Food & Drink

BIG NEWS! The return of CHURCH'S CHICKEN to Toronto!!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 6:15 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12967 upvotes
mrweather wrote: Who would expect a national chicken chain to have anything remotely spicy on their menu? You want spicy, go to a local shop.
I mean... I don't really disagree but at the same time other nationwide chains have had "ultra hot" things that had some kick.
This had zero kick whatsoever. The only flavor was sweet.

Plus I would argue that it's deceptive using sesame seeds to portray spiciness.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1862 upvotes
Scarborough
death_hawk wrote: I mean... I don't really disagree but at the same time other nationwide chains have had "ultra hot" things that had some kick.
This had zero kick whatsoever. The only flavor was sweet.

Plus I would argue that it's deceptive using sesame seeds to portray spiciness.
Until I see Nashville hot chicken and I mean the legit stuff brought up here, it ain't nothin' but jive turkey talkin'. Or in this case, jive chicken talkin'.

Putting sesame seeds to portray as spiciness is one of the dumbest preconceptions ever heard.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4381 posts
3910 upvotes
Strafe1 wrote: Until I see Nashville hot chicken and I mean the legit stuff brought up here, it ain't nothin' but jive turkey talkin'. Or in this case, jive chicken talkin'.
How about a California chain that serves Nashville style hot chicken? If so, your wish is coming true:

la-chain-daves-hot-chicken-plans-open-3 ... #p32559477
Friendly reminder #1: The Golden Arches fast food chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you for your attention.
Friendly reminder #2: Price matching is NOT the law. Never was, never will be. Nobody can stop you from shopping elsewhere.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12967 upvotes
Strafe1 wrote: Putting sesame seeds to portray as spiciness is one of the dumbest preconceptions ever heard.
That's why I'm angry.
Don't pretend to be spicy.

Calling something "spicy" that's mainstream I'm not expecting spice.
But to actively deceive someone in an ad like that? No. Now you've got me angried up.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2726 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
if you want spicy, go try the spicy cajun burger from mary browns now thats spicy
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12967 upvotes
willyxjai wrote: if you want spicy, go try the spicy cajun burger from mary browns now thats spicy
I tried their spicy chicken and this is what I would call "generally acceptable" spicy.
It's not spicy to someone that likes spicy foods, but it wasn't bland and sweet like Church's.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3355 posts
1362 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: Church's Chicken is opening soon at 531 Yonge St and 33 Harbour Sq as per the menu as the St Clair/Dufferin location.
Quoted from Post #103

More than 2 years after this post, I'm gonna assume Church's Chicken bailed out on this location. I'm pretty sad about this since I live downtown. We need more locations downtown!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16083 posts
3502 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote: Quoted from Post #103

More than 2 years after this post, I'm gonna assume Church's Chicken bailed out on this location. I'm pretty sad about this since I live downtown. We need more locations downtown!
They're also not taking very good care of their location guide. "Open soon" for 845 Jane street https://www.churchschicken.ca/ontario/locations/
BUT
Their web page shows that they are now open @ 845 Jane. https://www.churchschicken.ca/ontario/l ... t-toronto/

33 Harbor square seems to be absent from their location list also...so maybe they did pull out?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Penalty Box
Jan 26, 2017
850 posts
896 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: Church's Chicken is opening soon at 531 Yonge St and 33 Harbour Sq as per the menu as the St Clair/Dufferin location.
Mr_Fanta wrote: Quoted from Post #103

The wait will soon be over...
I walked by today at 33 Harbour Sq and i saw many signs posted on the window that Church's Chicken is coming!
It's directly across the street from RBC Waterpark Place and next to a Scotiabank.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3355 posts
1362 upvotes
^ Passed by this location today on the Harbourfront streetcar and looked at the renovation progress for this store. It seems like it probably won't be ready for business for a minimum of 3 to 6 months. Really hope I'm wrong and it opens a lot sooner as I've been waiting for over 2 years for this downtown location to open. LOL
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18323 posts
2181 upvotes
Woodbridge
The best sandwich, IMO love their Mexicana and as well as their Onion Rings.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)