Expired Hot Deals

[B&H Photo Video] HOT LG OLED CX 77 INCH - $3,746.12CAD + tax + Shipping (~$4.4K all in)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2021 12:04 am
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
540 posts
412 upvotes
Montreal

[B&H Photo Video] HOT LG OLED CX 77 INCH - $3,746.12CAD + tax + Shipping (~$4.4K all in)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
B&H Photo Video
More offers from B&H Photo Video
Hi,

I was in the market for the new 2021 model (LG C1 77inch) but I couldn’t pass this deal.

For me in Quebec, this deal on the CX was almost a rebate of $1500 vs the C1, even with the fact that we need to pay for shipping.

The CX and C1 are pretty much similar : https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... 0619/21421

edit 1: if you have an ameri-friend, you should also be able to get the free bluetooth speaker promotion: https://lgtvpromotion.com

edit 2: as some noted, the manufacturer warranty will not be valid in canada. Not a deal breaker for me at this price but it might be for some.

edit 3 : you can add Allstate Protection for 2 years for $150US. This protection plan is valid worldwide. Even if you add this warranty, the deal will still great!
See the details for international cover here : https://www.squaretrade.com/bhphoto

You will be able to add the warranty directly in your cart.

edit 4: if you are not sure about the protection plan, you have 30 days after your purchase to add it. I think that it's better to secure a stock the sooner the better if you are in the market for that tv

edit 5: deal might be dead since DHL is not taking order anymore cause of their Cincinnati hub which have a large backlog. It might change within the next few days / weeks.

edit 6: deal is back! DHL shipping is offered again to Canada.

edit 7: deal seems to be dead. BH don’t have stock anymore and the tv not listed anymore.
Last edited by Benlehot on Jun 20th, 2021 6:50 am, edited 10 times in total.
435 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
19308 posts
22287 upvotes
The favorable currency is helping as the US is in active inflation mode, strengthening the Canadian dollar on a relative basis.

You'll keep seeing interesting cross-border deals for a little while. Biden inflation is a boon for Canadian buyers.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on May 12th, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1076 posts
1221 upvotes
Damn! That size... That price... I need a deal on a bigger house so I can buy this TV!
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3474 posts
2015 upvotes
great for playoffs!
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
540 posts
412 upvotes
Montreal
redflagdealsguy wrote: The favorable currency is helping as the US is in active inflation mode, strengthening the Canadian dollar on a relative basis.

You'll keep seeing interesting cross-border deals for a little while. Biden inflation is a boon for Canadian buyers.
Totally! Seeing a lot of deals from the US those days.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4056 posts
4186 upvotes
Alberta
Tempting. I just bought a 65" CX in January that would look great in my bedroom. Thanks op.
Dec 5, 2016
353 posts
526 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: The favorable currency is helping as the US is in active inflation mode, strengthening the Canadian dollar on a relative basis.

I feel bad for Jerome, he's been trying everything to get high inflation for years yet others are getting credit.
Dec 3, 2006
465 posts
279 upvotes
Craven
How does the Sony Master Series compare? I can get the 77" for 4.5K.
Feb 26, 2008
346 posts
91 upvotes
Montreal
Is the LG warranty valid when buying from the US ?

Was hoping for a deal on that exact size/model but I pulled the trigger on the 2998$ 85" x900h
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
540 posts
412 upvotes
Montreal
Imago wrote: How does the Sony Master Series compare? I can get the 77" for 4.5K.
Pretty sure that LG Oled are better than Sony. Also, if it’s a 2020 model, if I remember correctly, they have only one hdmi 2.1
Dec 17, 2015
104 posts
231 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
krusty50 wrote: Is the LG warranty valid when buying from the US ?
From Q&A section of the listing: "The included warranty is offered by LG USA only and is valid only in the USA."

EDIT: here’s the warranty certificate

Kinda breaks the deal for me :(
Last edited by juldum on May 12th, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
540 posts
412 upvotes
Montreal
juldum wrote: From Q&A section of the listing: "The included warranty is offered by LG USA only and is valid only in the USA."

Kinda breaks the deal for me :(
Yeah it’s probably the case for the warranty but for this discount I’m willing to take the chance. This will be my 3rd LG oled and I never had a single issue.

I had Samsung and Vizio tv having light bleed problem after a year but I feel kinda safe with those Oled panel.

I thing you can add a warranty in your cart that will be valid in canada

Also, gonna using my VISA protection if something happens. I’m at least protected for 6 months (normal warranty is only 1 year so we are almost there) but I’m not sure if the extended warrant will apply.
Last edited by Benlehot on May 12th, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
540 posts
412 upvotes
Montreal
RicketyCricket33 wrote: Am I missing something, or aren't duties going to totally kill this?
Duties will be included in the tax you pay. BH does it for you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5559 posts
2501 upvotes
Ancaster
Benlehot wrote: Pretty sure that LG Oled are better than Sony. Also, if it’s a 2020 model, if I remember correctly, they have only one hdmi 2.1
Depends on what you define as "better". For films, no the Master Series are better out-of-the-box.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3204 posts
3145 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Imago wrote: How does the Sony Master Series compare? I can get the 77" for 4.5K.
From where?

Generally LG is better for gaming, Sony better for movies/tv. The new 2021 Sony's have HDMI 2.1 with 120hz so the gaming thing isn't as big a deal. The 2019/2020 77" Master series is a beauty if you don't game.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5559 posts
2501 upvotes
Ancaster

That's an interesting point you raise. I just checked a few camera lenses on BH and even after the exchange rate, it comes out 15% less expensive. If the product has an international warranty or you can live without one, there are some great savings to be had.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
19308 posts
22287 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: That's an interesting point you raise. I just checked a few camera lenses on BH and even after the exchange rate, it comes out 15% less expensive. If the product has an international warranty or you can live without one, there are some great savings to be had.
I'm already checking BH for nuggets as you speak. Guaranteed you'll find more.

With some things, I don't care so much about warranty. OLED is a tough one though, price is excellent so some might roll the dice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5559 posts
2501 upvotes
Ancaster
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'm already checking BH for nuggets as you speak. Guaranteed you'll find more.

With some things, I don't care so much about warranty. OLED is a tough one though, price is excellent so some might roll the dice.
752332bced3b2d53fa46c4e57c3f6de6.jpg

Edit: And yeah, I wouldn't touch an OLED (or any expensive TV) without a warranty. They're just not built to last like the tubes of old.
Last edited by unshavenyak on May 12th, 2021 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.