Freebies

Birthday Freebies Version 2017-2022

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2022 3:20 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1766 posts
4946 upvotes
Just warning people about Dennys Nepean (Ottawa). They're still refusing to honor the birthday grand slam deal & mentioned they stopped honoring it since Covid started.

Other locations you might be good to go, just call the restaurant 1st to double check before going in person.

The Dennys Canada website still advertises it:
https://www.dennys.ca/promotions/free-b ... breakfast/
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1502 posts
538 upvotes
same with denny's mississauga courtney park location wants you to buy as in bogo; denny's mississauga dixie/eglinton was honoring as of few months ago but depends who you get in the store :(
Nov 21, 2011
391 posts
411 upvotes
Markham
toguy wrote: A reminder that Marble Slab seems to be doing a free ice cream cone on your birthday (didn't see it mentioned in recent posts but I know it was mentioned much earlier in this thread - i.e. several years ago). It's only valid the day of your birthday - have to sign up here:

https://www.marbleslab.ca/pages/marble-mail
I haven't used Marble Slab in a while, but from what I remember they had changed it to a BOGO cone a couple years ago.
Zoomer Wireless | Fido
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1336 posts
840 upvotes
Vancouver
Stagaz630 wrote: I haven't used Marble Slab in a while, but from what I remember they had changed it to a BOGO cone a couple years ago.
This year it was a free cone valid only on the birthday.
Jan 26, 2012
233 posts
162 upvotes
Ontario
RigorMortis wrote: For Tim Hortons app, where does it show your birthday reward

Under 'My rewards and offers' or on the home screen when you open the app?
It appears under my rewards & offers.
Jul 31, 2018
371 posts
180 upvotes
Birthday coming up. What's recommended from Starbucks birthday reward?
full time realtor + medical professional
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1502 posts
538 upvotes
for starbucks - expensive frapp/drink or expensive but small snack cold sandwich ( can be warmed ) or breakfast sandwich depending if can find food items at stores as stock limited and depends on when you get to store before early crowd wipes out certain stock :) :(
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5016 posts
5342 upvotes
GTA
maxineli wrote: Birthday coming up. What's recommended from Starbucks birthday reward?
smoraes wrote: for starbucks - expensive frapp/drink or expensive but small snack cold sandwich ( can be warmed ) or breakfast sandwich depending if can find food items at stores as stock limited and depends on when you get to store before early crowd wipes out certain stock :) :(
bdl999 wrote: If they still let you, I would go with a lunch item.
https://www.starbucks.ca/menu/food/lunch

Yep, my vote is for the Cubano Sandwich for a birthday freebie!

https://www.starbucks.ca/menu/product/2 ... -and-wraps
Aug 20, 2019
438 posts
308 upvotes
Toronto
My favorite sandwich from Starbucks is the chicken caprese. It normally goes for $7.45 or 250 stars; a good item to use a birthday reward on.

It may be necessary to call the store in advance, since I find that a lot of sandwiches show up in the app as sold out.
Adam
Apr 26, 2010
756 posts
1472 upvotes
Alberta
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Joey's Seafood Restaurants! If you join their free Mariner's Club, you get a free 2-piece fish and chips and beverage for your birthday. You have about a week to redeem it.

I got that as well as these freebies this year:

- London Drugs $5 gift voucher (LDExtras)
- Tim Hortons Breakfast Sandwich or Drink through their app (I got the sausage breakfast sandwich)
- Good Earth Coffeehouse through their app (birthday reward that's valid for 30 days)
- Starbucks Free Food / Drink Item (make sure you order something within the last 12 months to get this)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5224 posts
7545 upvotes
Ontario
If the Starbucks is inside Chapters/Indigo, most of the bookstore locations (mall, big box) close at 7pm. It's been like that for a few months. Starbucks used to stay open an hour later than Indigo but those days seem long gone.
Ube pie-yum! It coordinates with Pantone's colour of the year for 2022.😃
May 6, 2016
256 posts
70 upvotes
LuckyBaybee wrote: They changed the rules and sent an email out in Jan 2021, need to make a purchase to receive the birthday drink.
thanks for the info.

edited: hopefully i get the birthday offer on the app and don't need to reinstall app.
Sep 29, 2010
566 posts
936 upvotes
RW&Co gives you $15 off your purchase (no minimum spend) for your birthday.
Tip: for best bang for buck, spend it in store.
if you order online and get "filler" to get the free shipping threshold... and you return the filler items in store... you lose a proportion of your $15 gift.
Aug 15, 2011
25 posts
3 upvotes
SASKATOON
smoraes wrote: same with denny's mississauga courtney park location wants you to buy as in bogo; denny's mississauga dixie/eglinton was honoring as of few months ago but depends who you get in the store :(
This goes for Denny’s in Regina as well - they want you to buy as a BOGO!

Just a heads up for everyone in the Regina Area. I wonder if it’s the same for Saskatoon…?! If anyone from Saskatoon could chime in that would be great, thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5224 posts
7545 upvotes
Ontario
Friend got a 20% off coupon from Value Village Super Savers club as birthday reward. Good until end of birthday month.
Ube pie-yum! It coordinates with Pantone's colour of the year for 2022.😃
Jun 28, 2015
439 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can the mods create a new sticky for 2021 maybe? Almost all the ones I used to get seem to have died a COVID-related death.

It would be even more awesome if somebody who's had a recent birthday can confirm which are still valid. Mine's not for a while
Mar 22, 2004
801 posts
74 upvotes
Ottawa
moss27 wrote: It appears under my rewards & offers.
Today's my day and it's not there. I did reach out to digital support and soon after, they credited me the points. They said I have to activate the offer but I told them, it's not there though, but thanks!. :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6092 posts
1536 upvotes
Toronto
cuto wrote: Today's my day and it's not there. I did reach out to digital support and soon after, they credited me the points. They said I have to activate the offer but I told them, it's not there though, but thanks!. :)
12th is my day too. I activated on 11th, and it's there, but in the 12th, the offer is gone. Email them and they said you have to activate on the day of your birthday. But they credited me 180 instead

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)