's and Tariffs are going to be applied to all imports regardless. Whether they do that is a lottery. What isn't a lottery is what you are going to pay for everything for the item landed

TLDR; There is NO surprises with B&H's prepayment of taxes/duties/brokerage. Ebay does this and amazon does this. Takes all the guesswork and stress out
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13400 posts
2616 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
SCOPster wrote: So this isn't for TVs just for monitors...Black Question Mark Ornament
So it has some kind of firmware adjustment for each monitor???
The software creates a colour profile for your monitor/TV. Your operating system (or third party software) uses the colour profile to tell your graphics card what adjustments to make so the colours are accurate on your screen.
Mar 30, 2007
376 posts
472 upvotes
thanks for clarifying the import/tarriff stuff for me. my memories of those suprises came from ebaying back in 2005, and yes I think it was brokerage fee.
Ever since I got fed up and I rarely buy stuff oversea. So I have caveman'd myself from it. Face With Tears Of Joy

So thanks for the tips: no UPS and FEDEX ground.
Jan 15, 2014
23 posts
14 upvotes
Has anyone had theirs ship yet? Mine still says order processing. Free shipping option.