Birthday Freebies Version 2017-2020

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2021 8:14 am
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1041 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
eelw11 wrote: You missed the best one. The Works Burgers. You can get a Kobe burger with side
4fcb9109-1038-45aa-bf19-eebc5b629246.png
I'm sad to share this, but no more free burger at The Works! It's now a free onion ring tower with burger purchase.
Last edited by lynn24 on Nov 24th, 2020 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2906 posts
2456 upvotes
Toronto
Just got this email from Mary Brown's

unnamed.jpg
Oct 27, 2017
717 posts
577 upvotes
lynn24 wrote: 4fcb9109-1038-45aa-bf19-eebc5b629246.png
I'm sad to share this, but no more free burger at The Works! It's now a free onion ring tower with burger purchase.
That's unfortunate :( But with this year, not surprised restaurants have to cut these promos.
Mar 15, 2019
84 posts
59 upvotes
It might depend on when you signed up. I just received a free burger coupon via email for my birthday.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1041 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
RaeRaeS wrote: It might depend on when you signed up. I just received a free burger coupon via email for my birthday.
When did you sign up? I signed up 3-5 years ago or something...
Mar 15, 2019
84 posts
59 upvotes
lynn24 wrote: When did you sign up? I signed up 3-5 years ago or something...
Same. Maybe it’s just the last year they are offering burgers?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1041 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
RaeRaeS wrote: Same. Maybe it’s just the last year they are offering burgers?
Strange that we got different offers pretty much on the same day. Maybe I just happen to be on the unlucky side of the changeover?
May 18, 2008
251 posts
403 upvotes
Richmond Hill
moss27 wrote: Hello everyone, I attached a big list of birthday rewards that I received this year. Hope you find it helpful.

Highlights: Mary Brown's, Pita Pit, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, KFC and Indigo.

My birthday is later this month and I am wondering how the Tim Hortons birthday reward works.............do they give you rewards points or do they give you some type of offer/voucher on the app for a free drink?................is it only valid on your birthday?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1776 posts
1222 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Mike S wrote: My birthday is later this month and I am wondering how the Tim Hortons birthday reward works.............do they give you rewards points or do they give you some type of offer/voucher on the app for a free drink?................is it only valid on your birthday?
If I recall correctly (from October), there was a birthday coupon in the app that I had to activate. I did not get any notification or email -- I checked the app and the offer was in there. Only good for that day.
Jan 26, 2012
228 posts
155 upvotes
Ontario
Mike S wrote: My birthday is later this month and I am wondering how the Tim Hortons birthday reward works.............do they give you rewards points or do they give you some type of offer/voucher on the app for a free drink?................is it only valid on your birthday?
I got an e-mail with a link to add the birthday offer to my Tims account. It was valid on my birthday only.
Oct 27, 2017
717 posts
577 upvotes
Got lucky and my account still got the Works birthday burger. Take out only. So didn’t have to pay for a drink if dining in. Can’t see the wagyu beef under all the veggies though
DBFAAEEF-65D6-4766-974A-7EA9D1D66728.jpeg
May 18, 2008
251 posts
403 upvotes
Richmond Hill
My birthday was last week...…………..if anyone is interested here are the birthday offers I got:

Starbucks - free drink any size (including Frappuccino) - valid only on birthday

Tim Hortons - free any size beverage that is worth 70 or 100 rewards points (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, iced coffee, etc) - valid only on birthday **

Great Canadian Bagel - postcard in the mail valid for six free bagels - valid for the month of your birthday

Dairy Queen - BOGO blizzard coupon - valid for 7 days after birthday

The Works - free onion rings tower with purchase of a burger - valid for 90 days after receiving it, which was a week before my birthday

South Street Burger - BOGO burger coupon - valid for 14 days after birthday

Mary Brown's - free Big Mary chicken sandwich - valid for 7 days after birthday (I think they are getting rid of this freebie in 2021)

London Drugs (LD Extras member) - $5.00 credit on account - no expiry

New York Fries (Fry Society) - free regular fries - valid for 60 days after birthday

Auntie Anne's - free pretzel - valid for 90 days after receiving it, which was a week before my birthday

Quiznos - 10 rewards points added to account

Papa Johns - free family size chocolate chip cookie - valid for 14 days after birthday

Harvey's - free pie - valid for 14 days after birthday

East Side Mario's - free peanut butter stack $30 purchase - valid for 7 days after birthday

** I was able to redeem my Tim Horton's birthday freebie on the afternoon of the day after my birthday, but that might only be because my birthday is Dec 25 and most Tim Horton's locations were closed on that day

I have an account on the KFC app and my birthday is in my profile but as far as I know I did not receive their birthday freebie (small popcorn chicken)...............not sure why
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4629 posts
6965 upvotes
Ontario
@Mike S Was the Harvey's free pie linked to purchase of a burger? Last year's pie freebie was purchase-based, much like how Swiss Chalet links its freebie with a min. order value.

