• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 9:26 pm
[OP]
Jan 7, 2015
7 posts
1 upvote
Richmond, BC

Billing after Credit Card payment

Hey guys! so I'm working on creating a website for a service where prices can fluctuate based on the information customers have entered. However if the information they enter is incorrect I want the ability to charge the credit card they entered extra fees which they will be warned about. So they will have to enter some kind of billing agreement. How do I go about doing this? Usually, with my previous ecommerce exp the customer just pays and then your done. Is there a service I can work with that will help facilitate this? I was thinking of using square online payments but I don't know if this is supported.

Thank you
3 replies
May 27, 2012
232 posts
96 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
similar to what gas stations or hotels do? they hold for example $300 from the card and only finalyze the transactions when everything is done.
so you can do a temp hold on the max amount... but only charge xxx when ur done with ur information gatheirng
[OP]
Jan 7, 2015
7 posts
1 upvote
Richmond, BC
adnanakhtar wrote: similar to what gas stations or hotels do? they hold for example $300 from the card and only finalyze the transactions when everything is done.
so you can do a temp hold on the max amount... but only charge xxx when ur done with ur information gatheirng
Yes that would be perfect if possible or if the system can charge their CC a second time based on the extra fees.