Expired Hot Deals

Black Friday Plex Pass LIFETIME $70 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 12:18 pm
69 replies
Sep 22, 2019
54 posts
63 upvotes
Wasn't there something last time where people chose a different currency and the exchange worked out to an even better price?
Nov 10, 2019
83 posts
78 upvotes
duhastvielgeweint wrote: Wasn't there something last time where people chose a different currency and the exchange worked out to an even better price?
Go to the link, that is how it is 70. Originally 90
Carpe Diem!
Sep 27, 2007
346 posts
461 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
I though about it in the past but changed my mind as they keep ignoring what users want implemented..simples features like the sharing of playlists etc...And they are pushing for VR that maybe only 5% will use.
Nov 27, 2014
77 posts
30 upvotes
Dryden, ON
Just setting up a NAS for the first time which will include a plex server. Is this worth having?
Dec 11, 2008
407 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
psgamer18 wrote: Just setting up a NAS for the first time which will include a plex server. Is this worth having?
It makes it much easier for you.
I have a QNAP NAS that's running Plex. I can add content and I don't have to worry about syncing or refreshing the content. Plus, being able to remotely access the content is great.
Dec 11, 2008
407 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
duhastvielgeweint wrote: Ah you're right. 375 BRL comes to around 91 CAD
How are you seeing it for that low?

I'm getting R499.99.

Never mind, I used SURVIVETHESEASON as a coupon code and got it to $91CDN.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1082 posts
604 upvotes
What is the big appeal of plex pass again?

I've been using plex server for free for years, watching my own content over different devices. I have purchased Android app license and I can use it on my phones anywhere I go. That's pretty much what I use it for.

What does plex pass offer other than DVR of free local content? I don't have antenna and tuner to ingest lpc content over the air, and don't see the point either as I don't see much local content that I want to watch over what I already get on Netflix, Disney + or prime video... Anything I'm missing on plex pass?
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1593 posts
356 upvotes
number17 wrote: What is the big appeal of plex pass again?

I've been using plex server for free for years, watching my own content over different devices. I have purchased Android app license and I can use it on my phones anywhere I go. That's pretty much what I use it for.

What does plex pass offer other than DVR of free local content? I don't have antenna and tuner to ingest lpc content over the air, and don't see the point either as I don't see much local content that I want to watch over what I already get on Netflix, Disney + or prime video... Anything I'm missing on plex pass?
I think most people want the hardware transcode. There are other options (Emby and Jellyfin) but Plex is probably the easiest solution.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1503 posts
740 upvotes
GTA
malaujai wrote: I think most people want the hardware transcode. There are other options (Emby and Jellyfin) but Plex is probably the easiest solution.
Yup ^^
Also don't have to pay to watch stuff on any device..
Dec 13, 2012
805 posts
556 upvotes
TORONTO
Question for Plex pros. I stream movies/shows from my DS218+ to my Nvidia Shield TV and occasionally the video gets choppy or buffers. Will getting a Plex Pass and enabling HW Transcoding help with smoother playback? Wasn't sure if it was a networking or transcoding issue. Thanks.
Aug 20, 2017
35 posts
76 upvotes
i tried the brazil trick but it's just isnt working for me, always say that the country is different then the one for paypal. There must be an other requirement that is never mentioned.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1460 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
lbmeyer wrote: Question for Plex pros. I stream movies/shows from my DS218+ to my Nvidia Shield TV and occasionally the video gets choppy or buffers. Will getting a Plex Pass and enabling HW Transcoding help with smoother playback? Wasn't sure if it was a networking or transcoding issue. Thanks.
Some questions to ask -

Are you running Wifi/Hard Wired?
What type of containers, and file codecs are most of your video files? (4k?)
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1460 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
xtrmDeals wrote: I'm getting $91 CA$. Not $70.
Title says $70 USD which is $91 CAD. Really good price if you are planning on buying a plex pass at some point.
Dec 18, 2012
87 posts
89 upvotes
North York
jsrfuture wrote: i tried the brazil trick but it's just isnt working for me, always say that the country is different then the one for paypal. There must be an other requirement that is never mentioned.
This worked for me a few days ago but they may have fixed the glitch - you can pay with a credit card but leave the country as Brazil and it should work.
Dec 13, 2012
805 posts
556 upvotes
TORONTO
Bleachway wrote: Some questions to ask -

Are you running Wifi/Hard Wired?
What type of containers, and file codecs are most of your video files? (4k?)
I'm using a TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Adapter and files are usually in x265 format (some 4k)
xtrmDeals wrote: I'm getting $91 CA$. Not $70.
OP said $70 USD, so about $91 CA
Oct 14, 2017
900 posts
945 upvotes
Bleachway wrote: Title says $70 USD which is $91 CAD. Really good price if you are planning on buying a plex pass at some point.
lbmeyer wrote: I'm using a TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Adapter and files are usually in x265 format (some 4k)
OP said $70 USD, so about $91 CA
Thanks. I really need to learn to read before opening my mouth.
Feb 14, 2006
549 posts
479 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
lbmeyer wrote: Question for Plex pros. I stream movies/shows from my DS218+ to my Nvidia Shield TV and occasionally the video gets choppy or buffers. Will getting a Plex Pass and enabling HW Transcoding help with smoother playback? Wasn't sure if it was a networking or transcoding issue. Thanks.
HW transcoding is free on that no Plex pass is needed when running the server on Nvidia shield, unless it's a brand new shield that won't run the server app.

IMO it's an Audio problem. It's always that audio conversion that needs some cpu juice.