Expired Hot Deals

[B&H Photo Video] Pixel 3 64Gb Unlocked $160 USD.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2021 11:50 am
[OP]
Jul 24, 2002
476 posts
84 upvotes
Vancouver

[B&H Photo Video] Pixel 3 64Gb Unlocked $160 USD.

Deal Link:
Price:
159.99 US
Expiry:
June 19, 2021
Retailer:
B&H Photo Video
More offers from B&H Photo Video
I guess while the US dollar is lower, looks decent.
Looks like for two days only. It says ends in 45 hours as of this post time.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 18th, 2021 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
KLUTZO

<no linking to external sites>
4K for the real world

Videography geek, Game geek, Family geek, all round geek!
115 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
5684 posts
5903 upvotes
Toronto
HarvinderS19649 wrote: Can we get this shipped to Canada? Are there any customs issues?
Yes.

You can pre-pay any local import duties and taxes to avoid additional costs.

Duties, Taxes, Customs & Other Fees
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpC ... sp#Customs
If you opt to pre-pay, we will collect and pay any local import duties and taxes on your behalf. By choosing this service, you authorize B&H to charge any additional import duties, VAT or taxes to the original payment method. You also authorize us to charge any subsequent delivery fee resulting from incorrectly identifying your delivery location as a business vs. residential address to the original payment method.

If you decline our pre-payment service, B&H cannot be responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs-related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Dec 2, 2016
305 posts
327 upvotes
Can someone please explain the P3 XL's "verizon unlocked" distinction? I kind of wanted the larger one but I can't seem to find out what that mention of "verizon" means for me. Something about a bootloader?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2804 posts
1140 upvotes
Ottawa
Man I wish I had a use for a backup phone.
Even though it is a couple of years old, $160 seems nice.
Sep 3, 2017
420 posts
657 upvotes
Vancouver
ButtermanJr wrote: Can someone please explain the P3 XL's "verizon unlocked" distinction? I kind of wanted the larger one but I can't seem to find out what that mention of "verizon" means for me. Something about a bootloader?
Google support ends in a few months for both models. That is why they are discounting them. I would suggest people only buy these if they intend to run custom ROM such as LineageOS on them (do not suggest GrapheneOS or CalyxOS as they drop support at the same time). You cannot run custom ROM on the Verizon unlocked models.
Dec 2, 2016
305 posts
327 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: Google support ends in a few months for both models. That is why they are discounting them. I would suggest people only buy these if they intend to run custom ROM such as LineageOS on them (do not suggest GrapheneOS or CalyxOS as they drop support at the same time). You cannot run custom ROM on the Verizon unlocked models.
Thanks, very good to know.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3393 posts
1975 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Does B&H charge the 15% return restocking fee?
Feb 14, 2006
789 posts
884 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
AdamKing wrote: Does B&H charge the 15% return restocking fee?
Prob do, plus charge return international ship & insurance. Could be better to kijiji it than return to B&H at this price.

IMO if these are new the battery got as long as the software support left. P3 released jn 2018 iirc so stopped production in 2019 for the newer models. Looking at 5-7 year shelf life on lithium usually when maintained and kept in a humidity & temp controlled environment...
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2198 posts
1721 upvotes
GTA
Got excited that this is a way to keep using Google Photos without the storage space being used, but...

https://store.google.com/ca/magazine/co ... r1=Pixel+5
Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL: Free, unlimited, online, original-quality storage for all photos and videos uploaded to Google Photos from Pixel 3 until 31/01/2022. Photos and videos uploaded before 31/01/2022 will remain free at original quality. Requires a Google Account. Data rates may apply. Subscriptions may apply. g.co/help/photostorage
UPDATE: everyone, unlimited 'high quality' photos will be available. Keep reading later for my next comment. Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by martydxb on Jun 18th, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 25, 2019
656 posts
679 upvotes
Android 9...So this would be upgraded once activated??
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live." — Mae Jemison
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13149 posts
23932 upvotes
SCOPster wrote: Android 9...So this would be upgraded once activated??
It’ll be on 12 and that’ll be the end of support
Sep 14, 2017
143 posts
71 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: Google support ends in a few months for both models. That is why they are discounting them. I would suggest people only buy these if they intend to run custom ROM such as LineageOS on them (do not suggest GrapheneOS or CalyxOS as they drop support at the same time). You cannot run custom ROM on the Verizon unlocked models.
Good to know about the Verizon models.

Support ends this October: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/a ... xel-phones

On the other hand, it's the cheapest phone you can get, if you want to try out Android 12 beta: https://www.google.com/android/beta#faq
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1443 posts
385 upvotes
Bedford
How does this compare to the Moto phone that Costco had on for $160 CAD?
Sep 29, 2010
464 posts
618 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: Google support ends in a few months for both models. That is why they are discounting them. I would suggest people only buy these if they intend to run custom ROM such as LineageOS on them (do not suggest GrapheneOS or CalyxOS as they drop support at the same time).
This doesn't bug me so much. Updates are overrated.
soymilkslam wrote: You cannot run custom ROM on the Verizon unlocked models.
This is pretty terrible though, and can't be stressed enough.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1586 posts
802 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ButtermanJr wrote: Thanks, very good to know.
Wrong. You can as long as you pull out the verizon sim, turn it on and you can enable developer mode and turn on OEM unlock. I bought one a few weeks ago during the last sale for the same price. Check the thread in the expired deals.
Nov 23, 2018
865 posts
302 upvotes
Markham ON
anyone in markham want to bundle?
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Sep 11, 2004
129 posts
29 upvotes
Regarding bootloader unlock on the Pixel 3 XL Verizon version:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/i-ju ... e.4267273/

It seems there is some success on getting that model unlocked for lineageos or other custom roms, etc. I can't vouch for this, so, take it for what it is/YMMV. Seems completely reasonable though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)