Hot Deals

B&H Photo Video

TP-Link Deco M9 Plus AC2200, Mesh Wi-Fi System Tri-band (3-Pack, Refurbished) $129.95 USD + FS

Dec 17, 2013
346 posts
595 upvotes
British Columbia
As a household with 3 floors, 5 people and often are streaming hd content on at least 3 devices at the same time. Woikd this work for me?
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1661 posts
1704 upvotes
toshis wrote: As a household with 3 floors, 5 people and often are streaming hd content on at least 3 devices at the same time. Woikd this work for me?
Yes.
Aug 4, 2005
182 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Hi
Which beta software you ate referring any link? I installed 1.5.6 on m9plus but getting around 200 mbps. I am on bell fibe 1gb. Any suggestions.
Thanks
Sep 15, 2004
347 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
I have 3 Google onhubs and with Google dropping support end of year is this a worthwhile replacement?

Is there any risk of TP-Link dropping future support on these like Google did?
Jan 8, 2020
18 posts
29 upvotes
Can I use this just as extenders? I am happy with my main router and want to just extend wifi coverage
Nov 10, 2019
127 posts
190 upvotes
Bought this for myself as well as a cousin, works flawlessly.
Warranty though could be a miss since TP-Link website states warranty only for products sold thoughbofficial channels in Canada. (I received a bad power adapter and trying to figure what to do with it)
Also, check what version you get. V2.8 cannot auto update aince the last firmware release was in 2019 and it hasnt been updated. But the alternate is to use V2.0 firmware since they are compatible.
See this official post on community- https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/s ... ail/500258
Carpe Diem!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4561 posts
1641 upvotes
LondonAwaits wrote: I have 3 Google onhubs and with Google dropping support end of year is this a worthwhile replacement?

Is there any risk of TP-Link dropping future support on these like Google did?
I was in the exact situation as you with 3 onhubs. Bought the M9 bundle back on boxing day and transition is fairly seamless. I'd say for less than $200CDN shipped it's a good alternative. The dedicated wireless backhaul band alone makes it superior to the google wifi setup. The only thing the Google wifi is superior on is it's app, it just gives more useful information imo.

I would say there's still a risk TPlink can drop support since this is still pretty much " cloud" based I guess. But Google is more known for giving up on projects.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2783 posts
1245 upvotes
QC, Canada
Cannot check out because of the Shabbat ?

Thank you for your patience while we break for Shabbat. Although online ordering is unavailable, you may still add items to your cart or wish list. Checkout will resume at 9:30 PM EDT Saturday evening.

Want an alert when checkout reopens?
Enter your email here
enter e-mail
We guarantee your data's privacy 100%.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3902 posts
3815 upvotes
Muskoka
StealthFinder wrote: Hello OP. I have a Bell Hub 4000. Am looking for a range extender. Will this work? Thank you in advance.
srkdummy3 wrote: Can I use this just as extenders? I am happy with my main router and want to just extend wifi coverage
You can still use your existing router, but it would be best to turn off the WiFi radio on the router and replace the WiFi with these. You can set them up to only do the WiFI (AP mode) and let your router handle the rest. That's what I have done.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2984 posts
1107 upvotes
spots01 wrote: You can still use your existing router, but it would be best to turn off the WiFi radio on the router and replace the WiFi with these. You can set them up to only do the WiFI (AP mode) and let your router handle the rest. That's what I have done.
I'm in the same position and not that savvy with tech. Have a few dead spots in the house. Is it simply just plugging in one of the pods to my existing Rogers modem/router combo (Rogers x Hitron CODA 4582) and following the Deco App instructions, then plugging in the other pods where required?

There's no need to go into the admin options and change anything else, correct? Much appreciated if someone could let me know.
Nov 12, 2008
162 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal
Has anyone got dinged by duties from BH?

I wonder if I should take the all inclusive prepaid tax package.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4855 posts
1088 upvotes
SK
yyz2hkg wrote:
I'm in the same position and not that savvy with tech. Have a few dead spots in the house. Is it simply just plugging in one of the pods to my existing Rogers modem/router combo (Rogers x Hitron CODA 4582) and following the Deco App instructions, then plugging in the other pods where required?

