Expired Hot Deals

VirginMobile.ca

BlackBerry Curve 9300 0$,$150 Tab, $125 Gift Card, No Contract On Virgin Mobile At FS

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 6:47 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10748 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto

[VirginMobile.ca] BlackBerry Curve 9300 0$,$150 Tab, $125 Gift Card, No Contract On Virgin Mobile At FS

Future Shop has the same deal that BB had last weekend, but it appears good for the whole week.
BlackBerry Curve 9300, it's an older model, but for $0, with a $150 Tab, and an instant $125 gift card as per page 13 of the new flyer. On Virgin Mobile Tab amount is paid down by 10% of each monthly bill. Also no connection charge, no contract, cancel anytime by paying off the tab owing and keep the phone.

Update: This deal has been extended, it is in the new Future Shop flyer ending 3/1/12
76 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2004
1603 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
can u pay off the tab using the gift card?

also how much woukld iut be for the min plan thanks
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
6187 posts
3468 upvotes
thesk8man wrote: can u pay off the tab using the gift card?

also how much woukld iut be for the min plan thanks

Cannot use gift card to pay off tab because you owe Virgin Mobile the money, not Future Shop.

Minimum plan is $20/month and you're required to pay that at least once before cancelling.

In order to cancel, call Virgin Mobile after 14 days upon activation. They'll bill you $150 + $20 plus tax. Therefore it is recommended to cancel before the 30 days are up.
Banned
User avatar
Jul 8, 2011
2945 posts
466 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: On Virgin Mobile Tab amount is paid down by 10% of each monthly bill.
So, on the $20 a month plan, it would take you 75 months (over 6 years) to pay off this phone? :facepalm:
-
Waiting for something good
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2012
2756 posts
563 upvotes
Ottawa
DaWinman wrote: So, on the $20 a month plan, it would take you 75 months (over 6 years) to pay off this phone? :facepalm:
That's why I'm assuming most people like me are going to cancel after 14 days, pay off the debt and switch to a different carrier or plan. You end up paying maybe $60 for the phone in the end which is a great price. Unlocking the phone is also free now at freemyblackberry, just follow the instructions and choose the option to wait 18-24 hours for the unlock code.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10748 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto
DaWinman wrote: So, on the $20 a month plan, it would take you 75 months (over 6 years) to pay off this phone? :facepalm:
I guess the gift cards are an important aspect. I can't see anyone doing a deal like this without at least $75 in GC's.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2007
3779 posts
1012 upvotes
Scarborough
Looks like they really want to clear these things out. Comes out to about $67.09 when it's all said and done.
Newbie
Jan 2, 2009
6 posts
2 upvotes
Waterloo
I did the same type of thing with Koodo for a Curve 9300 back in December when they were offering a $100 gift card. I cancelled my account and paid off the tab with no problem. About a week after I cancelled my account the phone started having battery issues. Both Futureshop and RIM directed me to Koodo for a repair, but Koodo would have nothing to do with it. They claim that the warranty is no longer valid when you cancel your account. I basically had a Koodo manager tell me that I was trying to rip them off to get a cheap phone, and they would not honour the warranty.

I'm not sure if the Virgin warranty is the same, but you may want to check out their policy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2012
2756 posts
563 upvotes
Ottawa
cmutter79 wrote: I did the same type of thing with Koodo for a Curve 9300 back in December when they were offering a $100 gift card. I cancelled my account and paid off the tab with no problem. About a week after I cancelled my account the phone started having battery issues. Both Futureshop and RIM directed me to Koodo for a repair, but Koodo would have nothing to do with it. They claim that the warranty is no longer valid when you cancel your account. I basically had a Koodo manager tell me that I was trying to rip them off to get a cheap phone, and they would not honour the warranty.

I'm not sure if the Virgin warranty is the same, but you may want to check out their policy.
Wonder why RIM wouldn't handle the problem since it's their product @[email protected]
I don't seem to have any problems with my phone yet but I'll take a look at VM's policy

Took a look at their policy about warranty.
"Virgin Mobile does not manufacture its Devices or other equipment. The only warranties that exist are those extended by the manufacturers. We have no liability in connection with the Devices or other equipment or for the manufacturers' acts or omissions except to the extent that this disclaimer is expressly prohibited by any law to which Virgin Mobile is subject"
Also for anyone who has unlocked their phone or anyone planning to unlock their phone
"Unlocking a Device may void the manufacturer's warranty and Virgin Mobile won't provide a warranty or any return policy for the unlocked Device."
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2923 posts
412 upvotes
Montreal
Phone unlocking does not void any warranties as you are unlocking from a specific carrier and does not damage the phone. It's a ploy from the telcos to keep you around since most ppl don't want to buy another phone.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2007
4967 posts
3087 upvotes
Don't you get extended warranty through most CC's?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2012
2756 posts
563 upvotes
Ottawa
RiCHC3 wrote: Don't you get extended warranty through most CC's?
The phone is free since you walk out paying FS/BB $0
Only people you pay are VM and that's just for the phone service and not the actual device, so I don't think extended warranty with CC will work. I could be wrong though
Banned
User avatar
Jul 8, 2011
2945 posts
466 upvotes
Kwonie wrote: That's why I'm assuming most people like me are going to cancel after 14 days
I know, I was just outlining the inherent insanity of the "tab" plans.
-
Waiting for something good
Newbie
Nov 26, 2006
48 posts
20 upvotes
petern87 wrote: you can get $111 at cardswap.ca

Thanks for your help do they send you a check or pay you on a c.c.
Member
Aug 26, 2011
446 posts
410 upvotes
Niagara Falls
looks like they'll send you a cheque few days after your card is validated.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7671 posts
5172 upvotes
Canada
flamez1000 wrote: Looks like they really want to clear these things out. Comes out to about $67.09 when it's all said and done.

$53 in Alberta! :razz:

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)