[B&H Photo Video] Amazfit Bip S Multi-Sport GPS Smartwatch $49.99USD

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
February 10, 2021
Retailer:
B&H Photo Video
More offers from B&H Photo Video
TODAY ONLY. Use 28% off coupon to bring price in the cart down to $49.99USD. Free Shipping over $99USD, so purchasing two should qualify for FS.

Amazfit BIP S Specs
General
Watch Operating System Proprietary OS
Compatible Operating System Android 5.0 and later
iOS 10.0 and later
Sensors Accelerometer, Compass, Heart Rate
Activity Tracker Yes
Connectivity
Connectivity Bluetooth, NFC
Bluetooth 5.0
GSM 2G Yes
GSM 3G/3.5G Yes
4G LTE Yes
Wi-Fi Standard Not Specified by Manufacturer
GPS Yes, with GLONASS
Display
Dial Shape Rectangle
Display Size 1.28" / 3.3 cm
Dial Type Digital
Display Technology LCD
Display Resolution 176 x 176
Pixel Density 195 ppi
Display Colors Supported 64
Battery
Battery Capacity 200 mAh
Battery Life Normal Use: Up to 40 days
Battery Charging Time 2.5 Hours
Physical
Watch Crystal Material Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Case Materials Polycarbonate
IP Rating IP68
Water Rating 5 ATM
Band Material Silicone, TPU
Band Width 20 mm
Wrist Size Fits wrists 3.3 to 4.3" / 85 to 110 mm
Case Dimensions 1.39 x 1.65 x 0.45" / 35.3 x 42 x 11.4 mm
Weight 1.1 oz / 31 g (Watch and Band)
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."― John Ruskin
29 replies
Apr 7, 2007
707 posts
219 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP. Ordered 2 to get free shipping. Selected the option to handle taxes and duties myself as I don't think there will be any. Will advise the group later if there is.
This is a good conicidence. My father wants a smart watch for this birthday and I decided to get the Amazfit Bip S. Was going to order today on Amazon for $100 CDN (+ GST). So for $100 USD getting 2 with no taxes is a killer deal. I have the original Amazfit Bip. Will pass that to my kid and I'll use the other Amazfit Bip S.
Jan 6, 2008
316 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm pretty sure they use FedEx which will add duties and their their own fees.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11090 posts
3629 upvotes
Good deal - I have the previous gen and it's still works great
Nov 16, 2019
95 posts
36 upvotes
LTE, really?

I still have the original Bip and tbh it's working just fine. What's are the differences between the old and new models?
Dec 20, 2012
453 posts
348 upvotes
Barrie
magixx wrote: I'm pretty sure they use FedEx which will add duties and their their own fees.
With B&H you can pre-pay taxes/duties. Looks like 13% + $1 on this.
Dec 25, 2006
566 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
Decent smartwatch - owned one and have sold it.

It's very small - which can be good and bad. If you've got average to large size fingers the touch screen isn't great because of the small size.
I found the screen quite dim and hard to see on a sunny day outdoors.
Battery life is great - I was seeing about 2 weeks between charges using it to track my bike rides (with GPS) enabled.
GPS is ok - accuracy compared to garmin is only ok and it takes a LONG time to lock onto a signal and to it seemed to me every second time I activated the GPS tracking it needed/wanted to be updated.
The heartrate tracking seemed to drop out quite frequently for me. Wasn't very impressed by that.
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Feb 18, 2007
911 posts
1108 upvotes
Vancouver
mada41 wrote: With B&H you can pre-pay taxes/duties. Looks like 13% + $1 on this.
OP selected "I'll handle myself", which is going to cost him a **** ton of money once it gets to his door.

Prepaying only costs $7 USD for duty and $8 USD for shipping for one watch. That is the way to go.

