Expired Hot Deals

NEXUS 5X 16G - $245 USD

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2016 9:15 am
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 9, 2012
81 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto

NEXUS 5X 16G - $245 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
320
Savings:
30%
Expiry:
June 30, 2016
Nexus 5X 16GB (white and mint only, no black) at USD $244.99 or CAD $318.88 so I consider it a great deal. If 16GB not enough the Nexus 5X 32GB (black and white only, no mint) is going for US $300 or CAD $390. Back of phone color isn't important anyway if you put a case on it, which you should. Free shipping to Canada as well! Pay attention if there might be any duties, and of course there will be taxes! Deal ends tomorrow June 30th!
Images
18 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 12, 2011
2838 posts
1186 upvotes
Markham
The added features are nice, but I've heard from owners that it is slower than the Nexus 5
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2008
1501 posts
1409 upvotes
Ontario
AlexJosh wrote: The added features are nice, but I've heard from owners that it is slower than the Nexus 5
I have owned both - Nexus 5 over a year and 5X since launch.... this is not true at all from my experience
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
1596 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa
Also had both 5 and 5X. The 5X is a big disappointment, I'm already looking to pawn it off when the next Nexus is released. When my 5 died (dropped) I was super bummed and had that device 18 months which is almost a record for me.
Member
Dec 18, 2013
337 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver
Also no wireless charging on 5x I think?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1504 posts
695 upvotes
Will it go cheaper when google announce it's next Nexus this year?
Member
Apr 24, 2011
421 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
enko wrote: Also had both 5 and 5X. The 5X is a big disappointment, I'm already looking to pawn it off when the next Nexus is released. When my 5 died (dropped) I was super bummed and had that device 18 months which is almost a record for me.
I was really excited to purchase the 5X to upgrade from my 5. Glad I held off for a few weeks to sift through all the reviews similar to yours. It's a love/hate relationship with my 5 but I'd hate to spend ~$400 for something I'm not happy with.

Currently waiting for the new 5X this year but leaks show it may be another disappointment (at least for the price point). I hope they're wrong, otherwise it's time for OP3 or deal with the size of the new 6P this year.
Newbie
Sep 25, 2011
40 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Stay away from 16 GB model. Its too low without expendable memory. Also, 32 GB version is going around USD 240. Check SD.
Newbie
Jan 16, 2013
23 posts
7 upvotes
Windsor
Here's an even better deal, a Nexus 5x 32GB for $240 USD. With shipping ($14), duties ($38) paid up front and conversion (@1.33), people would be looking at about $390CDN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191905311354?rmvSB=true

Really tempted in buying this. Was using a OnePlus One 64GB phone but got tired of its size and 5.5" screen (especially when going out for a run). Currently using an old 32GB Nexus 5 but I'm having issues with it after dropping it and it reboots when it's knocked or tapped a certain way. Plus chancing having to get warranty through the US has me wary.

For people hoping that Google will do a deep discount on their 5x stock on the Play Store from the current price of $499 for the 32GB version, don't hold your breath. They didn't when phasing out the Nexus 5 so I don't expect the same to happen here.
Newbie
Sep 25, 2012
33 posts
1 upvote
Gandhiboy wrote: Stay away from 16 GB model. Its too low without expendable memory. Also, 32 GB version is going around USD 240. Check SD.
I still have my 16GB S3, and yet to filled it up. With cloud storage, internal storage isn't much of a problem.
Jr. Member
Mar 18, 2013
134 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
enko wrote: Also had both 5 and 5X. The 5X is a big disappointment, I'm already looking to pawn it off when the next Nexus is released. When my 5 died (dropped) I was super bummed and had that device 18 months which is almost a record for me.
what's disappointing about it?
Member
Jan 10, 2008
222 posts
238 upvotes
quebec
I just received a used Nexus5X 32GB from B&H and I'M really happy. The phone came with original box, manual, charger, etc. The rate was 9 and the phone look brand new. Only little scratches in the corners. For the price, 235,49 US$ (including taxes, shipping) this is a really good deal. Big upgrade for me from the Moto E. I'm prepaid with koodo.
Newbie
User avatar
Feb 1, 2002
53 posts
5 upvotes
tonychau23 wrote: Here's an even better deal, a Nexus 5x 32GB for $240 USD. With shipping ($14), duties ($38) paid up front and conversion (@1.33), people would be looking at about $390CDN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191905311354?rmvSB=true

