[Primecables.ca] Black Friday Deals for PrimeCables/123ink/Living.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 8:25 pm
[OP]
Jan 28, 2018
941 posts
1469 upvotes
Toronto, ON
coriolis wrote: I missed the CanPar delivery, the note doesn't state a pickup location, nor a phone number. It says to go to the website but the website tracking doesn't offer any more information. There is no phone number provided either.

Do they attempt a second delivery?
For me CanPar has tried twice more after a missed delivery. But obviously because of how different the drivers can be, YMMV
Last edited by michelangelo88 on Dec 5th, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
May 16, 2013
84 posts
44 upvotes
Maple Ridge
I ordered one of the $10 Keurigs and just got a refund today, despite having received the item days ago... Free coffee maker? Same thing actually happened to me at Staples this black Friday too... Bought a fire stick for in-store pickup, picked it up, then had my order cancelled and refunded the next day.
Oct 24, 2005
965 posts
237 upvotes
Calgary
alepolo101 wrote: I ordered one of the $10 Keurigs and just got a refund today, despite having received the item days ago... Free coffee maker? Same thing actually happened to me at Staples this black Friday too... Bought a fire stick for in-store pickup, picked it up, then had my order cancelled and refunded the next day.
I got a call from Shopper+ that the unit is being recalled. They are emailing shipping labels to retrun the product. I couldn't find any recall details online though.
Jan 8, 2015
397 posts
221 upvotes
coriolis wrote: I missed the CanPar delivery, the note doesn't state a pickup location, nor a phone number. It says to go to the website but the website tracking doesn't offer any more information. There is no phone number provided either.

Do they attempt a second delivery?
CanPar drops off my packages to a local convenience store when a delivery is missed. All small packages of course. The delivery guy put a sticker with the address and name of the convenience store on the missed delivery notice.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6176 posts
2292 upvotes
RuLa Of Da WoRlD wrote: I got a call from Shopper+ that the unit is being recalled. They are emailing shipping labels to retrun the product. I couldn't find any recall details online though.
Me also. The person who called was deliberately vague - mumbled something about safety.

They refunded the $10 + tax to my credit card and gave me a $10 credit to my account as a good will gesture (with out me asking).
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4409 posts
987 upvotes
Wat
plymouthhater wrote: Me also. The person who called was deliberately vague - mumbled something about safety.

They refunded the $10 + tax to my credit card and gave me a $10 credit to my account as a good will gesture (with out me asking).
The person who called me said it was a safety issue with those coffee makers with hot water splashing back and potentially causing burns.
The question is, are we obligated to send it back? I'm willing to take the chance using it.. lol
[OP]
Jan 28, 2018
941 posts
1469 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wiseman wrote: The person who called me said it was a safety issue with those coffee makers with hot water splashing back and potentially causing burns.
The question is, are we obligated to send it back? I'm willing to take the chance using it.. lol
As someone who has had a nespresso capsule explode on me (my hand rather) because of a faulty machine, I wouldn't risk it.
That said, at worst, they'll take the $10/$20 back.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1514 posts
988 upvotes
michelangelo88 wrote: Also about how much load their servers can handle, case in point Costco.

EDIT: Wait. What 9c cable?
I got a USB A to mini USB cable for a dime (after the one cent PST) on Monday and also 100 straws got shipped out today and is expected tomorrow morning, also for a dime. I live near the Richmond fulfillment centre so it's next day delivery (with CP Expedited Parcels) after shipment.

Still waiting on another shipment to get sent out soon...
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12177 posts
1684 upvotes
Kanata
I got the $0.09 micro usb cable, the 30w PD wall charger ($10), the combo micro USB/USB-C and USB-A/C cable which is supposed to be good for 60w PD for $3, the 4000mAh power bank for $3, and a short 50cm USB-A to USB-C cable for $0.99. Delivered 2 days ago by Canada Post. Not a crazy haul but I'm happy getting what I wanted.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1514 posts
988 upvotes
@Quickman The price of 50 straws and 100 straws were the same price of $0.09 + taxes. The link from their Black Friday page defaults to the 50 straws, you needed to manually select the 100 straws to get 100 straws.

Just pointing it out even when you already deleted your post within the minute you made it (it already arrived in my email account's inbox).
Jan 8, 2015
397 posts
221 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: @Quickman The price of 50 straws and 100 straws were the same price of $0.09 + taxes. The link from their Black Friday page defaults to the 50 straws, you needed to manually select the 100 straws to get 100 straws.

Just pointing it out even when you already deleted your post within the minute you made it (it already arrived in my email account's inbox).
Lol damn, what a fail! Thanks for pointing it out. I was thinking before I deleted my post that maybe I missed it so I best wait to see what you get. Oh well, only straws. :P
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1514 posts
988 upvotes
Quickman wrote: Lol damn, what a fail! Thanks for pointing it out. I was thinking before I deleted my post that maybe I missed it so I best wait to see what you get. Oh well, only straws. :P
I honestly don't know why I purchased straws anyway.... I don't really need them or want them but it was 9 cents.... I almost missed the 100 straws part but was playing with the options and then noticed that the 100 straws one was the same price, almost thought I was too sleepy.

I'll know by tomorrow (typically CP delivers around 10 in the morning) if I got 50 or 100 straws... Hopefully they shipped me the right one!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2002
4174 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
I got a call which I missed, they left a VM, later I noticed I was credited back via paypal and when I log into the account I have a $10 credit !
Any suggestions on what we can besides straws lol... with tax and shipping I believe the max we can spend is $2.90 in Ontario, otherwise there is free shipping over $49
Aug 11, 2006
190 posts
18 upvotes
Canada
Wiseman wrote: The person who called me said it was a safety issue with those coffee makers with hot water splashing back and potentially causing burns.
Let us know if you do decide on using it and the result!

I got the same call and yes, when I asked, they also said it was a safety issue regarding the K-Cup needle (?) not adequately puncturing the K-Cup and resulting in hot water overspilling.

Aside from potential scalding/burns to your person, I'm wondering if it might be an electrical hazard too if the hot water, over time as it spills, abrades the power cord and so on, so forth.

Perhaps it isn't wise to try it after all!

On the phone, they merely offered the full refund but later, I got an email with the refund and also a $10 credit toward the site. No email regarding how to ship it back has reached me yet however.