Hot Deals

[Big Rock Brewery] Big Rock Brewery 10% off promo code for online orders *Free Home Delivery* [ON-only]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2021 10:43 am
[OP]
Mar 10, 2014
27 posts
12 upvotes

Big Rock Brewery 10% off promo code for online orders *Free Home Delivery* [ON-only]

Deal Link:
Savings:
10% off
Expiry:
June 15, 2021
Retailer:
Big Rock Brewery
I have a promo code to share for Big Rock Brewery's online shop https://store.bigrockbeer.com/ontario/craft-beer/ that includes free home delivery for orders over $50.

Use promo code POWER at checkout and get 10% off.
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
5288 posts
2965 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Used to crush Grasshopper's when leaving in Banff!

Good Times
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2885 posts
2219 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Hey, Big Rock Traditional used to be my favourite beer! I haven't seen it for a while now. Thanks OP, this rocks big time... er, this Big Rocks time!
Apr 7, 2009
211 posts
81 upvotes
Durham
OakAged wrote: Hey, Big Rock Traditional used to be my favourite beer! I haven't seen it for a while now. Thanks OP, this rocks big time... er, this Big Rocks time!
Any comparisons for the Traditional Ale?
Regards,
Rodney
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2885 posts
2219 upvotes
GTA Ontario
RodReynolds wrote: Any comparisons for the Traditional Ale?
It's been some time since I've had one, but if it's still as good as it used to be, it's a fragrant, luscious ale but not in the IPA sense - it's more smooth than sharp, malty, caramelly. I can't really think of a good comparison... think of a nice, smooth, somewhat toasty English brown ale and then crank up the malt and caramel a bit, and crank up the hops just enough to keep it clean and balanced.
Dec 24, 2017
746 posts
1595 upvotes
lel
Agree with the above. I never liked these guys but if you are looking for something relatively uncontroversial, it might be for you.
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Apr 20, 2021
30 posts
12 upvotes
They've sold their Ontario production facility because of low demand. This is likely old inventory.
Nov 17, 2007
114 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
I was just on the website and they state that delivery is only within the GTA for the Grasshopper and Traditional Ale. Any update on this? I am in Guelph.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2885 posts
2219 upvotes
GTA Ontario
slacker1 wrote: I was just on the website and they state that delivery is only within the GTA for the Grasshopper and Traditional Ale. Any update on this? I am in Guelph.
The page that the OP links to says that the beers are available across Ontario, but then the individual beer pages say GTA-only. Then if you click the "All Products" link at the bottom of the page you find other beers, other pack sizes, and sometimes two pages for the same beer with different prices because one's for AB and one's for ON. So I'm guessing that they have two market channel for the same beers and just did a bad job of differentiating them on their website, and the "GTA-only" is supposed to mean the ON channel and is just a really bad choice of wording. Or maybe it used to be GTA-only and they bumped it to ON-wide and forgot to update the beer pages. (These are the sorts of things that can happen when a business is run by humans.) In any case, I just added what I wanted to my cart and checked out to see what would happen. I also picked the free shipping option that's supposed to be for "major cities" and it didn't say anything about needing to verify that. The only odd thing was that it added a small "additional charge" to a couple of the beers, and they were ones that weren't listed on the OP's linked page. But the order went through, the discount worked, the shipping was free, the overall pricing was good, and the can deposits were included - only tax was added. And no bad-news email so far, so it looks like all is well.

I got a 12 pack of Traditional, 4 Citradelic, 4 Warthog, and 4 Scottish Heavy for $57.76 + $5.72 tax.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2885 posts
2219 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Excitations wrote: They've sold their Ontario production facility because of low demand. This is likely old inventory.
I don't see how it's likely to be old inventory. That would assume that they stopped selling the beer before they stopped producing it, and why would any business do that? The fact is they're still selling to AB and ON, regardless of where they're producing it.
Apr 20, 2021
30 posts
12 upvotes
OakAged wrote: I don't see how it's likely to be old inventory. That would assume that they stopped selling the beer before they stopped producing it, and why would any business do that? The fact is they're still selling to AB and ON, regardless of where they're producing it.
They have been overproducing. The facility is sold. This is step one of liquidating the inventory.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2885 posts
2219 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Excitations wrote: They have been overproducing. The facility is sold. This is step one of liquidating the inventory.
So I looked into this. They sold their Etobicoke facility, not their "Ontario" facility. They also have a facility in Toronto. Their sales were up in 2020, and their stock price has trended upwards through 2021. They're using the proceeds from the sale of the Etobicoke facility to reduce their lease, strengthen their capital position, and increase their IT budget to improve productivity. I didn't find anything about overproducing or liquidating; in fact they're still producing in Toronto. I still don't see how it's likely they'd have "old inventory" sitting around. So if you have any supportable info on that please share. Thanks.
Apr 20, 2021
30 posts
12 upvotes
OakAged wrote: So I looked into this. They sold their Etobicoke facility, not their "Ontario" facility. They also have a facility in Toronto. Their sales were up in 2020, and their stock price has trended upwards through 2021. They're using the proceeds from the sale of the Etobicoke facility to reduce their lease, strengthen their capital position, and increase their IT budget to improve productivity. I didn't find anything about overproducing or liquidating; in fact they're still producing in Toronto. I still don't see how it's likely they'd have "old inventory" sitting around. So if you have any supportable info on that please share. Thanks.
The Toronto "facility" is a nano brewpub in Liberty Village.

They're selling the production facility because they lost a ton of money. Of course their books look better now.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2885 posts
2219 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Excitations wrote: The Toronto "facility" is a nano brewpub in Liberty Village.

They're selling the production facility because they lost a ton of money. Of course their books look better now.
Yes, selling a facility "makes the books look better". But so do rising sales and stock prices. I think they're doing the right things and will be around for a while, which I'm happy about because they make great beer.
Jun 14, 2017
153 posts
172 upvotes
I was interested in this offer but wasn't sure if I'd qualify for the free delivery option.
Capture.JPG

I emailed store@bigrockbeer.com on Wednesday to find out.....did not get a reply yet by Saturday.
Oh well; thanks anyhow OP. My hometown's microbrewery will get the business instead.
Apr 20, 2021
30 posts
12 upvotes
OakAged wrote: Yes, selling a facility "makes the books look better". But so do rising sales and stock prices. I think they're doing the right things and will be around for a while, which I'm happy about because they make great beer.
I'm not saying the company is going out of business. I'm saying this inventory is being sold off because they're closing the facility that's been making and storing it and they need to liquidate the beer that's in stock.
May 26, 2011
890 posts
682 upvotes
It's unfortunate they sell online only in ON and AB.

The one in Vancouver has been selling cheaper than BC Liquor Stores most of the time, and especially when they carry old stock. I've been patiently waiting for the next AmEx Shop Small.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2885 posts
2219 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Excitations wrote: I'm not saying the company is going out of business. I'm saying this inventory is being sold off because they're closing the facility that's been making and storing it and they need to liquidate the beer that's in stock.
Yes, you're saying that, and implying that it's old enough to be a concern, but declining to provide any support, so it looks like you're making an assumption but stating it as fact.
Sep 11, 2007
492 posts
91 upvotes
did we ever figure out what "local delivery" means? GTA only? I'm delivering to ottawa, but i'm not going to go through the hassle of figuring out if that's local. that should be easy/simple on their end. It says ON, so I'm assuming it is.... Let's see if they cancel...