Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
B&H Photo Video

Google Pixel 2 XL 64GB $130 USD , 128GB $150 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2021 10:30 am
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital

[B&H Photo Video] Google Pixel 2 XL 64GB $130 USD , 128GB $150 USD

Deal Link:
Retailer:
B&H Photo Video
More offers from B&H Photo Video
Please use Fast & Easy Prepay taxes and duties or else FedEx will bill you $70 through mail after delivery

This phone does not get support from Google anymore and latest OS is android 11

OOS 64GB black https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... ?KBID=2572

OOS 64GB black and white https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... ?KBID=2572

128GB black https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... 128gb.html
Last edited by stephroll on Aug 16th, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
121 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19429 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
They're onto Pixel 5 already so guessing Pixel 2 is kinda considered old tech now?
Jan 28, 2014
690 posts
328 upvotes
stovetop wrote: They're onto Pixel 5 already so guessing Pixel 2 is kinda considered old tech now?
Yes I just upgraded from a 2XL to a 5.
While on paper they are supposed to be similar power the 5 is much more snappy

Pixel 2 has also reached end of life support and has not been getting any updates since last year.

Also the screen of the 2XL is awful. The colors are not right at all. I'd recommend a 4a or 3a or 5 over the 2XL. Similar in picture quality to a bad plasma tv from the 2000s

Only reason I use the pixels is the unlimited photo storage on pixel phones. I refuse to pay for any online subscriptions. I actually went from a s20FE and prefer the pixel 5 because it's smaller and less top heavy.
Mar 9, 2009
662 posts
773 upvotes
STIGUY wrote: Yes I just upgraded from a 2XL to a 5.
While on paper they are supposed to be similar power the 5 is much more snappy

Pixel 2 has also reached end of life support and has not been getting any updates since last year.

Also the screen of the 2XL is awful. The colors are not right at all. I'd recommend a 4a or 3a or 5 over the 2XL. Similar in picture quality to a bad plasma tv from the 2000s

Only reason I use the pixels is the unlimited photo storage on pixel phones. I refuse to pay for any online subscriptions. I actually went from a s20FE and prefer the pixel 5 because it's smaller and less top heavy.
Wait are you saying an $800 phone is better than a $150 phone?

Some people don't live on their phones...pixel 2 is good for talk/text/pictures/music/GPS
Mar 4, 2006
423 posts
237 upvotes
Ottawa
Just got a 2xl for my daughter to use as a mini tablet. Works for me
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
I was goingv to buy a cheap digital camera. But I'm thinking the camera on this is probably better than all point and shoot cameras that are sub $200? Plus this has the free photo storage
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1651 posts
2335 upvotes
Installed lineage OS 18.1 and this phone runs great
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
Seconded about the crappy screen, saw it in person when it was this vs the S8 (churn at $350 through koodo) and it was disappointing. Otherwise solid phone/camera.

That was back in 2019, amazing to see them still trying to sell this phone when its an EOL product. Says something about how good it was, my S8 has held up very well too and still rocking it.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2722 posts
5383 upvotes
Winterpeg
I still don't understand why people keep buying a phone that is no longer being supported. LOL

Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
My parents are using a moto g. Means nothing to them that isn't supported.

This will be a good upgrade for them
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
What's the extent of "no support" ... phone continues to work, just apps won't update? Or operating system will no longer update, so at some point apps will no longer communicate with you because you aren't using the latest edition, correct?

Why are google's dates so early, Pixel 3a is next year? This phone is just a few years old.
EPcjay wrote: My parents are using a moto g. Means nothing to them that isn't supported.

This will be a good upgrade for them
Same boat, same phone.
Looking at a phone for my Dad at this price point but I need it for October. Hmm lol
Don't really want to let the battery sit that long
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6737 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: Same boat, same phone.
Looking at a phone for my Dad at this price point but I need it for October. Hmm lol
Don't really want to let the battery sit that long
Not sure what damage letting it sit for another few months will do; these have already been sitting for years. Google stopped making them in 2018/2019.

And yeah, it just means no more operating system updates or security patches. Apps should continue to work fine for a long time (and those will keep getting updated as long as the developer updates them). Android is very fragmented in that regard and the majority of Android users are several OS versions behind. Many manufacturers will give you one update if you're lucky; Google giving 3 years of updates is definitely above average.

My personal opinion is if all you're doing is installing well-known apps from Google Play, the lack of updates is not really a big deal.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25735 upvotes
Montreal
Manatus wrote: (...) Android is very fragmented in that regard and the majority of Android users are several OS versions behind. (...) My personal opinion is if all you're doing is installing well-known apps from Google Play, the lack of updates is not really a big deal.
Many are hysteric about having the latest update OS on their phone. I'm on Android 6. Do you absolutely have to bank with your phone? I don't. I bank on my updated Windows 10 laptop. What I do with my phone is low risk.
Oct 1, 2009
23 posts
1 upvote
London
I am wondering how all of the buyers of the B&H pixel 2XL phones are doing with the battery quality. These are older phones that have been sitting in storage for quite awhile and I would very much appreciate some comments from recent buyers on the batteries. Thank You
Dec 6, 2008
809 posts
619 upvotes
mine came last week, picked up at fedex no taxes (absolutely do not pre pay taxes for the cusma version) was about 160 CAD all in… so far it isn’t bad, dunno about the battery life its used as rooted/spoofing phone sitting at my desk for pokémon lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
benji82 wrote: mine came last week, picked up at fedex no taxes (absolutely do not pre pay taxes for the cusma version) was about 160 CAD all in… so far it isn’t bad, dunno about the battery life its used as rooted/spoofing phone sitting at my desk for pokémon lol
Really? You don't have to pay taxes/duties or whatever?

I did see that the black one says CUSMA qualified but the white doesn't.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)