Hot Deals

B&H Photo Video

TP-Link Deco M9 Plus AC2200, Mesh Wi-Fi System Tri-band (3-Pack, Refurbished) $129.95 USD + FS

Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1653 posts
879 upvotes
Ramzkh wrote: Can I hardwire my Nvidia shield pro via ethernet through one of these so I can stream to my TV?
Yes you only need 1 to connect to the router, the rest is free to use unless you're doing a wired backhaul too. Even then you still have a free slot
Newbie
Nov 27, 2009
49 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
66xx66 wrote: Yes I have the m9 and it's included in the settings
Good to hear. Did you buy refurbished though? As @Masernaut said in the Q&A they claim Homecare is not included with these units (despite reviews suggesting otherwise)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
2513 posts
2402 upvotes
Toronto
Colin0317 wrote: I’m with Bell. I usually have around 12 devices connected, however, only 1-2 devices stream at the same time at the most.
rent a pair of pods for $10 and see if they solve your problem. you can cancel/return them later. if you have HH4000 you might even be able to ask/get the gen3 pods with WiFi6 (no guarantees tho)
It's a good testing to see if mesh improves your life that much.
Newbie
May 19, 2020
42 posts
7 upvotes
Ordered last night, got shipped this morning and arriving on Tuesday!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 25, 2009
8963 posts
2222 upvotes
Buyer99 wrote: Ordered last night, got shipped this morning and arriving on Tuesday!
Same, ordered late last night and just got the shipping email with an estimated delivery date of Tuesday.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Member
Jan 22, 2009
472 posts
56 upvotes
Anyone confirm whether refurbs come with homecare trend micro or not? Conflicting answers.
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2003
545 posts
141 upvotes
tokinup wrote: Anyone confirm whether refurbs come with homecare trend micro or not? Conflicting answers.
From a previous thread. Apparently it does?
But this conflicts with the Q&A.
Images
  • upload.png
Newbie
May 19, 2020
42 posts
7 upvotes
tokinup wrote: Anyone confirm whether refurbs come with homecare trend micro or not? Conflicting answers.
It’s at firmware level so why shouldn’t it be there. Refurb is for the hardware. Even if QnA says otherwise, how can they restrict it, is what my line of thinking, if firmware updates are still allowed.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1661 posts
1704 upvotes
Intenze wrote: From a previous thread. Apparently it does?
But this conflicts with the Q&A.
Yeah, it's confusing since it's the B&H staff answering that Homecare is not included with the refurb units. Best to email TP-Link for a concrete answer.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2011
681 posts
162 upvotes
EDMONTON
Can you add a Deco M5 to this set if you already have a puck set in that model?
Member
Aug 5, 2008
287 posts
159 upvotes
Sorry, not really related but no idea how else I could ask - anybody know what happened to B&H's cell phone selection? They used to sell a few different brands (Samsung, Motorola, Pixel, etc.) but now only seem to sell Sony phones?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 20, 2004
4194 posts
1158 upvotes
Mississauga
j4y-T wrote: Sorry, not really related but no idea how else I could ask - anybody know what happened to B&H's cell phone selection? They used to sell a few different brands (Samsung, Motorola, Pixel, etc.) but now only seem to sell Sony phones?
It's been like that for months. I think it's to simplify their inventory and focus on the professional creator type phones.
Are there any other stores in US as alternative that can include duty and ship here like B&H?
Member
Jun 9, 2002
215 posts
136 upvotes
I just set up three DECO M5 V3 yesterday... The speed and performance is very nice after tweaking it.

Some things:

-You will need the beta firmware from March if you want to specify which Deco connects to whichever other Deco (otherwise they all have a tendency to connect to the main base)
-2.4Ghz and 5Ghz share the same SSID name - no way around that
-You will get low speeds if it is not tweaked properly - set your max speed in the QoS settings to 1000mbps (even if you don't use QOS)

So far so good. I am liking it.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1258 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
mockingbird wrote: I just set up three DECO M5 V3 yesterday... The speed and performance is very nice after tweaking it.

Some things:

-You will need the beta firmware from March if you want to specify which Deco connects to whichever other Deco (otherwise they all have a tendency to connect to the main base)
-2.4Ghz and 5Ghz share the same SSID name - no way around that
-You will get low speeds if it is not tweaked properly - set your max speed in the QoS settings to 1000mbps (even if you don't use QOS)

So far so good. I am liking it.

Beta Firmware, where from?
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Member
Jun 9, 2002
215 posts
136 upvotes
325i wrote: Beta Firmware, where from?
Here you go sir.

I just want to articulate that the Beta firmware was the deciding factor that saved the Deco in that it allowed the choosing of connected bases... Without this, the Deco would have been useless, because my unit upstairs kept connecting to the basement and I was getting less than 10mbps per second and frequent disconnects, untill I flashed them all to the beta firmware and gained the option to tell the upstairs unit to connect to the living room unit and not the basement base unit.

You need to use a PC to flash the beta firmware, specifically, one that is physically connected to the main base's LAN ports. It will flash all three of them at once.

If your Deco version lacks a beta firmware that allows for this capability, then I suggest you stay away from that particular one.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2003
4855 posts
1088 upvotes
SK
OilersDude wrote: Can you add a Deco M5 to this set if you already have a puck set in that model?
Make the M9 Plus your main (or the best Deco unit you have) and you can add any Deco as part of the mesh.

M9 Plus product page
Images
  • A68C92B2-1646-4B0B-9DB5-38169C102D64.jpeg
Jr. Member
Apr 22, 2017
196 posts
25 upvotes
Are M9 improvements a big enough difference worth an upgrade from M5?
Sr. Member
Aug 12, 2011
571 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
mockingbird wrote: Here you go sir.

I just want to articulate that the Beta firmware was the deciding factor that saved the Deco in that it allowed the choosing of connected bases... Without this, the Deco would have been useless, because my unit upstairs kept connecting to the basement and I was getting less than 10mbps per second and frequent disconnects, untill I flashed them all to the beta firmware and gained the option to tell the upstairs unit to connect to the living room unit and not the basement base unit.

You need to use a PC to flash the beta firmware, specifically, one that is physically connected to the main base's LAN ports. It will flash all three of them at once.

If your Deco version lacks a beta firmware that allows for this capability, then I suggest you stay away from that particular one.
Only M5 has it. One in this thread is M9 plus doesn't have it yet. Forums say people been waiting for 8months+ and was never rolled out to non m5 decos yet
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2657 posts
1770 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Hello OP. I have a Bell Hub 4000. Am looking for a range extender. Will this work? Thank you in advance.

n40ca4s wrote: TP-Link Deco M9 Plus AC2200, Mesh Wi-Fi System Tri-band (3-Pack, Refurbished) $129.95 USD + FS


tp link m9 jpg.jpg


Image

Image





https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... c2200.html
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1653 posts
879 upvotes
msmsms wrote:
Good to hear. Did you buy refurbished though? As @Masernaut said in the Q&A they claim Homecare is not included with these units (despite reviews suggesting otherwise)
Yes refurb
Images
  • Screenshot_20220513-175806.png

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Acer