There's no need to go into the admin options and change anything else, correct? Much appreciated if someone could let me know.
It’s pretty straight forward to setup. You should watch a few videos first but you just download the Deco app and follow along.
Kipoots wrote: Has anyone got dinged by duties from BH?

Thanks OP
It’s best to use the prepaid option. They charge the exact tax and only $1-for brokerage. Mine came via UPS so I was happy to spend $1-instead of $50-ish.
Mar 9, 2019
11 posts
7 upvotes
Kitchener
yyz2hkg wrote: I'm in the same position and not that savvy with tech. Have a few dead spots in the house. Is it simply just plugging in one of the pods to my existing Rogers modem/router combo (Rogers x Hitron CODA 4582) and following the Deco App instructions, then plugging in the other pods where required?

My setup is the same minus that I’ve set the Hitron to just its dumb bridge mode and I just use my own router. Setting these up is about as easy as you state, you only use the app for the setup. They can be a little finicky when setting up and discovery but as long as you have patience and retry once or twice, you’ll get there. Firmware updates are handled entirely through the app as well. I recommend wiring the first one up, doing the firmware update and making sure its working then wiring up the other two and doing the same.
Kipoots wrote: Has anyone got dinged by duties from BH?

Thanks OP
I took the all inclusive, its not much and it avoids the risk as I’ve been nailed before for not doing so. Sometimes its just better to deal with the cost you know instead of rolling the dice.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1167 posts
805 upvotes
Canada
Great deal for anyone getting into mesh network, that 3rd band is a godsend that many dont appreciate, especially with all these connected devices, and lack of wired backhaul for most people, that 3rd band is what keeps your network traffic flowing without cutting your bandwidth significantly vs dual-band wifi setups.
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? SEE my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST

Telus: $45/25GB Unlimited Data [Multi Line + $5/24Mnth Disc.]
Freedom: Everywhere $50 18GB+1GB [F&F + Digital Disc.]
Fonus: Unltd CA/US/MEX Data FREE/Month
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1167 posts
805 upvotes
Canada
yyz2hkg wrote: I'm in the same position and not that savvy with tech. Have a few dead spots in the house. Is it simply just plugging in one of the pods to my existing Rogers modem/router combo (Rogers x Hitron CODA 4582) and following the Deco App instructions, then plugging in the other pods where required?

Should be a pretty straight setup,

select the first router as AP / router mode, then there should be a option to add node / satellite unit.

I have the Asus ZenWiFi and its similar setup wise to pretty much any mesh network in the market.

Once you are all set, go ahead and go into your rogers routers admin page [192.168.x.x] (x = number i think its 0.1]. and disable wifi, and put the modem into bridge mode as that is all you need it doing.
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? SEE my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST

Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1167 posts
805 upvotes
Canada
I cannot speak for TP-Link but for my Asus ZenWiFi I have it set to auto-restart every Sunday at 6am, I find it if I do the auto-restart, things work flawlessly everyday/week/month and now that were just over a year since that was implemented, for the first 6 months or so I didn't have it setup to auto-restart and I noticed 2-3 times in those 6 months where restarting would fix my internet connection issue.

Dec 17, 2013
346 posts
595 upvotes
British Columbia
Can I plug in a switch to add more ethernet ports? I like to have my computer and Xbox hardwired as well as need things like my hue hub hardwired
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4855 posts
1088 upvotes
SK
toshis wrote: Can I plug in a switch to add more ethernet ports? I like to have my computer and Xbox hardwired as well as need things like my hue hub hardwired
Yes.
This has 2-ports on the back of each pod. One is Ethernet in and one is Ethernet out. Plug the switch in the out port.

My main pod’s Ethernet in is plugged in the ISP gateway and the out Ethernet in to a switch the feeds the wired devices including the other two pods.
Jan 13, 2018
213 posts
437 upvotes
Got this from the same vendor 1+ year ago - works flawlessly (update firmware right away). Added the 3 M9's to a set of 9+ M5's. Due to too many devices connected, the M5's were choking (due to lack of dedicated backhaul). The M9 difference has been quite positively dramatic, even though only wireless backhaul is being used. The good thing is that the M9's and M5's coexist and the mesh can be optimized through the mobile app. It's important to make the mother node an M9.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Acer