Tags:
[OP]
Banned
Oct 27, 2004
2236 posts
13 upvotes

Big Slice vs King Slice

Hey guys,

Some of you might agree or disagree, but when it comes to pizza, Big Slice is my favorite. A buddy of mine suggested I try King Slice on Bloor & Keele.

Have any of you tried King Slice and can share your experience?
19 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10156 posts
1404 upvotes
Mississauga
also would like to know this... but king slice seems far for me, since i go to rye hi, big slice is 30 sec away:P

but their pizza is amazing and the sad part is, i just found out about it a couple of weeks ago
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 37-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
[OP]
Banned
Oct 27, 2004
2236 posts
13 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: also would like to know this... but king slice seems far for me, since i go to rye hi, big slice is 30 sec away:P

but their pizza is amazing and the sad part is, i just found out about it a couple of weeks ago
LOL, I know Big Slice aint the classiest pizza joint, but it's simple & tastes great!!!

I remember getting student discounts though I didn't go to Ryerson lol...are they still giving discounts?
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10156 posts
1404 upvotes
Mississauga
they have rye discounts! :confused: :confused:
not that it matters.
a slice and a can of pop for 5 bucks beats pizza pizza's 5 dollar deal anyday. Id rather have more pizza than chips and fries
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 37-0-0
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2005
1608 posts
358 upvotes
North York
King Slice FTW... much better than Big Slice

big slice is just your run of the mill pizza... better than pizza pizza and the other chains.

King Slice on the other hand is like a mom and pop shop. If you haven't tried then you must... you won't be disappointed.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10156 posts
1404 upvotes
Mississauga
Magoo wrote: King Slice FTW... much better than Big Slice

big slice is just your run of the mill pizza... better than pizza pizza and the other chains.

King Slice on the other hand is like a mom and pop shop. If you haven't tried then you must... you won't be disappointed.
any reason why?
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 37-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7558 posts
3821 upvotes
King Slice has the best slices in Toronto. I've tried slices from every reputable place in Toronto. Their tomato sauce, garlic oil, & freshness make them #1.

Other places make multiple pizzas at once, then sell them as slices (eg 1 whole pizza of deluxe, 1 whole pizza of pepperoni, 1 whole pizza of vegetarian, 1 whole pizza of cheese, all made around the same time). So because there's so many slices of each kind of pizza, it takes long to sell it all (eg 8 slices of deluxe, 8 slices of pepperoni).

King Slice makes 1 pizza at a time (8 total slices = 2 deluxe, 2 arabbiata, 2 pepperoni, 2 margherita), they don't make another pizza for slice sale until they're sold out or close to sold out of slices. The garlic oil they put on the crust is unique & sinfully delicious (they ask if you want it, it is not garlic dipping sauce). Also, their tomato sauce is just plain better than that of other places, it is not some generic tomato sauce.

Their slices aren't "cheap" but offer a very good value IMO, considering they're very big slices & they're the best quality slices you can get in Toronto. It's $4.10 per slice I think.
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2008
1067 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
i finally tried king slice and its really good. the slices are so big they need to put it on two paper plates.
Feb 28, 2008
16 posts
1 upvote
HP_John wrote: King Slice has the best slices in Toronto. I've tried slices from every reputable place in Toronto. Their tomato sauce, garlic oil, & freshness make them #1.

Other places make multiple pizzas at once, then sell them as slices (eg 1 whole pizza of deluxe, 1 whole pizza of pepperoni, 1 whole pizza of vegetarian, 1 whole pizza of cheese, all made around the same time). So because there's so many slices of each kind of pizza, it takes long to sell it all (eg 8 slices of deluxe, 8 slices of pepperoni).

King Slice makes 1 pizza at a time (8 total slices = 2 deluxe, 2 arabbiata, 2 pepperoni, 2 margherita), they don't make another pizza for slice sale until they're sold out or close to sold out of slices. The garlic oil they put on the crust is unique & sinfully delicious (they ask if you want it, it is not garlic dipping sauce). Also, their tomato sauce is just plain better than that of other places, it is not some generic tomato sauce.

Their slices aren't "cheap" but offer a very good value IMO, considering they're very big slices & they're the best quality slices you can get in Toronto. It's $4.10 per slice I think.
+1 for King Slice. I love their pizza and it so big you required 2 paper to hold it.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1341 posts
140 upvotes
Haven't tried this King Slice place, but I do like the Big Slice... except that they give you a mean face if you ever ask them to heat up the pizza.

You know, once upon a time, Pizza Pizza slices were just as big as Big Slice. True story. Miss those days.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7558 posts
3821 upvotes
EM_K19 wrote: Haven't tried this King Slice place, but I do like the Big Slice... except that they give you a mean face if you ever ask them to heat up the pizza.
That is reason enough to go to KS, honestly, how hard is it for them to just heat up a slice?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4556 posts
1196 upvotes
Hamilton
haven't been to Big Slice in 10 years!.
I used to love it. Then, one day, I saw roaches in the cooking area... AFTER I ate my slice there.
That was it for me. But it was quite tastey and the price was right too!
Thank god for Amato's pizza now! :) 10x better.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1434 posts
74 upvotes
oh man, those roaches would have killed my desire of going back
[removed]
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2008
1067 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
the washrooms at the yonge/gerrard big slice dont even have sinks that turn on i didnt even want to order food after that.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2005
1608 posts
358 upvotes
North York
sidshock wrote: haven't been to Big Slice in 10 years!.
I used to love it. Then, one day, I saw roaches in the cooking area... AFTER I ate my slice there.
That was it for me. But it was quite tastey and the price was right too!
Thank god for Amato's pizza now! :) 10x better.
Amato's pizza? which location? I used to be a pizza maker years ago... back then the quality was amazing; can't say that now.

Those guys were making so much money back then, but after the father died the infighting began and they messed up the business.
Jan 13, 2009
776 posts
12 upvotes
Will definitely want to try King Slice. I've been to Big Slice several times, and I already think its better than the chains.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2002
1163 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
I tried King Slice today boy was it delicious. Way better than the chain pizza places for sure. Never had Big Slice though but do walk by it on a few occasions. Gonna try it just to compare the two.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3676 posts
399 upvotes
bigger slices: king slice
better price: Big slice (bet $0.50 or so)
better taste: king slice (garlic butter is awesome)
freshness factor: king slice. usually fresh, not sitting out all day
overall: king slice

However, the sandwiches at big slice (veal chicken etc) are crazy good. way better than the ones at king slice

I used to go to rye, and currently work around the corner from big slice, also live 2 minutes from king slice, so its not like i've been to each place just once.

p.s. try the calzone at king slice. its $9 big its huge, enough for 2 ppl
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2002
1163 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Went to Big Slice today. Slices are huge. Cheap too with a drink. Cost $4.75. Taste was just alright though, probably because of the lack of cheese and sauce.

King Slice FTW!