Expired Hot Deals

[Birks] BIRKS: 15% OFF Coupon for Limited Edition 2010 Van. Olympic Torch Replica (via iCoke)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2010 2:38 pm
[OP]
May 27, 2007
15700 posts
3158 upvotes
Toronto

[Birks] BIRKS: 15% OFF Coupon for Limited Edition 2010 Van. Olympic Torch Replica (via iCoke)

More offers from Birks
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7552 posts
2497 upvotes
Mississauga
damn, that looks slick. but $295 (well roughly $250 with discount) + taxes seems a bit much. although only 50,000 made. :confused:
Jan 9, 2008
86 posts
These should fly off the shelves when the price drops to $19.95 .
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7075 posts
1245 upvotes
I'd be all over this if it wasn't so ugly. Pretty sad looking torch when you see it on the relay, and all the smoke has blacken it - simply poor design.
Aug 20, 2004
541 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
it's and 30 cms long, and is decently hefty. nice little replica - but pricey! i've seen these at the stores myself.
too bad they're not actually numbered!
Aug 30, 2008
70 posts
52 upvotes
pilotpen wrote: it's and 30 cms long, and is decently hefty. nice little replica - but pricey! i've seen these at the stores myself.
too bad they're not actually numbered!
Actually, they are numbered on the Card of Authenticity.
Nov 26, 2003
643 posts
11 upvotes
mic2074 wrote: I'd be all over this if it wasn't so ugly. Pretty sad looking torch when you see it on the relay, and all the smoke has blacken it - simply poor design.
it's pretty funny since i'm thinking the company behind the design (both looks and function) who made it is "boeing".

I'm having second thoughts about flying now....
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11817 posts
15035 upvotes
I am thinking about buying one.

I want to buy a Olympic souvenir with some value to it. Not some cheap keychain. So could someone recommend a nice Olympic collectible that may go up in value? Or at least retain its value.
Have a nice day!

Sep 30, 2001
28078 posts
7143 upvotes
Toronto
LonesomeDove wrote: I want to buy a Olympic souvenir with some value to it. Not some cheap keychain. So could someone recommend a nice Olympic collectible that may go up in value? Or at least retain its value.
i'm partial to cdn coins myself, but i wouldn't buy them if you're looking for something to go up in value.
We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Aug 30, 2008
70 posts
52 upvotes
gohtor wrote: it's pretty funny since i'm thinking the company behind the design (both looks and function) who made it is "boeing".

I'm having second thoughts about flying now....
It's designed by Bombardier, not Boeing. So feel safe flying in that 747, but be aware on a CRJ.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1411 posts
401 upvotes
mic2074 wrote: I'd be all over this if it wasn't so ugly. Pretty sad looking torch when you see it on the relay, and all the smoke has blacken it - simply poor design.
Mixed feelings on the design.

It looks cool far away, but when you're close it looks like a white plastic toy.
Fraud / Scam / Bad Business Practices (file a complaint) (CLICK HERE FOR LINKS!)

■░▒▓█ BC Liberals = HST! We shall not forget! █▓▒░■
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7552 posts
2497 upvotes
Mississauga
heh heh...typically, that's what smoke does to things - it blackens it. ;)
Oct 3, 2007
439 posts
15 upvotes
Ontario
what is the quality of it, any silver, gold, platinum etc?