Freebies

Birthday Freebies Version 2017-2020

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 10:09 am
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
14752 posts
255 upvotes
Panera Bread's birthday freebie "Enjoy your birthday surprise: a free pastry or sweet." is still valid
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1692 posts
895 upvotes
Halifax, NS
seafoodmwg wrote: i assume i entered by birthday on the Wendys app when i originally signed up -- can't seem to find anywhere to input bday on settings now.

But my bday is in a week and i'll let you know if anything comes through. :)
Nothing in my email, nor in the app itself. :(
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1692 posts
895 upvotes
Halifax, NS
OK, now that it's the day after my birthday... notable stuff for others:

- Tim Hortons free drink worth 70 or 100 points (had to load coupon in app, which I assume was for day-of bday only, and there was no email or push notification to advise -- I just checked my app and it was there); I got a medium french vanilla (lady said up to size medium only, though I suspect that was BS heh)
- free pie from Harvey's (coupon good for two weeks)
- free item -- either 12-pack of coffee pods, 275-360g bag of chocolate-covered almonds/raisins, or a 750g Valley Baker pie -- from Giant Tiger (coupon good for 30 days)
- 270 points from Built Bar (a protein bar that's pretty expensive admittedly, but I do buy them on the regular hahah) loaded to my account
- free cookie in Subway app (good to end of month)
- free drink from DavidsTea (unsure when it expires -- there isn't a physical store near me anymore anyway)
- free Starbucks reward that's good for day-of only (they sent an email, but there was no sign of it in the app -- seemed to work upon redemption regardless)
- Pita Pit 500 points loaded to More! account -- which is no longer good for a free petita, it just translates to $5 off the next purchase (boooo)
- 15% off coupon from next online order at Le Chateau which is good for one month
- 15% off coupon from adidas.ca that's good for one week
- 20% off from reebok.ca that's good for 30 days
- free popcorn chicken from KFC that's good for, like, 28 days
- $15 off next purchase at RW&C0 that's good for 3 weeks (and there doesn't seem to a be a min. spend listed)
- Quiznos 10 points loaded to my account (I believe it takes 70+ to get anything?)
- free cinnamon bun from COBS Bread, good for 7 days (isn't a location near enough for me to redeem)
- free dessert and 10% off meal when you spend $30 or more at Montana's (good for two weeks)
- free peanut butter stack when you spend $30 or more on your next online order at East Side Mario's (good for one week)
- buy one, get one free kid's scoop or $5 off any edible image cake from Baskin Robbins (good for ten days)
- free dessert when you dine-in (min. spend $10) at Jack Astor's (good until Dec. 31, I guess because their dining rooms are still closed?)
- 300 My Nintendo Platinum Points (whatever those are -- doesn't seem to be enough to do anything with for me hahah)

I did not get any PC Optimum points offer, which I feel like I did at least once or twice in previous years?

I did not receive an email from Sephora, though I have in previous years. Hopefully whenever I decide to show up, so long as it's during my birthday month, at their store within the next month or so and provide my email address, they'll just hand over the little birthday pack...? :)

I also did not receive anything from Mary Brown's (I thought they would stop the Big Mary birthday thing in 2021, but maybe they already stopped it?)

:)
Oct 27, 2017
686 posts
560 upvotes
seafoodmwg wrote: OK, now that it's the day after my birthday... notable stuff for others:
You missed the best one. The Works Burgers. You can get a Kobe burger with side
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1692 posts
895 upvotes
Halifax, NS
eelw11 wrote: You missed the best one. The Works Burgers. You can get a Kobe burger with side
nice! they don't have any of those in nova scotia, but that sounds like an awesome freebie.
Sep 29, 2010
273 posts
366 upvotes
seafoodmwg wrote: OK, now that it's the day after my birthday... notable stuff for others:
:)
Thanks seafood... I'm gonna retrace your steps later this month...

Pizza Delight used to do a free b-day meal... don't know if they still offer that...
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1692 posts
895 upvotes
Halifax, NS
greatgordini wrote: Thanks seafood... I'm gonna retrace your steps later this month...

Pizza Delight used to do a free b-day meal... don't know if they still offer that...
I haven't been there in a few years, but last time I went it wasn't an email or anything -- just had to tell them it was your birthday. Can't remember if they checked ID or not. Keep us posted!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4507 posts
6887 upvotes
Ontario
@seafoodmwg See if you can go into Sephora sooner rather than later. Make sure you know your preference for the freebies in case one or two are not available. The fourth option is online only with an order. I know of people who don't get their birthday e-mails (the chain used to send it two weeks prior to a birthday...) but I would advise them to go early in a birthday month. You know how busy/popular the store is and there are lineups now due to limits on customers who can shop in the store at a time.

Mary Brown's should have given you a free burger--next year, you'll need the app to get it. I did not chase my free pie offer with purchase from Harvey's this year.

Hudson Bay supposedly gives a birthday offer (20% off an item?)if you are a customer with online account. I did not see an e-mail this year.

Simons-if you are a member of their The Simons loyalty program, you'll get 2x the points on the largest purchase made in your birthday month (appropriate, considering the Mississauga and Ottawa stores are impacted by the 28 days of closure due regional stepdowns for cities with spiking COVID cases).

PC Optimum seems to have discontinued the bonus points birthday offer over two years ago (2017 was the last time I got any) from Shoppers Optimum. PC Optimum launched in Feb. 2018 and we all remember the first few months of offers that were nil to not aligned with shopping preferences.
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1460 posts
2119 upvotes
Toronto
i remember B. Good offering birthday freebie if you sign up for the rewards program through the app. i don't have the app anymore, because 2 locations in my city have closed

https://www.bgood.ca/rewards
Feb 17, 2005
868 posts
229 upvotes
Mr Mikes does $25 credit instead of the free meal of choice

Red Robin still does the free burger

Denny’s you get the free grand slam ( or credit of the grand slam towards any menu item)

Uniqlo gives you $5 coupon towards purchase
Aug 10, 2003
374 posts
98 upvotes
are there any birthday freebies specific to Kids? I see that mastermind if you sign up for their perks program, there are "Surprise birthday gifts for Kids". build-a-bear (not free, but pay your age)
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2589 posts
2602 upvotes
GTA
K2` wrote: are there any birthday freebies specific to Kids? I see that mastermind if you sign up for their perks program, there are "Surprise birthday gifts for Kids". build-a-bear (not free, but pay your age)
Not sure where you are located:

https://lonestartexasgrill.com/lil-sizzler-signup

Lone Star Birthday Club for kids 12 and under:

https://lonestartexasgrill.com/lil-sizzler-signup

On their birthday cowboys and cowgirls in the Lil Sizzlers Kids' Club get a kids meal with drink, plus a dessert!
May 25, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
I've received the following coupons:

H&M - 25% off of one item - valid for 14 days.
HBC - save $10 off of $50 or more on your next in-store visit - valid for a month
Banana Republic - 15% off of next purchase - valid for a month
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21709 posts
159267 upvotes
GTA
I believe this was mentioned a few years ago but I got an e-mail about it recently, so just a reminder for those in the GTA. New Balance Toronto and Oakville have an offer of free socks on your birthday if you sign up for their newsletter:

https://fit4balance.preferences.center/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

ccraig