• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 7:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
2320 posts
18718 upvotes

Bid on a Great Outdoor Canadian Adventure with Corona Canada and Travelzoo

How the program works: Canadians can browse and bid on the travel packages available through the auction portal at https://coronarediscovertheoutdoors.ca

INVEST: Corona Canada and Travelzoo are investing in experience packages featuring local vendors, infusing an immediate investment into the domestic tourism industry.
BID: Consumers can bid on a local travel experience of choice in $10 increments. Package prices start at 50% of the retail value, and winning bids cannot exceed the posted value of the package.
BUY: The auction ends when time expires or when someone submits a bid for the posted value of the travel package.
BOOK: During the redemption window for a purchased package, consumers can book their experience using the unique voucher and reservation code received upon placing the winning bid. (Note: redemption window differs for each package).
BON VOYAGE: Consumers enjoy their local getaway in a safe and responsible way.
BOOST: Auction proceeds are reinvested back into the program to create more travel experiences, so we can continue to support Canada’s tourism industry.
8 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17722 posts
1263 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Upvoted because it's interesting, but I also wanted to point out the hilarious phrasing:

"Invest in Corona Canada"

:D
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4178 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised Corona is spending money on marketing, even if it's to put a positive spin on things ("supporting Canada's tourism industry"). If I was them, I would just lay low for a couple of years and just rely on loyal customers rather than trying to grow the brand name.

I'm sure every restaurant server/bartender is tired of all the Corona jokes when they ask customers their drink order...
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2447 posts
1225 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Corona Canada?
XBox Series X available. PM for details.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1051 posts
492 upvotes
Checking out the prices of the Ontario packages.... They desperately need someone to discretely forward this to https://www.resourcemovement.org/ https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/milennia ... -1.5726557
Pardon wrote: How the program works: Canadians can browse and bid on the travel packages available through the auction portal at https://coronarediscovertheoutdoors.ca

INVEST: Corona Canada and Travelzoo are investing in experience packages featuring local vendors, infusing an immediate investment into the domestic tourism industry.
BID: Consumers can bid on a local travel experience of choice in $10 increments. Package prices start at 50% of the retail value, and winning bids cannot exceed the posted value of the package.
BUY: The auction ends when time expires or when someone submits a bid for the posted value of the travel package.
BOOK: During the redemption window for a purchased package, consumers can book their experience using the unique voucher and reservation code received upon placing the winning bid. (Note: redemption window differs for each package).
BON VOYAGE: Consumers enjoy their local getaway in a safe and responsible way.
BOOST: Auction proceeds are reinvested back into the program to create more travel experiences, so we can continue to support Canada’s tourism industry.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5138 posts
1939 upvotes
Toronto
Just looks like the regular "country manor" type hotels that are usually 50% off on Travelzoo.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6000 posts
1892 upvotes
Thornhill
These packages are extremely overpriced. 2 hotels in these packages have been on groupon for 1/3 of what they are offering. I mean, bidding starts at $450 for 2-night camping.... That's just insane right there. No wonder, many have no bids, the value in these packages are pretty low( based on Ontario. Did not look at other provinces.
I often use voice typing and rarely read what I had typed...
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1655 posts
362 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
How I need 450$ package to canoe camp somewhere in those wilderness. All I need is 10$ backcountry camping fee and rent a canoe from the provincial park. With the package money I can buy a whole set of tent and camping gear.
<No political content in signatures>
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1090 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto
This should be in the Hot Deals section - not