Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bianca Amor's Liquidation Supercentre

Tire Traction Board/Mat - $4

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 8:42 pm
Banned
Oct 10, 2020
1037 posts
622 upvotes

Tire Traction Board/Mat - $4

Price:
$4.00
Retailer:
Bianca Amor's Liquidation Supercentre
"Treadahead"

16 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1082 posts
255 upvotes
Found at Dollarama for $4 as well, check the automotive section
Apr 28, 2008
126 posts
152 upvotes
PSA
If you watch the video, you may notice the truck gently firing the plastic board forward as it backs up.
Use these with gentle acceleration. Depending on conditions (think hard surface e.g. Ice) they may fire in the direction of anyone pushing your car out.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1273 posts
1451 upvotes
Surrey
deplume wrote: PSA
If you watch the video, you may notice the truck gently firing the plastic board forward as it backs up.
Use these with gentle acceleration. Depending on conditions (think hard surface e.g. Ice) they may fire in the direction of anyone pushing your car out.
Yup! That's with any device used like that. Had a piece of board launch out towards us as the person we were helping to get unstuck got a little too generous with the gas pedal.
Feb 13, 2008
975 posts
760 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I agree. These things will fire at the people who are pushing your vehicle.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1673 posts
2052 upvotes
GTA
Can I just use a piece of mdf or wood board instead? Have some extra laying around...
Banned
Jul 12, 2005
610 posts
417 upvotes
cocotheparrot wrote: I agree. These things will fire at the people who are pushing your vehicle.
When they're unconscious it saves you from that awkward moment when you have to thank them.
- Tired of seeing this thread?
- Click your profile name in the upper right corner > click Settings > under Accounts & Preferences on the left-hand side, click Hidden Threads > Enable thread hiding: Yes/No - select Yes then Save Changes
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1429 posts
1157 upvotes
Does this actually work? I feel like the tire won’t go onto it like in the video
Banned
Oct 10, 2020
1037 posts
622 upvotes
Luyuan20 wrote: Does this actually work? I feel like the tire won’t go onto it like in the video
It's a marketing video.

The technic is to get a grip and move the vehicle. If you do spin the tires, the vehicle must move or you get yourself more stuck. Here is a good demonstration :

( may need two boards in some situation )
Sep 19, 2015
208 posts
240 upvotes
My grandpa would just use a wall from those Patric milk boxes
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10417 posts
7483 upvotes
ON
QuicKi7 wrote: Can I just use a piece of mdf or wood board instead? Have some extra laying around...
Sure. Just put some screws and nails in them for traction...

Really, don't do it.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
2178 posts
2040 upvotes
By the Large Bay
As soon as someone pulls out any of those under tire traction aids my desire to assist goes out the window and I become a distant spectator.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1508 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto
canadiantj wrote: Found at Dollarama for $4 as well, check the automotive section

Cool - I’m in, thanks!
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Walmart U.S. AT&T Group deal (kinda yay) + *NEW* Koodo 30GB for $25 4G LTE
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1429 posts
1157 upvotes
the2ndme wrote: It's a marketing video.

The technic is to get a grip and move the vehicle. If you do spin the tires, the vehicle must move or you get yourself more stuck. Here is a good demonstration :

( may need two boards in some situation )
This is about what I expected. Basically if snow is deep and you can shove it deeper, it might work. If it’s ice and you can’t get it under the tire well, it probably won’t work. Guess I’ll stick to a simple shovel
Banned
Oct 10, 2020
1037 posts
622 upvotes
Luyuan20 wrote: This is about what I expected. Basically if snow is deep and you can shove it deeper, it might work. If it’s ice and you can’t get it under the tire well, it probably won’t work. Guess I’ll stick to a simple shovel
You can use it like a shovel too. How are you going to shovel "ice"? Coarse sand and ice breaking shovel/scraper will help though.
Mar 31, 2011
465 posts
443 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
I loathe the Chunky's commercial...
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2914 posts
4462 upvotes
West
deplume wrote: PSA
Perfect. Allows you to reverse out too, if needed. It's almost like a 2 for 1.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)