Expired Hot Deals

B&H Photo Video

TP-Link Deco M9 Plus AC2200, Mesh Wi-Fi System Tri-band (3-Pack, Refurbished) $129.95 USD + FS

Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4878 posts
1117 upvotes
SK
Ramzkh wrote: Only feature is merlin and Scripts that about it.
I was using my Samsung SmartThings v2 in bridge mode while using my Ac66u w/Merlin for management. I gave up on that setup with the Deco.

The Deco can be placed in bridge mode as well and the AC86u can be your “gateway” for DHCP, scripts, Custom DNS, etc. just turn the Wifi radios off. You will lose some the Deco features and you may not care for them anyways. I forget what you lose.
Dec 10, 2017
85 posts
38 upvotes
shopper-X wrote: I was using my Samsung SmartThings v2 in bridge mode while using my Ac66u w/Merlin for management. I gave up on that setup with the Deco.

The Deco can be placed in bridge mode as well and the AC86u can be your “gateway” for DHCP, scripts, Custom DNS, etc. just turn the Wifi radios off. You will lose some the Deco features and you may not care for them anyways. I forget what you lose.
But I need 2.4ghz for some devices how can I keep that? because its failing on the Asus and losing connection.
Mar 19, 2002
394 posts
239 upvotes
n7n1c1
Ramzkh wrote: But I need 2.4ghz for some devices how can I keep that? because its failing on the Asus and losing connection.
The Deco pushes BOTH 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz over a single SSID. Your 2.4Ghz only device will still see the Deco SSID. For device that have capability to connect to either, the Deco manage the best channel the device should connect to.
Heatware Reference Tyger
Dec 10, 2017
85 posts
38 upvotes
Tyger wrote: The Deco pushes BOTH 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz over a single SSID. Your 2.4Ghz only device will still see the Deco SSID. For device that have capability to connect to either, the Deco manage the best channel the device should connect to.
Can I separate 5ghz and 2.5 on different SSID?
May 10, 2010
105 posts
79 upvotes
Brampton
Yes, Deco allows you to name them separately.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3465 posts
1485 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ramzkh wrote: Can I separate 5ghz and 2.5 on different SSID?
If you back read, you can separate only the 2.5 by using the guest wifi,

Those who bought, what is the total in CAD? Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2793 posts
1255 upvotes
QC, Canada
boldventure wrote: If you back read, you can separate only the 2.5 by using the guest wifi,

Those who bought, what is the total in CAD? Thanks
A bit under 200$CAD
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4878 posts
1117 upvotes
SK
Ramzkh wrote: But I need 2.4ghz for some devices how can I keep that? because its failing on the Asus and losing connection.
As most people have pointed out the M9 Plus has 3-Wifi channels. 2.4GHz & 5GHz channels for wifi devices and a dedicated 3rd 5GHz wireless backhaul channel. The same SSID will transmit both the 2.4 & 5GHz Wifi channels but you can toggle which channels you want on or off. If you want two SSIDs then you turn one of the channels on the main SSID and turn on the guest network for the other channel.
I don’t use the guest network and just keep both channels on the main SSID and all my devices are happy.
Another thing to note is with the new firmware you can lock wifi devices to a single node if your static devices (example light switches) keep moving between nodes.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1401 posts
191 upvotes
Markham
Thanks picked one up in hopes to set up at my parents. They have been complaining about signal and dropped connections with their current setup of two AC68U running merlin in mesh mode with no wired backhaul.
Jan 22, 2009
491 posts
62 upvotes
How long can we expect software update support? And after updates stop aren't routers unsafe to use? Just wondering because this model has been out for a while. Thank u
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
10322 posts
575 upvotes
Toronto
tokinup wrote: How long can we expect software update support? And after updates stop aren't routers unsafe to use? Just wondering because this model has been out for a while. Thank u
bitten by the google onhub experience? lol
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2595 posts
1293 upvotes
Toronto
I'm currently renting 1 of these with my ISP, should I just buy this or is there a better deal as far as prices go for any other router? I don't necessarily need mesh albeit I'll certainly benefit from it it by having a strong signal everywhere
Last edited by dealo'day on May 17th, 2022 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
3778 posts
3421 upvotes
Can this realistically hit 1Gbps down over wifi with a wireless backhaul?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3921 posts
3868 upvotes
Muskoka
AsianXL wrote: Can this realistically hit 1Gbps down over wifi with a wireless backhaul?
From the product page .....

Key Features
Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
3 x Deco Units
5 GHz, 5 GHz, and 2.4 GHz Bands
Up to 1.5 Gb/s

So to answer your question ... maybe
Public Mobile
Dec 21, 2004
972 posts
220 upvotes
Can I use these with a Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro? I think it's going to be a while before the long-range wifi 6 access points are back in stock. I'm going to need something to replace my Telus boosters. I don't think the old boosters will work w/o the Telus trashcan. Also planning on using MoCA for backhaul instead.
Mar 23, 2021
7 posts
3 upvotes
Weird question for technical folks, can I bring this to europe and use it there?
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2008
155 posts
92 upvotes
I have the M5 which work really well. Is it worth the upgrade? Or will speeds be the same in the real world?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2988 posts
1111 upvotes
AshuJV wrote: My setup is the same minus that I’ve set the Hitron to just its dumb bridge mode and I just use my own router. Setting these up is about as easy as you state, you only use the app for the setup. They can be a little finicky when setting up and discovery but as long as you have patience and retry once or twice, you’ll get there. Firmware updates are handled entirely through the app as well. I recommend wiring the first one up, doing the firmware update and making sure its working then wiring up the other two and doing the same.
I took the all inclusive, its not much and it avoids the risk as I’ve been nailed before for not doing so. Sometimes its just better to deal with the cost you know instead of rolling the dice.
Samshares wrote: Should be a pretty straight setup,

select the first router as AP / router mode, then there should be a option to add node / satellite unit.

I have the Asus ZenWiFi and its similar setup wise to pretty much any mesh network in the market.

Once you are all set, go ahead and go into your rogers routers admin page [192.168.x.x] (x = number i think its 0.1]. and disable wifi, and put the modem into bridge mode as that is all you need it doing.
Ok, just received the Mesh today. I plugged in 2 Deco's, one with my Rogers CODA box and gave it a name. I put the other one in a dead spot on the second floor and all is good.

Now, as I mentioned before, I'm not too tech savvy when it comes to things like this and I have a question. I now have 2 wifi networks, my original Wifi Network and the new Mesh network, in which I thought that once I named the DECO it would be the default Network. But, I still have my original network that works as well on top of the Mesh network.

Does everyone follow me? Sorry for the dumb question, but does that mean I have 2 networks that I can choose from to use?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3465 posts
1485 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yyz2hkg wrote: Ok, just received the Mesh today. I plugged in 2 Deco's, one with my Rogers CODA box and gave it a name. I put the other one in a dead spot on the second floor and all is good.

Now, as I mentioned before, I'm not too tech savvy when it comes to things like this and I have a question. I now have 2 wifi networks, my original Wifi Network and the new Mesh network, in which I thought that once I named the DECO it would be the default Network. But, I still have my original network that works as well on top of the Mesh network.

Does everyone follow me? Sorry for the dumb question, but does that mean I have 2 networks that I can choose from to use?
You have 2 SSIDs, You can put the Rogers in bridge mode or turn off the wifi