Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Black & Decker HG1300 Dual Temp Heat Gun - $20- Amazon.ca

  • Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2015 1:49 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2009
1048 posts
573 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Black & Decker HG1300 Dual Temp Heat Gun - $20- Amazon.ca

Black & Decker HG1300 Dual Temp Heat Gun - $20- Amazon.ca

Looks good price compare to Amazon.com, not sure really useful item.

http://www.amazon.ca/Black-Decker-HG130 ... ab_pd_mg_1
6 replies
Member
Nov 25, 2013
262 posts
38 upvotes
I just got a condo and I am starting to do housework, as a newbie...

I am wondering why this thing is good for "stripping paint"? I don't quite understand it.
Jr. Member
Mar 18, 2012
118 posts
51 upvotes
Halifax
bookmate wrote: I just got a condo and I am starting to do housework, as a newbie...

I am wondering why this thing is good for "stripping paint"? I don't quite understand it.
It can lift paint from wood/metal, particularly oil paint. Be careful it's easy to burn the wood and it's a slow process. It heats the paint which turns it soft, then using a metal paint scrapper it'll lift 95% of it right off the wood. You'll need to scrape or sand the remaining 5% but if you have something old with 7 layers of paint it's a real time saver.
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
bookmate wrote: I just got a condo and I am starting to do housework, as a newbie...

I am wondering why this thing is good for "stripping paint"? I don't quite understand it.
I used to have an inexpensive heat gun, and then I got one with various temp settings:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/ht3500- ... ool/939812

It has a dozen or so heat settings and can supposedly be used to bend plastic pipes or various other tasks. I've only used it once and found the precise temp control made it uesful in that I did not overheat the material, which used to happen a lot with my cheaper heat gun. Food for thought...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
13358 posts
12123 upvotes
dotsthewarlock wrote: @OP this is regular price.
Also available at BB for $20

http://m.bestbuy.ca/defaultpage.aspx?la ... lang=en-CA

Got one several weeks ago to "solder" a new replacement micro USB port
How was it to solder surface mount component?
Are you using a special tip to narrow the heat at a small area?
This heat gun will melt the solder of the nearby component.

Top