Some places like ebay global shipping program and rockauto have this, always select this and prepay. Its almost ALWAYS cheaper by a huge amount to prepay than to use the carriers own garbage brokerage, and their fees
Feb 18, 2007
911 posts
1108 upvotes
Vancouver
cheapmother wrote: Thanks OP. Ordered 2 to get free shipping. Selected the option to handle taxes and duties myself as I don't think there will be any. Will advise the group later if there is.
This is a good conicidence. My father wants a smart watch for this birthday and I decided to get the Amazfit Bip S. Was going to order today on Amazon for $100 CDN (+ GST). So for $100 USD getting 2 with no taxes is a killer deal. I have the original Amazfit Bip. Will pass that to my kid and I'll use the other Amazfit Bip S.
You're going to have a real nice surprise with the fees once it crosses the border.

The brokerage alone to handle will cost you way way more than what you prepay on checkout. All this to save $7 USD at checkout?

Sense this does not make
Dec 20, 2012
453 posts
348 upvotes
Barrie
danascully wrote: OP selected "I'll handle myself", which is going to cost him a **** ton of money once it gets to his door.

Prepaying only costs $7 USD for duty and $8 USD for shipping for one watch. That is the way to go.

Some places like ebay global shipping program and rockauto have this, always select this and prepay. Its almost ALWAYS cheaper by a huge amount to prepay than to use the carriers own garbage brokerage, and their fees
100%... You might get lucky with USPS, but the big carriers make money on brokerage fees. They want you to pay duties, as they're going to make money on it. I think you might be able to get around it by self-clearing once it ships (I haven't done this) - but you're still going to pay duties.

Prepaying the duties at a rate of HST + a fee of a buck is a no-brainer.
Apr 7, 2007
707 posts
219 upvotes
Calgary, AB
danascully wrote: You're going to have a real nice surprise with the fees once it crosses the border.

The brokerage alone to handle will cost you way way more than what you prepay on checkout. All this to save $7 USD at checkout?

Sense this does not make
OK, thanks for the heads up! I cancelled the order and re-ordered using the brokerage option.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9017 posts
5460 upvotes
Toronto
dmitrym879060355 wrote: I still have the original Bip and tbh it's working just fine. What's are the differences between the old and new models?
S has better water resistance (50m vs 30m Bip Lite vs IP68 Bip) and transflective screen (vs reflective on Bip / Bip Lite). Also tracks a few more sports like swimming.

https://mashtips.com/amazfit-bip-vs-bip-lite-vs-bip-s/
Sep 24, 2020
47 posts
14 upvotes
Any concerns in case need to return? Will it be easy or pain in a**?
Oct 19, 2015
101 posts
94 upvotes
Québec
Battery of this watch last forever! 6 weeks since its last recharge, and still 12%.
Mar 30, 2008
716 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
It's definitely hit or miss with customs. I bought a $700usd watch around Christmas and selected the clear myself option. It shipped with DHL and I did not have to pay any duties/taxes or brokerage.
That said, it's a really cheap option on this watch.
Last edited by madmox on Feb 10th, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 30, 2008
716 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
I am using a fitbit versa 2 right now. How do these compare?
Jul 6, 2009
716 posts
186 upvotes
danascully wrote: Some places like ebay global shipping program and rockauto have this, always select this and prepay. Its almost ALWAYS cheaper by a huge amount to prepay than to use the carriers own garbage brokerage, and their fees
Rockauto is great, but Ebay Global Shipping is handled by Pitney Bowes and IME they can be just as expensive as the couriers.
Mar 4, 2015
263 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver
madmox wrote: I am using a fitbit versa 2 right now. How do these compare?
The battery won't be dead 14 months after purchase.
Feb 18, 2007
911 posts
1108 upvotes
Vancouver
Citizen Bmac wrote: Rockauto is great, but Ebay Global Shipping is handled by Pitney Bowes and IME they can be just as expensive as the couriers.
Not been my experience with any US based ebay sale to here.

They are in line or maybe slightly more expensive than any other us based purchase