Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
B&H Photo Video

Amazfit Band 5 Health & Fitness Tracker with Alexa $27.99USD

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2021 8:00 am
Aug 29, 2017
771 posts
3194 upvotes

[B&H Photo Video] Amazfit Band 5 Health & Fitness Tracker with Alexa $27.99USD

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
February 3, 2021
Retailer:
B&H Photo Video
More offers from B&H Photo Video
TODAY ONLY! Black, Olive, Orange. Apply 30% coupon to get to $27.99USD. Free shipping to Canada over $99, so you'll need some fillers.

Get in shape, monitor your health, and stay connected with the Band 5 Health & Fitness Tracker with Alexa from Amazfit. From morning to night, various aspects of your health are monitored with the Band 5. Built-in sensors allow for continuous heart rate monitoring and periodic blood oxygen measurement (SpO2). The PPG optical heart rate sensor can also determine your stress level, prompting you with breathing exercises to help calm you. As you rest, the quality of your sleep is measured, even during naps as short as 25 minutes.

Supporting 11 different sports modes with detailed tracking, the Band 5 can help coach you to a better you. If you enjoy walking or running to stay fit, the Band 5 will detect and automatically start those sport modes for you. Featuring 165' of water resistance, the Band 5 can be worn while swimming in a pool or open water. Basic activity is also measured, with daily steps, calories burned, distance traveled, and active hours metrics provided to push you to reach new goals.

As you go through your day, the Band 5 can be useful even when not exercising. On the large 1.1" HD full-color AMOLED display, you can receive notifications from your smartphone, such as incoming calls, texts, calendar and event reminders, and app notifications. Alexa is built into the Band 5, giving you the ability to use your voice to operate certain functions on your phone or get answers to questions online. You can use all of these functions and more for up to 15 days on a full charge.

Heart Rate Monitor
The Huami BioTracker second generation PPG optical heart rate sensor can measure your resting heart rate and monitor heart rate zones. The Band 5 will notify you if your heart rate becomes too high.
Personal Activity Intelligence
The Huami-PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence) Health Assessment System uses activity tracking metrics to transform heart rate data into a singular score. This lets you better monitor progress over time and know how much you need to exercise to stay healthy.
Sleep Monitoring
During the night or during a nap, the Band 5 can monitor you as you rest, giving you data on how much light, deep, and REM sleep you achieved.
Women's Health Tracking
Set reminders and keep track of your menstration and ovulation cycles.
Stress Detection & Breathing
Using your heart rate, the Band 5 can calculate your current stress level. It can denote four different levels: relaxed, normal, medium, or high. If you need to calm down, built-in breathing exercises use deep breathing to help guide you to a more peaceful state of mind.
11 Sport Modes
Receive a variety of useful tracking data as you take part in one of 11 sport modes. You can receive metrics such as distance traveled, speed, heart rate, calories burned, and more. The 11 sport modes are: Treadmill, Outdoor Running, Walking, Outdoor Cycling, Indoor Cycling, Pool Swimming, Eliptical Trainer, Exercise, Skipping Rope, Yoga, and Rowing Machine.
Do Not Disturb
A DND mode is set to automatically activate when you fall asleep, or you can preset a time with vibration reminder. Once on, notifications and other distractions are paused so you can get a good night's rest.
Wear Detection
To avoid mechanical issues and battery loss, the Band 5 can detect whether you are wearing it or not. If it's off your wrist, it will cease functions like heart rate monitoring.
Additional Features
Reminders when you've been inactive for too long
Control your phone's music playback via Bluetooth
Timer and stopwatch functions
World clock with alarm
7-day weather forecast with temperature warnings
Use the Band 5 to unlock your smartphone
Use the Band 5 as a remote for your phone's camera
Two customizable watch faces with built-in editable widgets
Use a custom image as your display's background

UPC: 850015911842
26 replies
Feb 2, 2015
254 posts
154 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Rocking a $600 Garmin watch, and I can't believe how awesome this watch is. My wife got one and it's a pretty nice little watch for the price!
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
B&H have some other Amazfit watches on sale as well (not "all-time low prices" but on sale. The Amazfit Bip S is on for $59.99 U.S. and it has some additional features including built-in GPS. I purchased a T-Rex from B&H a few weeks ago. It has been great for getting notifications from my phone. The app has detailed sleep tracking and provides lots of information from my walks with my dog (including the distance, average heart rate, average speed calories burned and it even places it on a map!

Highly recommend Amazfit and B&H
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Good price for what it does or else if you're willing to jump up to the $129.99 range, then consider Fitbit Charge 4 or Huawei Fit Watch (very good HRM, sleep tracking, and decent GPS)

https://www.staples.ca/products/2994278 ... hite-black

Review for the Huawei Fit Watch on YouTube compared to fitbit sense, garmin and apple watch...
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Aug 10, 2015
80 posts
37 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I saw this post and would like to chime in on my experience with the watch.

I got the same deal from B&H earlier this year or during boxing day last year.

