[B&H Photo Video] (Refurbished) TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 Router $40USD

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
33% off
Retailer:
B&H Photo Video
More offers from B&H Photo Video
For anyone that has missed out on their Cyber Monday sale, this router can still be had for a great price of $39.99/unit.

When I ordered it for Cyber Monday, there was no tax and duty. Shipping was free as well.

This is Version 5.8 that supports OpenWRT and DD-WRT for those who wish to be adventurous and flash a 3rd party firmware. You would need to flash two routers to setup a mesh network.

If you want to set up a mesh with stock firmware, all you need is one router (this router) and a compatible range extender from this list here.

Again, if you want to set up a seamless mesh network with STOCK firmware, all you need is ONE router (this router) + a compatible range extender from this list.

Cheers!
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4245 posts
566 upvotes
Georgetown
AsianXL wrote: For anyone that has missed out on their Cyber Monday sale, this router can still be had for a great price of $39.99/unit.

When I ordered it for Cyber Monday, there was no tax and duty. Shipping was free as well.

This is Version 5.8 that supports OpenWRT and DD-WRT for those who wish to be adventurous and flash a 3rd party firmware. You would need to flash two routers to setup a mesh network.

If you want to set up a mesh with stock firmware, all you need is one router (this router) and a compatible range extender from this list here.

Again, if you want to set up a seamless mesh network with STOCK firmware, all you need is ONE router (this router) + a compatible range extender from this list.

Cheers!
Thanks for linking that info! I have a C7 v2... I had no idea a newer hardware version would support mesh... I wonder if the mesh works well...

Edit - I also have an RE200 v2.1. Both pre-mesh versions...smh
Last edited by Tiberius on Dec 1st, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 18, 2017
685 posts
1333 upvotes
Came to $60 CAD for me all in (duty was $9.20). Bit much for a refurb, no? New on Amazon is $79.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1555 posts
1127 upvotes
BC
AsianXL wrote: For anyone that has missed out on their Cyber Monday sale, this router can still be had for a great price of $39.99/unit.

Cheers!
wasn't this on sale for $30 US yesterday? guess that was Cyber Monday deal?
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13033 posts
2307 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
User131439 wrote: Came to $60 CAD for me all in (duty was $9.20). Bit much for a refurb, no? New on Amazon is $79.
You're probably looking at the C7:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00BUSDVBQ/
which isn't the same as the A7 (Marketplace price of $115):
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079JD7F7G/

Just don't ask me what the difference is :D .

EDIT// Well, seems they might be the same, except the A supports Alexa.
https://www.tp-link.com/us/compare/?typ ... 49%2C31387
Aug 7, 2011
768 posts
342 upvotes
I purchsed the Archer A10 2600 https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-AC2600-Sm ... 580&sr=8-1
for $100 recently.

My goal is to get better range to my basement from 2nd floor and Rogers Hitron Coda isn't cutting it.

Am I better off getting this A7 + an access point? Do the access points require connection via ethernet?

Edit: How can you tell which version TP-link products are? e.g. where does it say this is V5.8? how do you know if buying from different vendor.
Dec 5, 2008
87 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal
Mine arrived today, but i can not make it work so far. After i turned it on,only the power LED and last LED are solid on. I tried hold the wps/wi-fi button on the back for more than 2 seconds, but nothing changed. Did i just get a bricked one ?

Update,
Connected through cable and got error that system wont boot-up and required firmware update, i am was able to fix it by flash openwrt firmware and confirm it is v5.