Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
B&H Photo Video

Pixel 3 (non-XL) - $159 USD + Taxes w/FS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2021 1:48 am
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DasHip wrote: Thanks ericw.. Know I'm sorta reviving an old thread/posting on it, but can I unlock the bootloader later (like, say, a year or so later) so long as I pulled that Verizon SIM from the start? From what I've gathered, (reading thru this thread) that answer's probably yes....
yes and avoid it on verizon network
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
I heard the news that Pixel 3 is now end-of-life and Google is no longer providing updates for it as of last month. Just went through the hassle of installing Lineage OS, which provides ongoing updates to the Pixel phones, only to realize that most banking apps don't work, Google Pay doesn't work, and even Netflix doesn't work. This is a major buzzkill and kind of makes it pointless to unlock the bootloader/use other ROMs? Seems there used to be a way to "hack" around it using MagiskHide but that tool is discontinued as of October. There are other tools that claim to work around it but they are even more shady than MagiskHide was (don't really want to risk my financial info to some random rooting app from a stranger on the internet).

Just went back to stock Pixel 3 ROM and re-locked the bootloader. Google will still provide "mainline" updates, which aren't as good as full support, but it'll have to do.
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer