Globe LED Smart Plugs 4-pack : $19.99
Images
  • cd27968eca7db68c0d310a9fa9d7d8a1.png
38 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1968 posts
491 upvotes
Wish Costco or Amazon would give similar price. Guess I'm going into CT this week.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1170 posts
142 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
smart bulbs can be controlled via wifi through an app on your phone or a central smart home hub aka bridge
Mar 3, 2017
424 posts
199 upvotes
Woodstock
Do these bulbs need THIS hub or a separate app to work? I have a bunch of Sengeld’s already running, and if I have to run a separate hub or app, I’m out, no matter HOT hot it is! Haha... still, great deal!

*edit* suppose I should learn to read better.... “no hub required” haha... sorry!
Mar 5, 2018
306 posts
261 upvotes
Montreal
what's the difference between these two and which is better? Globe Smart Plugs 3-Pack : $19.99 or Globe LED Smart Plugs 4-pack : $19.99
Sep 24, 2004
738 posts
322 upvotes
Scarborough
hammouz wrote: what's the difference between these two and which is better? Globe Smart Plugs 3-Pack : $19.99 or Globe LED Smart Plugs 4-pack : $19.99
Seems like op has a typo, it should read:

Globe Smart Plugs 3-Pack : $19.99 or

Globe LED Smart plugs bulbs 4-pack : $19.99
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2264 posts
1700 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't recommend the bulbs. I have 2, one of which I've had for about 3 months and use about 6hrs every day. Just recently, it started to flicker. It fixed itself after a few cycles of turning on and off, but I question its longevity. I also have one of the plugs and have no issues with that yet. Nice thing about these plugs is that they're rated for 15A. I have a space heater plugged into it and have it start and stop on a timer to warm up my room every morning before getting up. Works great so far.
Oct 31, 2007
3456 posts
517 upvotes
Thanks OP will pick up some plugs. They go on sale quite often for $10 each so $20 for 3 is pretty good. I use the one I have for a lamp in the living room, works well with Google Home. We've had to move it to the Christmas Tree now. Kids like asking Google to turn on the Christmas Tree!

First plug I purchased I had a heck of a time syncing it to the app, in fact it never did sync. Ended up returning it and the replacement worked fine.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3615 posts
3709 upvotes
Vancouver
I have one Globe smart bulb and one Globe smart plug, both from CT, had them for around 6 months. They both work fine. I use them with the Tuya Smart Life app rather than Globe's own app to avoid app clutter I use them with the app, with IFTTT, and with Home Assistant locally.

Strangely the bulb can be controlled locally without an internet connection, while the switch can't.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1861 posts
424 upvotes
Vaughan
Question for those with smart bulbs. I bought a pack of these Globe ones from CT since they were on sale. Haven't opened the box b/c I'm not sure if I want to keep them and CT won't let me get a refund on open box.

In my rooms I have smart switches but one room doesn't have a neutral so I can't add a smart switch into that room (the room I wanted it in the most). I have a dumb dimmer and I want to add these smart bulbs. For them to work, does the switch always have to be ON? It's a bedroom so when it's bedtime, how do we shut the lights off but keep the switch ON so that the bulbs are still connected (without a phone or Google home in the area)? It's looking like these may not be a good smart switch replacement.
Nov 11, 2015
76 posts
46 upvotes
Brampton, ON
i bought both, going to try my hand at smart home stuff this year, and these will work with the echo dot which was $30. Seems like a killer deal for voice activated... everything.
Nov 29, 2019
2 posts
Has anyone tried the plugs? Do they disconnect a lot? I've had problems with cheaper ones in the past.
Apr 7, 2019
690 posts
845 upvotes
d_source wrote: Haven't opened the box b/c I'm not sure if I want to keep them and CT won't let me get a refund on open box.
CT will refund an open box. At counter say that all plugs are not working.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)