Expired Hot Deals

B&H Photo Video

TP-Link Deco M9 Plus AC2200 Smart Home Mesh Wi-Fi System (3-Pack, Refurbished) - USD$134.95

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2021 9:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2031 posts
806 upvotes

[B&H Photo Video] TP-Link Deco M9 Plus AC2200 Smart Home Mesh Wi-Fi System (3-Pack, Refurbished) - USD$134.95

Deal Link:
Retailer:
B&H Photo Video
More offers from B&H Photo Video
TP-Link Deco M9 Plus AC2200 Smart Home Mesh Wi-Fi System (3-Pack, Refurbished)

Highly rated wifi Mesh with 3 Nodes.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1504541-REG/tp_link_deco_m9_plus_3_pack_r_deco_m9_plus_ac2200.html

I just ordered and haven't received it yet. B&H will clear custom, duty and tax for $18.54 USD for Ontario, to a grand total of $153.49 USD taxed in.

Amazon is selling new of the 2 nodes version for $199.99, for people who likes warranty, or new and shiny things.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07D3X5PF3/ref=twister_B097G4X95X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best mesh routers!
85 replies
Jul 18, 2019
599 posts
1284 upvotes
North York ON
Anyone have these and can report their performance after a few years? Especially if they bought refurb?

I have had the M5 for a year and it's starting to give me issues. Read the same from other M5 owners after around the same time.

E - for reference, Airport Extremes were $200 each and worked well for around six years.
May 10, 2010
98 posts
47 upvotes
Brampton
M9 is way better than M5. Tri-band vs dual band makes quite the difference in performance. I have both and fully switched over to M9 for about two years now. I would jump on this if i did not already have a set.
Dec 2, 2007
149 posts
286 upvotes
If you’re able to have a wired backhaul, the M5 is great otherwise go M9. I have the M5 and am pleased with how well it handled two kids in virtual school/YouTube and two full time jobs worth of Teams meeting over the past year.
Aug 17, 2019
25 posts
8 upvotes
I tried searching online and can't find whether you can make multiple ssids? For example I currently have an ssid for my regular devices and a separate ssid for 2.4ghz for my smart devices/automation.
Anyone that has these can confirm?
Jul 25, 2016
77 posts
64 upvotes
FWIW i have these now and am not even using them, having a very hard time getting them to play nice with the Bell HH3000....I want to run them in router mode so i can use the advanced features like parental controls but can't get them to work right because you can't put the HH3000 in bridge mode. They work marginally better but still get horrible speeds when they are in AP mode. May be just me, bit for now the HH3000 alone works better than these do...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2560 posts
1719 upvotes
Montreal
CityExpat wrote: FWIW i have these now and am not even using them, having a very hard time getting them to play nice with the Bell HH3000....I want to run them in router mode so i can use the advanced features like parental controls but can't get them to work right because you can't put the HH3000 in bridge mode. They work marginally better but still get horrible speeds when they are in AP mode. May be just me, bit for now the HH3000 alone works better than these do...
sounds like a configuration issue to me.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22296 posts
3581 upvotes
Toronto
LLukezz wrote: I tried searching online and can't find whether you can make multiple ssids? For example I currently have an ssid for my regular devices and a separate ssid for 2.4ghz for my smart devices/automation.
Anyone that has these can confirm?
you can make 2 SSIDs - a "main" & you can use the guest network as the 2nd SSID.

You can specify the bandwidth for each SSID......I use my main for 5ghz only (and name it accordingly) & use the the guest SSID for 2.4Ghz only. I connect all my unimportant wifi devices to the 2.4Ghz (i.e. smart switches, Google Nest doorbell, tablet for CP24)..................and throw all my "important" devices onto the main 5Ghz SSID....

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22296 posts
3581 upvotes
Toronto
CityExpat wrote: FWIW i have these now and am not even using them, having a very hard time getting them to play nice with the Bell HH3000....I want to run them in router mode so i can use the advanced features like parental controls but can't get them to work right because you can't put the HH3000 in bridge mode. They work marginally better but still get horrible speeds when they are in AP mode. May be just me, bit for now the HH3000 alone works better than these do...
xblackdemonx wrote: sounds like a configuration issue to me.
I'm on Bell using the Deco M9 Plus - like you said, you can't put the Bell HH3000 in "bridge" mode only but you can turn off Wifi on the HH3000.

So I turn off wifi on the HH3000 and connect the main Deco M9 Plus via ethernet to the HH3000. I have 2 other Deco M9 plus pods connected via wireless throughout the house.

Works amazingly well & set up was a breeze. If you have straight forward networking / wifi needs, then the Tplink Deco mesh system is a good option.........

I have a house ~2800 sq.ft with high 9foot ceilings in the basement, main & 2nd floor and have 3x Deco M9 plus pods..........provides strong wifi coverage throughout and very consistent speeds (wired & wireless)....

this is a good price, I wish I had this option when I bought my Deco system. I ended up buying a 2pack & a single...............

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15544 posts
3433 upvotes
Stuck in a Box

Just use PPPOe login from the unit, it will go through without issues.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2624 posts
3428 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I bought the refurbished m9 plus (3-pack) last year from b&h for the same sale price and it's been great, no issues, no dead spots, highly recommended.
Aug 27, 2009
279 posts
154 upvotes
remik wrote: I bought the refurbished m9 plus (3-pack) last year from b&h for the same sale price and it's been great, no issues, no dead spots, highly recommended.
Did it come with the TP-Link Homecare? I really want to get them but some online reviews said the Homecare cannot be activated on the refurbished products.
Jan 15, 2013
396 posts
276 upvotes
I have the deco M5 with wired back haul but still have some dead spots. Can this be used in conjunction with the M5?
Apr 13, 2015
76 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
If someone in Ottawa only needs two, I’d take the third for 1/3 of the price. I have 2 Deco X20 already.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1417 posts
348 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone in York region want to share? I have 3 M4 won't mind to add a M9 as main.
Sep 27, 2009
66 posts
14 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Focus wrote: Anyone in York region want to share? I have 3 M4 won't mind to add a M9 as main.
Hi focus

You have PM.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5540 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: Just use PPPOe login from the unit, it will go through without issues.
Can you expand on this? Thanks.