Freebies

Birthday Freebies Version 2017-2020

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 2:42 am
Dec 28, 2005
381 posts
630 upvotes
Toronto
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) - Free small popcorn chicken on your birthday when you register your birthday via the KFC app. Valid for 30 days from your birthday.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1849 posts
1336 upvotes
Another birthday offer that RFDers can cross off of their list.

South street burger's birthday offer now is buy 1 get 1 free
Images
  • Screenshot_20200828-235622_Gmail.jpg
Aug 30, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
I really regret not having found this forum before.
There are so many things to use in this discussion, it's incredible.
Thanks to all those people who share such useful information.
Hello. I'm here to communicate with interesting people

CBD Canada
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1570 posts
3390 upvotes
xiaobao wrote: Ever figure out what the policy is now with Denny's?
jpistone wrote: Honorable mentions to dennys..Grand slam breakfast was amazing.

Just called my local Dennys this morning in Ottawa. Employee I spoke with said they are no longer doing the free birthday grand slam and not doing any promotions.

Webpage in OP's link for Dennys is also taken down.

Not missing out on much anyways. So many local breakfast/brunch restaurants in the city that are much better than Dennys. Sad to see this go or temporarily go (in Ottawa, YMMV other locations) but i'd rather support struggling local businesses, that serve much better food.

**Edit: I decided to call Dennys Canada for confirmation that their restaurants are allowed to refuse to honor any promotions. Heres the response I got: the Ottawa location is franchised so the owner is allowed to not honor specific or all of Dennys Canada promotions.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2503 posts
462 upvotes
Vancouver
oj777 wrote: Just called my local Dennys this morning in Ottawa. Employee I spoke with said they are no longer doing the free birthday grand slam and not doing any promotions.

Webpage in OP's link for Dennys is also taken down.

Not missing out on much anyways. So many local breakfast/brunch restaurants in the city that are much better than Dennys. Sad to see this go or temporarily go (in Ottawa, YMMV other locations) but i'd rather support struggling local businesses, that serve much better food.

**Edit: I decided to call Dennys Canada for confirmation that their restaurants are allowed to refuse to honor any promotions. Heres the response I got: the Ottawa location is franchised so the owner is allowed to not honor specific or all of Dennys Canada promotions.
Hmm, Denny's allowed us use the birthday deal for takeout when sit-in was closed. My wife's bday is coming up so will see if they still have it. 2 days ago they still had the sign up at the location I drove by.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1570 posts
3390 upvotes
xiaobao wrote: Hmm, Denny's allowed us use the birthday deal for takeout when sit-in was closed. My wife's bday is coming up so will see if they still have it. 2 days ago they still had the sign up at the location I drove by.
Yeah, my experience was just for the Dennys Ottawa location, so YMMV. Other canadian locations may still be honoring the birthday grand slam and other promos.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2503 posts
462 upvotes
Vancouver
oj777 wrote: Yeah, my experience was just for the Dennys Ottawa location, so YMMV. Other canadian locations may still be honoring the birthday grand slam and other promos.
Yeah, I will double check if they don't have then they lose our business.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4494 posts
6873 upvotes
Ontario
Since Addition-Elle closed, no more birthday month coupon offer for program members. Not sure if Penningtons has their own version of the offer. Ah ha-yes, the Style Insider program offers a birthday bonus. https://www.penningtons.com/on/demandwa ... w-it-works
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
1900 posts
1694 upvotes
Whitby
Restaurants are broke. You'd think they would honor these bday deals and offer more. Hoping for some Red lobster love. Take out coupon. SOMETHING.
Jan 26, 2012
227 posts
150 upvotes
Ontario
Hello everyone, I attached a big list of birthday rewards that I received this year. Hope you find it helpful.

Highlights: Mary Brown's, Pita Pit, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, KFC and Indigo.

Nothing from Boston Pizza, Kelseys, East Side Mario's, or Montana's this year. I am guessing that they stopped sending offers due to the pandemic.
Images
  • Birthday Freebies.PNG
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1666 posts
869 upvotes
Halifax, NS
moss27 wrote: Hello everyone, I attached a big list of birthday rewards that I received this year. Hope you find it helpful.

Highlights: Mary Brown's, Pita Pit, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, KFC and Indigo.

Nothing from Boston Pizza, Kelseys, East Side Mario's, or Montana's this year. I am guessing that they stopped sending offers due to the pandemic.
doing the lord's work! thankyou! <3
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1570 posts
3390 upvotes
My fiance had her birthday earlier this month. Two birthday freebies not mentioned here in this thread:

- MEC: Received a happy birthday email which contained a $10 voucher code to spend on anything online or in store.
- Kettlemans Bagels (Ottawa chain): $11 loaded onto your account on the Kettleman's app, enough $$ to spend on a dozen bagels.
Aug 31, 2012
118 posts
99 upvotes
Scarborough
I've been a MEC member for ages and never once got a voucher on my birthday from them
Feb 19, 2020
107 posts
125 upvotes
oj777 wrote: My fiance had her birthday earlier this month. Two birthday freebies not mentioned here in this thread:

- MEC: Received a happy birthday email which contained a $10 voucher code to spend on anything online or in store.
- Kettlemans Bagels (Ottawa chain): $11 loaded onto your account on the Kettleman's app, enough $$ to spend on a dozen bagels.

There's no place to add my birthday on the MEC website. Only year of birth, and no way to edit it.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1570 posts
3390 upvotes
Karmella wrote: I've been a MEC member for ages and never once got a voucher on my birthday from them
nosedigger wrote: There's no place to add my birthday on the MEC website. Only year of birth, and no way to edit it.
Both my fiance and I joined years ago, but most likely when you first get your MEC lifetime membership, you provide them with your DOB.

Its the 1st time she got the "happy birthday email" from MEC which contained a $10 Evoucher. My birthday is in Dec so I'll see then if I get their birthday email as well.