• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2014 11:48 pm
[OP]
Nov 23, 2016
100 posts
58 upvotes
London

Black Friday Strategy

I've done a few Boxing Days but never a Black Friday. Specifically Best Buy, when I went maybe six years ago, I went at around 11pm the night before and I was maybe 20th in line. Is Black Friday as intense as that? I want to pick up a TV from Best Buy this Friday and the doors open at 6am. Do I need to stay overnight to ensure I get my deal or can I get away with showing up at around 4?
8 replies
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2674 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
if you wanna pick up the 50" panny from best buy for $200, you will have to be there Thursday morning latest to be able to have a chance at it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8748 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto
staying up overnight for any deal is stupid...
[OP]
Nov 23, 2016
100 posts
58 upvotes
London
Nah I'm gunning more for one of the pricier TVs. Specifically the Samsung Curved 4K.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8748 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto
Haris wrote: if you wanna pick up the 50" panny from best buy for $200, you will have to be there Thursday morning latest to be able to have a chance at it.
that $200 50" TV is only available in U.S.

Canada doesn't have good enough Black Friday deals, and nothing worth staying in line overnight for. except for some years when computer/electronics retailers have exceptionally good BF deals, but those are rare.
clim88 wrote: It's fun though.
well if you don't have work/school or other obligations then i suppose it's not too bad
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1843 upvotes
Ajax
Geez, I thought RFDers were smarter than this. More than half of these supposed deals are nothing more than we see in weekly flyer rotations. It is a joke. For electronics, "deals" can be had any day if you know where to shop and its not at BB or FS. Most of the TV giveaways are last years' models being cleared out.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3386 posts
1057 upvotes
Yeah if you're really patient you can find better deals throughout the year. BF is just good for a lot of stuff on sale at once but only a couple things are REALLY good prices.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
clim88 wrote: Nah I'm gunning more for one of the pricier TVs. Specifically the Samsung Curved 4K.
I wouldn't be surprised if you could get the same deal tomorrow, or next Wednesday... I just can't imagine those TV's selling well. even on boxing day, a tv like that isn't going to sell out unless stock is extremely limited.