• Dec 19th, 2016 10:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2682 posts
1164 upvotes
North York

Bias lighting for tv - what device?

Seems like led light strip is a cheap way to upgrade video experience but I'm not sure where to start. Sites like gb and Ft have many devices fitting the profile but which one is the right value? Anyone else go the cheapo China DIY route and like what they bought?

I read that D65 to warm is the way to go.

Does it just plug into my tv usb and thusly turn on with the tv?

I have a 46 and 40 inch tv I would like to equip though neither are currently wall mounted.

http://www.********.com/led-strip-_gear/

https://www.fasttech.com/search?Led%20strip

Thanks for your thoughts
4 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20530 posts
5987 upvotes
GTA
You can get a USB led strip, plug it into your TV usb port and itll turn on every time the TV is on. Not that complicated. As for the led tones, a softer colour works but it also depends on wall colour, though some of these LEDs have different colours.

It'll be cheaper if you buy it from China but there are Amazon Prime sellers who sell it for more but can get to you in a few days.

I just searched 'USB led strip' and theres a handful to choose from.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5839 posts
2088 upvotes
Space
What's the point of lighting up the rear of the tv? I've seen a lot of people do it but I've never understood the benefits ( other than it looking cool).
Apr 4, 2012
575 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
Solsearchin1 wrote: What's the point of lighting up the rear of the tv? I've seen a lot of people do it but I've never understood the benefits ( other than it looking cool).
Improves perceived contrast and black levels, reduced blooming, especially in dark room viewing.

Pics of my KS8000 with it on and off, you can see a subtle improvement in the pics, more noticeable in person. I bought a led stip with its own power source, so i can use my harmony remote to turn it off and on independent of the tv.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)