• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2016 8:13 pm
[OP]
Nov 22, 2016
4 posts

Black Friday Hack for Cellphones

Hey Guys!

I thought I would share this as I was talking to a manager the other day and this really was interesting and thought I would share.

I was shopping around for cellphones this black friday and I was shopping inside of a Loblaw's, I stopped by The Mobile Shop and I just walked in to see what they had, the manager who was there at the time was talking to me and he was talking about the black friday promotions that they were going to have, and they all seem to be the same as everyone else. But the upside to this is that it's not going to be busy there, so there is no waiting for 1 hour to get service, and the deals that the manager were telling me about were honestly better than other places like Walmart or BestBuy. For one the manager there said he's not going to be charging sim cards that day when customers buy phones, they price match and can even beat deals from those stores.

If anyone is interested I highly recommend them they are located in 5970 McLaughlin road inside of the Loblaws. Hope this help you guys out for the ones getting cellphones black friday.

Cheers!
7 replies
Apr 18, 2008
19 posts
6Kilos wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 11:57 am
Hey Guys!

I thought I would share this as I was talking to a manager the other day and this really was interesting and thought I would share.

I was shopping around for cellphones this black friday and I was shopping inside of a Loblaw's, I stopped by The Mobile Shop and I just walked in to see what they had, the manager who was there at the time was talking to me and he was talking about the black friday promotions that they were going to have, and they all seem to be the same as everyone else. But the upside to this is that it's not going to be busy there, so there is no waiting for 1 hour to get service, and the deals that the manager were telling me about were honestly better than other places like Walmart or BestBuy. For one the manager there said he's not going to be charging sim cards that day when customers buy phones, they price match and can even beat deals from those stores.

If anyone is interested I highly recommend them they are located in 5970 McLaughlin road inside of the Loblaws. Hope this help you guys out for the ones getting cellphones black friday.

Cheers!
Good idea.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1884 posts
372 upvotes
m4r 1k8
also I'm pretty sure apple does not charge for SIM cards lol
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3779 posts
165 upvotes
What are the deals he was telling you about?
[OP]
Nov 22, 2016
4 posts
Justin wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 6:39 pm
What are the deals he was telling you about?
I didn't ask for everything, but for Koodo he said that the S6 will most likely drop to 0$ on a medium tab with them, also I know that the Fido G5 he was telling me about will be 0 on a plus 15 plan plus it comes with a 200$ Gift card plus they have a $50 trade in bonus for fido.

He was a really informative and genuine guy, I would recommended giving his store a call and ask to speak to him. His store number is 905 502 9759 his name was Cameron
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39422 posts
5822 upvotes
King City
Good info - I'll stick with my Corp plan with unlimited data though. In the market for upgrading the phone. 3 year term, but won't be paying more than $56.50 monthly.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Nov 22, 2016
4 posts
djemzine wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 9:17 pm
Good info - I'll stick with my Corp plan with unlimited data though. In the market for upgrading the phone. 3 year term, but won't be paying more than $56.50 monthly.
Yea nothing beats corporate plans, but regular consumers like me have no other option :(
[OP]
Nov 22, 2016
4 posts
also anyone who is also interested, I gave the manager a call today, and he told me that they have a no tax event tomorrow, so ill defiantly be stopping by tomorrow.