• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2021 7:30 pm
[OP]
Apr 7, 2020
173 posts
171 upvotes
Ottawa

[Canadian Tire] Bissell Stain Pro Deep Cleaner $139.93 (Reg $359.99) [YMMV]

Seems like a good carpet cleaner with upholstery attachment on a store clearance sale at some locations. Currently $140 at some stores (Hull) and $170 in others (Bell's Corners). Regular price elsewhere but maybe they will match? Looks hot but I don't know enough about carpet cleaning to be sure.

FEATURES
Bissell Stain Pro Deep Cleaner features an extra-long cleaning hose for hard-to-reach places
Tank in tank system for easy fill and easy emptying
Large 3/4-gallon capacity for fewer trips to the sink and faster clean-up
Rotating power brushes allows for cleaning rows to lift embedded dirt out of carpets and rugs
EdgeSweep® brushes clean against baseboards and around furniture
144 replies
Nov 1, 2020
3 posts
4 upvotes
Looks like a discontinued model. Can't find this model outside of Canadian Tire and the review on YouTube is 9 years old.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2020
173 posts
171 upvotes
Ottawa
TheWorldOyster wrote: Looks like a discontinued model. Can't find this model outside of Canadian Tire and the review on YouTube is 9 years old.
I think it's called the Stain Pro 4 elsewhere, also Model #1623N
Mar 17, 2015
31 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Great price! Very powerful to clean carpets
Jul 22, 2015
834 posts
1726 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks op. Now I can stop borrowing my grandmother's. It's a name brand and seems to have good reviews.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2609 posts
2831 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP - I was planning on renting a shampooer, but at this price I might as well buy one
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5270 posts
2961 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Original price seems highly inflated to me. Odd that a reputable retailer like CT would ever do such a thing as to artificially inflate the regular price to make the sale price seem more appealing. ;)

The price is not bad, but my guess is this was at some point on sale at Canadian Tire for not much more than this with their typical 50-70% off "sales".
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2964 posts
1399 upvotes
QC, Canada
it was at that price in 2018, there is a small thread on RFD about that
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2580 posts
2507 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know if you could use the upholstery attachment on a steam cleaner like this to clean curtains? (I know there's smaller handheld units for steaming curtains, but wondering if I could buy this one machine and use it for carpets + upholstery + curtains?)
I am a current Fido customer.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3542 posts
2049 upvotes
Airdrie
I think the $360 regular price is a bit much (Really? At Canadian tire? Smiling Face With Open Mouth) but still a very good deal at $140. A quick look around online suggests this might compare with cleaners in the $250 range. My Hoover leaks and I have an aging cat... looks like I'm off to CT after work!
(Stocktrack shows Dalhousie, Franklin & Southland in Calgary at $140. And 2% back from Rakuten)
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Nov 26, 2018
234 posts
225 upvotes
Rural AB
Considering Little Green Machines go for ~$100+, this unit seems like a good deal to me.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2580 posts
2507 upvotes
Ottawa
Double-check your Triangle Rewards offers too - I have an offer for $15 CTM if I spend at least $100.

Screenshot 2021-08-11 112015.png
Dec 15, 2017
832 posts
937 upvotes
we have a similar model, realistically it is good for cleaning up pet accidents and spills. Trying to do an entire room with it involves multiple trips to the bathroom to dump and refill the container.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2580 posts
2507 upvotes
Ottawa
cappaj wrote: Anyone know if you could use the upholstery attachment on a steam cleaner like this to clean curtains? (I know there's smaller handheld units for steaming curtains, but wondering if I could buy this one machine and use it for carpets + upholstery + curtains?)
The specs say the hose is 6' long - so I'm wondering if it would be awkward to try to use this to clean curtains that reach to the top of an 8' ceiling?
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3542 posts
2049 upvotes
Airdrie
cappaj wrote: a steam cleaner like this
Semantics perhaps, but this is a shampooer, not a steam cleaner. You'll have to pay a lot more to get heated cleaning. You *will* get better results filling it with hot water.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2580 posts
2507 upvotes
Ottawa
jdewit wrote: Semantics perhaps, but this is a shampooer, not a steam cleaner. You'll have to pay a lot more to get heated cleaning. You *will* get better results filling it with hot water.
Oh thank you! Sounds like that's a really important distinction lol - I definitely jumped to conclusions there and assumed it's a steam cleaner. Probably not what we need then (definitely looking for something to clean curtains, plus we have upholstery that's gross, and then a couple area rugs that could probably benefit from a deep cleaning).
Jul 7, 2014
260 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can Iuse it as a shampooer? Like clean my dirty caroeted stairs? Has someone used it for that?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2085 posts
451 upvotes
Thanks OP. Ordered one.
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2012
1004 posts
865 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks op.
I managed to pick the last one up in hull. Will be great for my greasy runner in the kitchen.