Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
B&H Photo Video

Pixel 3 (non-XL) - $159 USD + Taxes w/FS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2021 1:48 am
Dec 26, 2017
315 posts
1338 upvotes

[B&H Photo Video] Pixel 3 (non-XL) - $159 USD + Taxes w/FS

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 25, 2021
Retailer:
B&H Photo Video
More offers from B&H Photo Video
Time limited - though it will only increase to $169 USD after tonight.

Regular Pixel 3 for a pretty darn good price. Nothing mentioned about this being refurbished, appears to be new.

Pixel 3 is a bit of a controversial phone - not the best battery life, has bezels that make me nostalgic, and has limited lens options for the camera. Otherwise you're getting a solid performing chipset optimized to vanilla Android, will be updated to Android 12 shortly (though this may be its final update), camera still sits among the best (for the regular wide-angle lens).

Was looking at getting a Pixel 4a for a decent "budget" device but all things considered, including price ($220 CAD all in for BC), the Pixel 3 is a damn good price.

Pixel 3XL also available with larger screen and better battery life, albeit an ugly-a** notch and a few pennies more.
Last edited by WCDave on May 25th, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
141 replies
Jun 7, 2013
457 posts
621 upvotes
GATINEAU
Software support ending in September or October for this phone though... 3 years from launch.
Good budget phone otherwise, I had it when it launched.
Dec 28, 2005
659 posts
225 upvotes
Near VanCity
Thanks OP! I was actually looking at getting the 4a, but this seems like a good price. I would appreciate some RFD wisdom with this! BTW, the B&H "deal" ends in just over 7 hrs.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
frankmp wrote: $277cnd pixel 3a xl. Not bad. Never bought from them are they easy to deal with on orders shipped to Canada? Who they use for shipping to know if there are unknown extras like brokerage fees...

Screenshot_20210525-141103.png
They offer to prepay it all for you if you pay them an extra $1 along with the applicable taxes and duties.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2019
1109 posts
1248 upvotes
WHY would a sane person go backwards to Pie?????
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2313 posts
3013 upvotes
why is it so cheap???
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
2448 posts
4444 upvotes
Vancouver
This is a great phone to use with Lineage.

If you plan to use stock android, then you should not consider this.

That said, is the Verizon version of this compatible with Lineage? Does it have unlocked boot loader?
May 13, 2009
101 posts
209 upvotes
SCOPster wrote: WHY would a sane person go backwards to Pie?????
????

Just install updates?
Dec 21, 2016
174 posts
334 upvotes
Alberta
This is still a pretty good phone, I would recommend you use CalyxOS with it as you get better privacy, while keeping the android security model (verified boot and a locked bootloader). Pixel 2 support was dropped by Google last December but is still getting updates from Calyx. Personally I haven't had an inconveniences without Google services as Calyx includes microg. You might not be able to use Gpay and Play Games but other apps that rely on Google's Service Framework can be installed from the aurora store and work perfectly fine (ex: Slack/Banking/Discord).

EDIT: You can't unlock the bootloader of Verizon version, makes this not a hot buy.
Last edited by Euphyse on May 25th, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1309 posts
440 upvotes
Markham ON
Anyone going to buy one in markham? Can we bundle?
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Dec 1, 2010
428 posts
325 upvotes
Windsor
My wife and i using pixel 3 last 3yrs, no problems at all. She loves the camera and it is clear, sharp.
Only recently has battery life been degrading, but nothing other than from normal use.
I was considering the Zoomer wirely 4a deal last month opted to pass since the difference from 3 to 4a isn't significant, recall one article said it would be a step back.
Anyways, if you need a phone to get by for now, I'd grab this deal, especially US exchange rate has been lowest in some time.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lowfiguy7 wrote: Lineage OS can be applied to this phone for anyone who wants additional support.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/blueline
It seems verizon version's bootloader cannot be unlocked.

EDIT: it seems possible immediately out of box. see my post below.
Last edited by ericw on May 26th, 2021 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
Just ordered a Pixel 3XL 64GB Not Pink.

Total including D&F: USD $261.31
Credit Card Charge: CAD $323.77

Most likely I'll gift it to my parents.
Great deal, thanks OP!
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10595 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
Thanks OP - not a bad deal for a capable phone - now to hunt for a good case for it.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25722 upvotes
Montreal
frankmp wrote: $277cnd pixel 3a xl. Not bad. Never bought from them are they easy to deal with on orders shipped to Canada? Who they use for shipping to know if there are unknown extras like brokerage fees...
I can vouch for them. Bought a phone 3 years ago. Price quoted with no surprise. I don't remember the shipper. It went well.
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
Euphyse wrote: EDIT: You can't unlock the bootloader of Verizon version, makes this not a hot buy.
This. If you can't run custom roms on this, then I would look elsewhere. On the positives, at least you can run Android 11 and probably 12, but after that, no further updates.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)