Travel

Is Black Creek Pioneer Village Free to the Public?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2016 11:20 am
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

Is Black Creek Pioneer Village Free to the Public?

HI, I just came across this place with historical buildings.

Is the park free to enter for the general public?

Thanks
5 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Supercooled wrote: HI, I just came across this place with historical buildings.

Is the park free to enter for the general public?

Thanks
Free to individuals and families for General Admission every Tuesday after 2 p.m. (not valid for March Break or Special Events).
You have to pay for parking.

http://www.blackcreek.ca/v2/visit/admission.dot
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
Other than the special Tue. time, there is admission fee. Lots of schools take children there for school trips.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: Is the park free to enter for the general public?
It's not really a park - more like a living history museum.

Upper Canada Village out near Ottawa is the same thing - very good attraction if you're out that way as well - perhaps better than Black Creek.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
coolspot wrote:

Upper Canada Village out near Ottawa is the same thing - very good attraction if you're out that way as well - perhaps better than Black Creek.

Back when I was in elementary school a long long time ago we went on field trip to midland Ontario where they also had a historical grounds of sorts. It was full of old bars and homes from o guess the dame period. Can't remember the name of it but wouldn't mind revisiting.

I guess I'll have to see if Tuesday works for me and but other times they charge $15 per adult which seems a little high for essentially a farm ground with old buildings.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1423 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote:
coolspot wrote:

Back when I was in elementary school a long long time ago we went on field trip to midland Ontario where they also had a historical grounds of sorts. It was full of old bars and homes from o guess the dame period. Can't remember the name of it but wouldn't mind revisiting.

I guess I'll have to see if Tuesday works for me and but other times they charge $15 per adult which seems a little high for essentially a farm ground with old buildings.
The place is Midland is Saint Marie among the Hurons: http://www.saintemarieamongthehurons.on.ca/sm/en/Home/

If you live in Toronto, the library also has free passes available for Black Creek at 32 of their branches: http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/muse ... 32branches

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)