Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

Black Friday Deals for PrimeCables/123ink/Living.ca

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 8:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6442 posts
2825 upvotes
RuLa Of Da WoRlD wrote: I got a call from Shopper+ that the unit is being recalled. They are emailing shipping labels to retrun the product. I couldn't find any recall details online though.
Me also. The person who called was deliberately vague - mumbled something about safety.

They refunded the $10 + tax to my credit card and gave me a $10 credit to my account as a good will gesture (with out me asking).
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4687 posts
1165 upvotes
Wat
plymouthhater wrote: Me also. The person who called was deliberately vague - mumbled something about safety.

They refunded the $10 + tax to my credit card and gave me a $10 credit to my account as a good will gesture (with out me asking).
The person who called me said it was a safety issue with those coffee makers with hot water splashing back and potentially causing burns.
The question is, are we obligated to send it back? I'm willing to take the chance using it.. lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 28, 2018
1170 posts
3014 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wiseman wrote: The person who called me said it was a safety issue with those coffee makers with hot water splashing back and potentially causing burns.
The question is, are we obligated to send it back? I'm willing to take the chance using it.. lol
As someone who has had a nespresso capsule explode on me (my hand rather) because of a faulty machine, I wouldn't risk it.
That said, at worst, they'll take the $10/$20 back.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2052 posts
1486 upvotes
michelangelo88 wrote: Also about how much load their servers can handle, case in point Costco.

EDIT: Wait. What 9c cable?
I got a USB A to mini USB cable for a dime (after the one cent PST) on Monday and also 100 straws got shipped out today and is expected tomorrow morning, also for a dime. I live near the Richmond fulfillment centre so it's next day delivery (with CP Expedited Parcels) after shipment.

Still waiting on another shipment to get sent out soon...
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12302 posts
1847 upvotes
Kanata
I got the $0.09 micro usb cable, the 30w PD wall charger ($10), the combo micro USB/USB-C and USB-A/C cable which is supposed to be good for 60w PD for $3, the 4000mAh power bank for $3, and a short 50cm USB-A to USB-C cable for $0.99. Delivered 2 days ago by Canada Post. Not a crazy haul but I'm happy getting what I wanted.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2052 posts
1486 upvotes
@Quickman The price of 50 straws and 100 straws were the same price of $0.09 + taxes. The link from their Black Friday page defaults to the 50 straws, you needed to manually select the 100 straws to get 100 straws.

Just pointing it out even when you already deleted your post within the minute you made it (it already arrived in my email account's inbox).
Sr. Member
Jan 8, 2015
800 posts
508 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: @Quickman The price of 50 straws and 100 straws were the same price of $0.09 + taxes. The link from their Black Friday page defaults to the 50 straws, you needed to manually select the 100 straws to get 100 straws.

Just pointing it out even when you already deleted your post within the minute you made it (it already arrived in my email account's inbox).
Lol damn, what a fail! Thanks for pointing it out. I was thinking before I deleted my post that maybe I missed it so I best wait to see what you get. Oh well, only straws. :P
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2052 posts
1486 upvotes
Quickman wrote: Lol damn, what a fail! Thanks for pointing it out. I was thinking before I deleted my post that maybe I missed it so I best wait to see what you get. Oh well, only straws. :P
I honestly don't know why I purchased straws anyway.... I don't really need them or want them but it was 9 cents.... I almost missed the 100 straws part but was playing with the options and then noticed that the 100 straws one was the same price, almost thought I was too sleepy.

Image

I'll know by tomorrow (typically CP delivers around 10 in the morning) if I got 50 or 100 straws... Hopefully they shipped me the right one!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 13, 2002
4187 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
I got a call which I missed, they left a VM, later I noticed I was credited back via paypal and when I log into the account I have a $10 credit !
Any suggestions on what we can besides straws lol... with tax and shipping I believe the max we can spend is $2.90 in Ontario, otherwise there is free shipping over $49
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 11, 2006
191 posts
18 upvotes
Canada
Wiseman wrote: The person who called me said it was a safety issue with those coffee makers with hot water splashing back and potentially causing burns.
The question is, are we obligated to send it back? I'm willing to take the chance using it.. lol
Let us know if you do decide on using it and the result!

I got the same call and yes, when I asked, they also said it was a safety issue regarding the K-Cup needle (?) not adequately puncturing the K-Cup and resulting in hot water overspilling.

Aside from potential scalding/burns to your person, I'm wondering if it might be an electrical hazard too if the hot water, over time as it spills, abrades the power cord and so on, so forth.

Perhaps it isn't wise to try it after all!

On the phone, they merely offered the full refund but later, I got an email with the refund and also a $10 credit toward the site. No email regarding how to ship it back has reached me yet however.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4687 posts
1165 upvotes
Wat
Aspyred wrote: Let us know if you do decide on using it and the result!

I got the same call and yes, when I asked, they also said it was a safety issue regarding the K-Cup needle (?) not adequately puncturing the K-Cup and resulting in hot water overspilling.

Aside from potential scalding/burns to your person, I'm wondering if it might be an electrical hazard too if the hot water, over time as it spills, abrades the power cord and so on, so forth.

Perhaps it isn't wise to try it after all!

On the phone, they merely offered the full refund but later, I got an email with the refund and also a $10 credit toward the site. No email regarding how to ship it back has reached me yet however.

I would only keep it if I won't lose the refund and the credit which they already gave me.

I have the larger k-cup coffee maker from last year ($9.99 last year, this year $19.99) and am very happy with it.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4687 posts
1165 upvotes
Wat
Anyone get a shipping label yet for the coffee maker?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)