So far in January 2021:
Sephora has 4 birthday gifts listed online: Nars lip and cheek mini products, Morroccan oil mini set, Kerastase shampoo/conditioner mini set and one other set. I bought something online to get the birthday freebie (stores are closed) and also get two free samples with purchase plus free shipping.

Value Village-as a Super Saver, I got a 20% off coupon on my next purchase up to $50. Expires at end of Jan. Stores are closed until Jan.23 in the Hamilton area...so this will be interesting.

Simons-as a Simons member I get 2x points this month on my highest purchase made in my birthday month.

Hudson's Bay-not sure this was birthday related but I did receive a 40% off regular price (on one item)coupon offer in late Dec. Expires in mid-Jan. Just have to find that e-mail, likely generated due to recent online purchases for clothing or accessory items.
2021-Be more colourful and generous.😎
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4314 upvotes
Mike S wrote: The Works - free onion rings tower with purchase of a burger - valid for 90 days after receiving it, which was a week before my birthday
Mine is coming up and I got The Works birthday coupon by email. Mine has always been free burger, 3 years in a row at least. It's a coupon with a bar code.

However, it's only valid for 1 week (not 90 days like yours) and worst yet, the fine print says "Dine in only" so I guess I can't use it given that there's no dine-in anywhere right now...
May 18, 2008
251 posts
403 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ciel wrote: @Mike S Was the Harvey's free pie linked to purchase of a burger? Last year's pie freebie was purchase-based, much like how Swiss Chalet links its freebie with a min. order value.

Last year it specifically said "free pie with purchase of adult burger or sandwich"...............this year it doesn't say that, but there is an asterisk (see attached)...........I haven't tried to redeem it yet so I'm not sure if a purchase is necessary or not
Images
  • Harvey's.JPG
Oct 27, 2017
717 posts
577 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Mine is coming up and I got The Works birthday coupon by email. Mine has always been free burger, 3 years in a row at least. It's a coupon with a bar code.

However, it's only valid for 1 week (not 90 days like yours) and worst yet, the fine print says "Dine in only" so I guess I can't use it given that there's no dine-in anywhere right now...
I was able to redeem for takeout the Monday before Christmas at the Newmarket location. This is before the official Ford lockdown on Boxing day. So you shouldn't have issue to redeem like I did.
May 18, 2008
251 posts
403 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If anyone is curious about the Papa John's birthday freebie attached is a photo..............I was pleasantly surprised................I thought it would be one small chocolate chip cookie...............but it ended up being a family size cookie, cut into 8 slices
Images
  • IMG_7532.JPEG
Apr 1, 2016
54 posts
171 upvotes
Mike S wrote: If anyone is curious about the Papa John's birthday freebie attached is a photo..............I was pleasantly surprised................I thought it would be one small chocolate chip cookie...............but it ended up being a family size cookie, cut into 8 slices
Nice! Was any purchase required to get the bday freebie?
Apr 1, 2016
54 posts
171 upvotes
Mike S wrote: My birthday was last week...…………..if anyone is interested here are the birthday offers I got:

Starbucks - free drink any size (including Frappuccino) - valid only on birthday

Tim Hortons - free any size beverage that is worth 70 or 100 rewards points (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, iced coffee, etc) - valid only on birthday **

Great Canadian Bagel - postcard in the mail valid for six free bagels - valid for the month of your birthday

Dairy Queen - BOGO blizzard coupon - valid for 7 days after birthday

The Works - free onion rings tower with purchase of a burger - valid for 90 days after receiving it, which was a week before my birthday

South Street Burger - BOGO burger coupon - valid for 14 days after birthday

Mary Brown's - free Big Mary chicken sandwich - valid for 7 days after birthday (I think they are getting rid of this freebie in 2021)

London Drugs (LD Extras member) - $5.00 credit on account - no expiry

New York Fries (Fry Society) - free regular fries - valid for 60 days after birthday

Auntie Anne's - free pretzel - valid for 90 days after receiving it, which was a week before my birthday

Quiznos - 10 rewards points added to account

Papa Johns - free family size chocolate chip cookie - valid for 14 days after birthday

Harvey's - free pie - valid for 14 days after birthday

East Side Mario's - free peanut butter stack $30 purchase - valid for 7 days after birthday

** I was able to redeem my Tim Horton's birthday freebie on the afternoon of the day after my birthday, but that might only be because my birthday is Dec 25 and most Tim Horton's locations were closed on that day

I have an account on the KFC app and my birthday is in my profile but as far as I know I did not receive their birthday freebie (small popcorn chicken)...............not sure why
Interested in how to get the free pretzel from Auntie Anne’s, I downloaded the app and tried to join pretzel perks but it seems that it is only for the US. Do you mind sharing how to get the free pretzel from Auntie Anne’s on your bday? Thanks in Advance

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)