Freebies

Birthday Freebies Version 2017-2020

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2021 3:42 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1654 posts
4095 upvotes
xiaobao wrote: Hmm, Denny's allowed us use the birthday deal for takeout when sit-in was closed. My wife's bday is coming up so will see if they still have it. 2 days ago they still had the sign up at the location I drove by.
Yeah, my experience was just for the Dennys Ottawa location, so YMMV. Other canadian locations may still be honoring the birthday grand slam and other promos.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2590 posts
490 upvotes
Vancouver
oj777 wrote: Yeah, my experience was just for the Dennys Ottawa location, so YMMV. Other canadian locations may still be honoring the birthday grand slam and other promos.
Yeah, I will double check if they don't have then they lose our business.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4667 posts
6995 upvotes
Ontario
Since Addition-Elle closed, no more birthday month coupon offer for program members. Not sure if Penningtons has their own version of the offer. Ah ha-yes, the Style Insider program offers a birthday bonus. https://www.penningtons.com/on/demandwa ... w-it-works
2021-Be more colourful and generous.😎
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2429 posts
2239 upvotes
Whitby
Restaurants are broke. You'd think they would honor these bday deals and offer more. Hoping for some Red lobster love. Take out coupon. SOMETHING.
Jan 26, 2012
228 posts
156 upvotes
Ontario
Hello everyone, I attached a big list of birthday rewards that I received this year. Hope you find it helpful.

Highlights: Mary Brown's, Pita Pit, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, KFC and Indigo.

Nothing from Boston Pizza, Kelseys, East Side Mario's, or Montana's this year. I am guessing that they stopped sending offers due to the pandemic.
Images
  • Birthday Freebies.PNG
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1827 posts
1339 upvotes
Halifax, NS
moss27 wrote: Hello everyone, I attached a big list of birthday rewards that I received this year. Hope you find it helpful.

Nothing from Boston Pizza, Kelseys, East Side Mario's, or Montana's this year. I am guessing that they stopped sending offers due to the pandemic.
doing the lord's work! thankyou! <3
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1654 posts
4095 upvotes
My fiance had her birthday earlier this month. Two birthday freebies not mentioned here in this thread:

- MEC: Received a happy birthday email which contained a $10 voucher code to spend on anything online or in store.
- Kettlemans Bagels (Ottawa chain): $11 loaded onto your account on the Kettleman's app, enough $$ to spend on a dozen bagels.
Aug 31, 2012
142 posts
104 upvotes
Scarborough
I've been a MEC member for ages and never once got a voucher on my birthday from them
Feb 19, 2020
131 posts
185 upvotes
oj777 wrote: My fiance had her birthday earlier this month. Two birthday freebies not mentioned here in this thread:

- MEC: Received a happy birthday email which contained a $10 voucher code to spend on anything online or in store.
- Kettlemans Bagels (Ottawa chain): $11 loaded onto your account on the Kettleman's app, enough $$ to spend on a dozen bagels.

There's no place to add my birthday on the MEC website. Only year of birth, and no way to edit it.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1654 posts
4095 upvotes
Karmella wrote: I've been a MEC member for ages and never once got a voucher on my birthday from them
******* wrote: There's no place to add my birthday on the MEC website. Only year of birth, and no way to edit it.
Both my fiance and I joined years ago, but most likely when you first get your MEC lifetime membership, you provide them with your DOB.

Its the 1st time she got the "happy birthday email" from MEC which contained a $10 Evoucher. My birthday is in Dec so I'll see then if I get their birthday email as well.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19404 posts
7034 upvotes
Toronto
Found out the hard way, Starbucks rules say you have to have your birthday logged in your profile, as well as have a star in your account (so spending money on the account in otherwords).
I always place my orders through my wife's account, not mine, so we missed out.
Better luck next time!
RedFlagDeals Addict
Apr 5, 2017
884 posts
643 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
The timing of discovering this thread couldn't be better for me. Until this the only one I was going to go after was the Starbucks, and I was just going to give it to my gf since she missed out on her birthday one, and I'm minimizing my caffeine and don't drink fancy Starbucks anyway. Otherwise the dine in places with free cake/dessert etc. are off my list this year. The Keg was always high on the list, they would always give a huge slice of cake for the half dozen birthdays I've sat in there for.

PizzaHut - hopefully I can combine it with their coupon offers. I only eat here with the BOGO-Free deal they have.
Mary Browns - I'm getting the free burger with download & first order of App, and the next day I'll have my free birthday burger.
KFC - free popcorn chicken, I'll pop in and grab that for a snack.
Starbucks - I'll have to go and buy something to earn stars so I can get the free one. I haven't gone in over a year so the few I had must've expired. So it'll be a buy one get one deal for me.
Dairy Queen - not sure, probably just the usual coupons I get there.

I wish Turo would give birthday discounts. First time using it recently to try out a Tesla, I wouldn't mind having one again for a few days.

DaVibe wrote: Found out the hard way, Starbucks rules say you have to have your birthday logged in your profile, as well as have a star in your account (so spending money on the account in otherwords).
I always place my orders through my wife's account, not mine, so we missed out.
Better luck next time!
Good to know. Thanks
Jul 2, 2012
89 posts
39 upvotes
YORK
moss27 wrote: Hello everyone, I attached a big list of birthday rewards that I received this year. Hope you find it helpful.

Thanks, I didn't know about the Indigo and Old Navy birthday coupons :)
Aug 31, 2012
142 posts
104 upvotes
Scarborough
I registered in the KFC app and added my birthday--got nothing. No push notification and no email.
Aug 31, 2012
142 posts
104 upvotes
Scarborough

Seems like Cora's stopped too
Oct 27, 2017
718 posts
577 upvotes
And you can add Mary Brown to the stopping promo list. Well starting in the new year at least.
Jan 26, 2012
228 posts
156 upvotes
Ontario
eelw11 wrote: And you can add Mary Brown to the stopping promo list. Well starting in the new year at least.
That's too bad, that is one of the best rewards. How did you hear that they were ending it next year?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1372 posts
448 upvotes
mary brown's sent an email to all registered with them - maybe they putting the birthday sandwich in the app as loyalty and discontinuing the email coupon to promote only the app use
Jan 26, 2012
228 posts
156 upvotes
Ontario
smoraes wrote: mary brown's sent an email to all registered with them - maybe they putting the birthday sandwich in the app as loyalty and discontinuing the email coupon to promote only the app use
You're right, I got the e-mail but didn't see it until now. It makes sense for them to push the deal with their app, even though it's only a one time offer. Glad I got to enjoy it one last time for free.