Expired Hot Deals

Bianca Amore's

Various Surplus Board Games, including 7 Wonders (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 7:08 pm
[OP]
Mar 9, 2009
344 posts
621 upvotes
Winnipeg

Various Surplus Board Games, including 7 Wonders (YMMV)

Retailer:
Bianca Amore's
Much like the Princess Auto deal a few weeks ago, Bianca Amore's seems to have some high quality board games available. Clearly, 7 wonders is the highlight. Airship City gets a very good rating on bgg as well. The rest are not as highly rated. Found in Winnipeg.
PXL_20210820_161818596.jpg
PXL_20210820_161823554.jpg
PXL_20210820_161828106.jpg
7 replies
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3542 posts
2049 upvotes
Airdrie
Consensus in the Calgary area is that some of these (7 Wonders in particular, Pandemic Legacy and I believe Ticket to Ride as well) are at a minimum substandard printings and probably counterfeit. Other games have been confirmed by the printer to be genuine overstock/liquidations. Just in case the moral implications of buying counterfeit goods is too much for you. Price is unbeatable and quality is absolutely playable.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6357384 ... 524281310/
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1862 posts
2901 upvotes
Toronto
jdewit wrote: Consensus in the Calgary area is that some of these (7 Wonders in particular, Pandemic Legacy and I believe Ticket to Ride as well) are at a minimum substandard printings and probably counterfeit. Other games have been confirmed by the printer to be genuine overstock/liquidations. Just in case the moral implications of buying counterfeit goods is too much for you. Price is unbeatable and quality is absolutely playable.

Thanks for this. Blows my mind why people would create counterfeits for those obscure games. 7 wonders, sure. But "Walls of York"?
[OP]
Mar 9, 2009
344 posts
621 upvotes
Winnipeg
jdewit wrote: Consensus in the Calgary area is that some of these (7 Wonders in particular, Pandemic Legacy and I believe Ticket to Ride as well) are at a minimum substandard printings and probably counterfeit. Other games have been confirmed by the printer to be genuine overstock/liquidations. Just in case the moral implications of buying counterfeit goods is too much for you. Price is unbeatable and quality is absolutely playable.

Wow, what an eye opener. This is surprising to hear. I suppose the big ticket ones are more likely to be counterfeit while others probably overstock. Thanks for the notice.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3542 posts
2049 upvotes
Airdrie
jillaryit wrote: Thanks for this. Blows my mind why people would create counterfeits for those obscure games. 7 wonders, sure. But "Walls of York"?
Winnipegian wrote: Wow, what an eye opener. This is surprising to hear. I suppose the big ticket ones are more likely to be counterfeit while others probably overstock. Thanks for the notice.
A game like 7 Wonders, with a $60 retail tag and minimal components? Yeah, easy to fake for high profit. Walls of York, with its lower price tag and higher production costs, far more likely to be genuine!

Biggest problem with these games is Kijiji resellers. When the well-known games start popping up NIS on your local marketplace/Kijiji you know Bianca's had a fresh shipment.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2534 posts
2486 upvotes
Montréal
I bought the frickin expansion for 7 wonders and it was 60$
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1439 posts
652 upvotes
Victoria
No store in Vic! Too bad, I really want to pick up 7 wonders as I played it a lot with friends ages ago and now want to play with the family, but the regular retail price is brutal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)