This watch DOES NOT keep time.

It has gotten so bad with keeping track of time and my activities that I have just kept it inside the box.

I am not sure if I have gotten a defective one or what but even when I connect it through BT throughout the day, it would not sync the time and will be off by 5 minutes to a couple of hours.

I DO NOT recommend this watch.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1024 posts
1107 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Bought 3 of these before Christmas as gifts, working great, everyone loves them.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
Sounds like yours is defective. I've never had to deal with B&H customer service but have read in other RFD threads that they are very good. You should probably reach out to them and explain your experience.
RFDGiroro wrote: I saw this post and would like to chime in on my experience with the watch.

It has gotten so bad with keeping track of time and my activities that I have just kept it inside the box.

I am not sure if I have gotten a defective one or what but even when I connect it through BT throughout the day, it would not sync the time and will be off by 5 minutes to a couple of hours.

Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1785 upvotes
Montreal
I have one of these.

I just recharged my watch after 11 days with 27% left. Battery life is supposed to last 2 weeks. I haven't had any issue with it keeping accurate time. I do have issues when I use it outside to track an activity. If I try to use the GPS from my phone, it's not unusual that it disconnects along the way and the activity isn't recorded. That could also be a fault of my phone although it doesn't happen with any other of my devices. Since it's under the sleeve of my jacket, I don't know it's stopped until I get home. When it does work, it tends to show a farther distance than my Garmin watch by 5 to 10%. Similarly, my heart rate from the Amazfit is higher than measured by my Garmin. It also counts sleep until I actually get out of bed. If I wake up and lie in bed for 10 minutes or so, it adds the extra time to my sleep stats. That data can be edited. I had some issues calibrating the Amazfit to my treadmill but that seems to have fixed itself.

On one hand. it's definitely worth the money. On the other hand it doesn't really compare with the more advanced watches like those from Garmin or Fitbit. I would say that it's a good starter band but might be disappointing if you're coming from a different more sophisticated device.
Phils
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1464 posts
2057 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
Never had a time problem with this watch had it for a month now. Love it, works great.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1216 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
I too bought this fitness tracker before boxing day for $30usd without any shipping or duties, I believe there were a bunch of RFD members who were in the same boat.

I really enjoy using this watch for what it does, especially the HRM tracking during a workout.
I use it on the treadmill and more recently on with the Echelon Connect Sport spin bike from Walmart. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Fit2 from the promotion of the S20 FE pre-order.
I've wear both trackers on my wrists (left and right) to compare the distance and HRM metrics. For the most part it is pretty close with the RHM but the distance is not accurate while on the treadmill. I've also compared it with the distance on the treadmill, as well as, with google fit. The amazfit is very generous with it's distance as much as 2km more on a 5km run. it would record distance at 7km while both the treadmill and google fit at 5km, for that purpose I avoid using the distance as part of my metrics. I record my metrics on a separate spreadsheet to monitor my progress.
While on the spin bike both my fitness tracker watches sometimes record HRM accurately but for the majority of the time it is way out. I've played with different positions on my wrist but the readings are not consistent, so i ended up getting a chest HRM when I'm using the spin bike. For me I prefer to monitor my heart rate zones during a workout.

Overall I truly enjoy using/wearing it more so that my Samsung Fit2. It provides many more features than the Fit2 and there's an app to changes the face in the google play (nothing that I could find in the iOS side). It's on my wrist 24/7 and I get no more than 9 days battery life.
rajojomanik
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2019
1109 posts
1248 upvotes
It doesn't have speaker does it? So how does Alexa work?
I am assuming it works with connected phone so why are they trumpeting it?
This is meant for females?
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Jan 24, 2018
55 posts
51 upvotes
I bought this during the last sale and the distance is definitely not accurate. It records close to 1.5-2x the actual distance. Also, the heartrate isn't accurate. I wear it while sprinting and the heart rate reads 80-100 which i know is not possible. The watch is good at making you feel better about your fitness goals
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
KrupalK578785 wrote: Also, the heartrate isn't accurate. I wear it while sprinting and the heart rate reads 80-100 which i know is not possible. The watch is good at making you feel better about your fitness goals
What? That seems normal, even good?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8344 posts
8883 upvotes
RFDGiroro wrote: I saw this post and would like to chime in on my experience with the watch.

Never knew a digital watch can't keep time... Learn something new everyday!
Jan 24, 2018
55 posts
51 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: What? That seems normal, even good?
I usually run at 150-170 HR when I work out or do cardio after. 80-100 doesn't make any sense. I just like that it vibrates when you get a call which is what I use it for.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
873 upvotes
canada
Should put in OP, inaccurate watch. Was gonna buy 3 now I’m in for 0. Thanks folks
Sep 10, 2015
501 posts
406 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I bought 5 last time around and used it daily. I’ve found zero inaccuracies and have tracked steps on iPhone and this at the same time and it’s been at most 10 steps less. Liked it so much got it for my folks for the heart rate feature. I paid $35 CAD when converted each last time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)