Expired Hot Deals

[B&H Photo Video] $321.89 Lorex 8-Channel 4K UHD DVR with 1TB HDD & 4 4K Outdoor Night Vision

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2020 9:26 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2013
948 posts
158 upvotes
WINNIPEG

[B&H Photo Video] $321.89 Lorex 8-Channel 4K UHD DVR with 1TB HDD & 4 4K Outdoor Night Vision

Deal Link:
Price:
$321.89
Expiry:
December 25, 2020
Retailer:
B&H Photo Video
More offers from B&H Photo Video
Free shipping too.
what do you all think?
Costco had an 8ch 4k system for $499 which I thought was ok.
These are wired systems I think? Everything seems to be going wifi though.
Was considering Eufy and Reolink systems instead if the price is right but can those be had at this price point for a 4ch system?
19 replies
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2020
610 posts
91 upvotes
vrredflag wrote: Free shipping too.
what do you all think?
Costco had an 8ch 4k system for $499 which I thought was ok.
These are wired systems I think? Everything seems to be going wifi though.
Was considering Eufy and Reolink systems instead if the price is right but can those be had at this price point for a 4ch system?
Coming to $365 after everything.
Thats good price if Costco was $499+tax..

What about warranty here in Canada if its coming from USA website..?

If we buy for a house then why do we need 4cameras for a house?
I thought 1 in front and 1 in back is enough...Isnt it??
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 23, 2013
1480 posts
819 upvotes
Toronto
newuserhere wrote: Coming to $365 after everything.
Thats good price if Costco was $499+tax..

What about warranty here in Canada if its coming from USA website..?

If we buy for a house then why do we need 4cameras for a house?
I thought 1 in front and 1 in back is enough...Isnt it??
Depends on the size of the house, more cameras to cover every angle of the house as well as being able to see a little bit beyond your property. That's just me.

Can someone comment on the camera quality if anyone has this?
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2020
610 posts
91 upvotes
Bleachway wrote: Depends on the size of the house, more cameras to cover every angle of the house as well as being able to see a little bit beyond your property. That's just me.

Can someone comment on the camera quality if anyone has this?
Ok makes sense..thanks..
Can we install these ourselves or not as seems to be wired and probably needs through attic..
How much on average people charge if we hire someone to install these cameras..??
Sr. Member
Jun 14, 2011
551 posts
536 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Have a 6 camera lorex system, the sensors are horrible and is constantly get notifications even when you set the sensitivity to the lowest. This basically renders the security useless because I would get like 100 of notifications in every camera, even the indoor ones, and because of that I won't be able to check and review all of it so I can't tell which one has actual human or car motion.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3638 posts
1175 upvotes
Will be picking up a Lorex POE system when I move no to my new house next year
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4306 posts
841 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
PerformingAzura wrote: I've never used cameras with these connectors. Do they supply power as well?
No they do not.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 24, 2008
1125 posts
698 upvotes
I've bought from b&h before (for my ezviz camera set). Came quick and no surprises.
Newbie
Jan 21, 2015
98 posts
62 upvotes
YQR
Which 4k outdoor setup do you guys thing would work best with Home Assistant? I'd probably run wired connections a long ways to avoid wireless headaches. 4 cams outside would be plenty. I just have no idea how to best proceed running HA on an Intel NUC; cameras would probably be a ton of processor use or something?
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2020
610 posts
91 upvotes
rinse wrote: Will be picking up a Lorex POE system when I move no to my new house next year
You mean which one?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
3782 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
xXKEIXx wrote: Have a 6 camera lorex system, the sensors are horrible and is constantly get notifications even when you set the sensitivity to the lowest. This basically renders the security useless because I would get like 100 of notifications in every camera, even the indoor ones, and because of that I won't be able to check and review all of it so I can't tell which one has actual human or car motion.
These Lorex systems are intended for background recording only. There are virtually no smart features. You need to supplement them with individual real IP cameras if you want any kind of sophisticated monitoring.
Member
Jul 20, 2007
203 posts
18 upvotes
Van
Hard pass on analog cams with BNC connectors. IP cams worth the upgrade - much more flexibility for installation. After you install a few, you'll find areas you never considered before. With the analog cam, you gotta homerun a wire all the way to the NVR but with IP, you can install anywhere with a Cat 5 and POE injector. My NVR has a POE+ output which feed a POE splitter I have in my soffit. From there I connect 3 cams for the front and side of my house.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4306 posts
841 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
newuserhere wrote: Can someone tell me difference between what OP posted and one on this link https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-dvr- ... orexSiteCA
OP's B&H listing is DK181-48CA (https://www.lorextechnology.com/securit ... Series-1-p)
Your Lorex site listing is 4KA84-2 (https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-dvr- ... KA84-2-0-p)

If you scroll down the pages you'll see the B&H kit comes with D841A81B DVR and C841CA cameras and the 4KA84-2 kit comes with D861A82B DVR and C841CA cameras.
The cameras are the same but the DVR is different. You can check out the data sheets for the two series here:
D841 series - https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloa ... eet_R2.pdf
D861 series - https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloa ... eet_R1.pdf

Looks like D861 has more features.
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2020
610 posts
91 upvotes
dmxlite wrote: OP's B&H listing is DK181-48CA (https://www.lorextechnology.com/securit ... Series-1-p)
Your Lorex site listing is 4KA84-2 (https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-dvr- ... KA84-2-0-p)

If you scroll down the pages you'll see the B&H kit comes with D841A81B DVR and C841CA cameras and the 4KA84-2 kit comes with D861A82B DVR and C841CA cameras.
The cameras are the same but the DVR is different. You can check out the data sheets for the two series here:
D841 series - https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloa ... eet_R2.pdf
D861 series - https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloa ... eet_R1.pdf

Looks like D861 has more features.
Yes thats my point..seems the one i posted link for has better DV which has 2TB vs 1TB of DV from OP link.. Not sure what more features are extras.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2017
1264 posts
616 upvotes
If you're looking for something cheap, just buy some wazecams (v3) preferably, flash the special firmware for rrtp, and setup Zoneminder or Blue Iris+ to enable monitoring.

Obviously hardwire camera would provide more reliability, but those wazecams are really good value at 30$.

Zoneminder can literally run on anything that has a decent CPU. BlueIris needs a pretty beefy CPU and a Windows license.

Top