Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Synology DiskStation DS920+ (DEAD, UPDATE of Unreasonable RMA Policy of Synology)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 6:12 pm
Apr 20, 2018
155 posts
102 upvotes

Synology DiskStation DS920+ (DEAD, UPDATE of Unreasonable RMA Policy of Synology)

$440 USD = $586.3 CAD = 440*1.3*1.025 (credit card currency conversion)

Hotter than yesterday's Amazon deal ($645 CAD before tax).

Free shipping to Canada. $675 all in for QC.

UPDATE: After some further research, I cancelled my order due to their unreasonable RMA policy from Synology -- Customers have to pay for the shipping to send the defective devices back to US.

And this also has been confirmed by their online agents, no matter you bought it from a Canadian distributor or the states.

The shipping can easily cost you $100:
Capture.JPG

The OP in this Reddit thread is also a Canadian customer:
https://www.reddit.com/r/synology/comme ... rma_ds918/
Capture1.JPG
Last edited by Aelanord on Dec 3rd, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
28 replies
Nov 22, 2011
372 posts
304 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Shows 550 USD for me.
Apr 20, 2018
155 posts
102 upvotes
xantius wrote: Shows 550 USD for me.
Disappointed But Relieved FaceSorry, deal dead already. It went OOS very fast yesterday as well, I saw it came back to stock so placed the order without hesitation, lol
Images
  • Capture3.JPG
Nov 1, 2012
148 posts
455 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Good luck with duty charges!
Nov 22, 2011
372 posts
304 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I appreciate the post, thank you.
Apr 20, 2018
155 posts
102 upvotes
.fess wrote: Back to $550
The price is always $550, but it has a $110 coupon to click when it's in stock, which brings the price down to $440 USD. I think once it's back in stock, you should be able use the coupon again. Keep refreshing...
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
Coupon PM100912 worked for me! Dropped the price to $440.

Edit: OOS again
Apr 20, 2018
155 posts
102 upvotes
.fess wrote: Coupon PM100912 worked for me! Dropped the price to $440.

Great news! But it seems like this is a unique price matching coupon registered to your account. I guess you got it from the online agent, it probably won't be valid to others anymore.
Feb 21, 2007
100 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to order 920 for $647 CAD all in. But that was like 2 hours ago. I guess out of stock again.
Nov 17, 2014
606 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Keep an eye for stock.. It has come back to stock many time in the last 2 days
Apr 20, 2018
155 posts
102 upvotes
.fess wrote: Coupon PM100912 worked for me! Dropped the price to $440.

rocketm wrote: I was able to order 920 for $647 CAD all in. But that was like 2 hours ago. I guess out of stock again.
After some further research, I cancelled my order due to their unreasonable RMA policy -- Customers have to pay for the shipping to send the defective devices back to US.

And this also has been confirmed by their online agents, no matter you bought it from a Canadian distributor or the states.

The shipping can easily cost you $100:
Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

I think I will just build my own NAS with a Gemini Lake board.
Last edited by Aelanord on Dec 3rd, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2017
1366 posts
176 upvotes
Aelanord wrote: After some further research, I cancelled my order due to their unreasonable RMA policy -- Customers have to pay for the shipping to send the defective devices back to US.

The shipping can easier cost you $100:

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

I think I will just build my own NAS with a Gemini Lake board.
$100?

For my last RMA they ship you a replacement unit and then you put the defective on in the box they sent and send back on your dime. Shipping was around $40-$50.
> ***International Customers***

1. We will do our best to minimize any costs you will incur, but you will be responsible for any costs incurred at the border.

2. For shipping to us, please fill out the shipping invoice so that:

A. This is a defective return for repair

B. Item value $19.50

C. No commercial value
Apr 20, 2018
155 posts
102 upvotes
teamocil wrote: $100?

For my last RMA they ship you a replacement unit and then you put the defective on in the box they sent and send back on your dime. Shipping was around $40-$50.
I got this amount of shipping from both of the posts I found online, and the first screenshot is from a Canadian Amazon customer who also bought a DS920+, the same unit.

Regardless how much you paid for the shipping, why do you think customers should pay for the manufacturer's mistakes?
Nov 24, 2017
307 posts
221 upvotes
Mississauga
I have been running the ds1817+ for a little over 3 years now and I have had three RMAs (I know that is pathetic). But I have never been charged to send back the unit. Each time, they sent a new unit. I swapped my 16 GB Ram out, put the old 2 Gb Ram back in, and sent the old one in the same box with a UPS shipping label that they sent. They did put a pre-auth on my credit card, but it was gone once they received the unit.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2201 posts
1490 upvotes
Is the RMA policy from Synology instead of the retailer? If so, what would the seller have anything to do with the quality of the deal itself?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Apr 20, 2018
155 posts
102 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: Is the RMA policy from Synology instead of the retailer? If so, what would the seller have anything to do with the quality of the deal itself?
I'm firing towards Synology, not the seller. Updated my original post to make it clear. Thanks for the reminder.
Apr 20, 2018
155 posts
102 upvotes
AnshumanB876667 wrote: I have been running the ds1817+ for a little over 3 years now and I have had three RMAs (I know that is pathetic). But I have never been charged to send back the unit. Each time, they sent a new unit. I swapped my 16 GB Ram out, put the old 2 Gb Ram back in, and sent the old one in the same box with a UPS shipping label that they sent. They did put a pre-auth on my credit card, but it was gone once they received the unit.
Wow, three RMAs within 3 years... Maybe because you just need to swap the ram, people in the posts needed to send the whole unit back.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)