Really tempted in buying this. Was using a OnePlus One 64GB phone but got tired of its size and 5.5" screen (especially when going out for a run). Currently using an old 32GB Nexus 5 but I'm having issues with it after dropping it and it reboots when it's knocked or tapped a certain way. Plus chancing having to get warranty through the US has me wary.

For people hoping that Google will do a deep discount on their 5x stock on the Play Store from the current price of $499 for the 32GB version, don't hold your breath. They didn't when phasing out the Nexus 5 so I don't expect the same to happen here.
Price was increased to USD 280 a few days ago.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 29, 2005
1386 posts
235 upvotes
London, ON
2 years with N5 and 7 months with N5X so far. N5X is a big improvement over N5. Better camera, finger print reader, etc.
But the 2GB ram in N5X is a really big problem for me. The phone is super fast out of the box, but after all my daily apps are installed, the lag is pretty obvious. And the 0.5s delay (on both camera app startup and shutter) on camera is un-bearable. Comparing to my wife's Samsung S7, it's day and night. This is especially important is you want to catch those previous moment with kids...
Just bought the S7 from Koodo ($500) last week, and can't be happier.
Sr. Member
Jun 30, 2013
895 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
zickvon wrote: 2 years with N5 and 7 months with N5X so far. N5X is a big improvement over N5. Better camera, finger print reader, etc.
But the 2GB ram in N5X is a really big problem for me. The phone is super fast out of the box, but after all my daily apps are installed, the lag is pretty obvious. And the 0.5s delay (on both camera app startup and shutter) on camera is un-bearable. Comparing to my wife's Samsung S7, it's day and night. This is especially important is you want to catch those previous moment with kids...
Just bought the S7 from Koodo ($500) last week, and can't be happier.

How'd you get it for $500? Traded in?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 29, 2005
1386 posts
235 upvotes
London, ON
Yes, trade in. $200 phone - $200(trade-in) + $21x24mth
It was discussed in the Koodo thread. But deal is over today since they changed the price to $400.
Member
Jun 26, 2012
327 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
I have had the N5X since day one. What a disappointment! It is extremely slow. Because I got a day one phone I thought maybe I got a bad one and got it exchanged. Same thing happened. I exchanged it again in March but no improvements. Google having a great return policy I exchanged it for a third time and sold it right away at cost. I am now back with a One Plus which is...way better...
Newbie
Oct 26, 2010
54 posts
12 upvotes
YTR
I'd just like to offer a dissenting opinion on all the negative reviews here. I've had a 16Gb Nexus 5X for a bit more than a month, and I'm very happy. I used to have a 64gb iPhone 5 for more than three years before that.

I'm not going to pretend the phone is perfect, but I do prefer it to my iPhone for a variety of reasons - if you want more info on the pros and cons (mostly on Android vs iOS though), see my very lengthy Reddit post here :

https://m.reddit.com/r/nexus5x/comments ... _iphone_5/

But if you're debating the 5X vs another Android phone - you have to assess if stock Android is important to you. It very much is to me (I get up at night to hate Android skins), as is speed of updates.

With regards to lag : I haven't experienced any of that at all. Mind you, I don't Facebook or Snapchat or any of that - I use my phone as a communications node and portable web browser, mostly. It's been awesome at that.

The camera is absolutely awesome (I frequently prefer its output to my Sony RX100's), but yes, focus can sometimes be a tad slow when trying to take a picture of our 17-month-old. :) . I think an aftermarket camera app might very well solve that but I haven't yet played with those.

Top