[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1148 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto

blackberry or not is the question

Greetings all,

I know you all have opinions - this is good - so I need to hear some. I am breaking down and getting a new cell phone. Actually, more like I haaaaave to.... I have no ideas what I want or need or why..... Seemingly, Blackberries have the best reception and battery life; and then I can send Es, or not. And flip seems better than slide; Motorola and Nokia best phones. But it keeps coming back to the Blackberry. It would be great to hear about some of your experiences; yay or nay or....

THAAAANX
15 replies
Dec 5, 2007
470 posts
34 upvotes
Hamilton
I just recently picked up a Nokia N95 8GB from Rogers (through TSCC deal when it was $79.99 on a 3-year plan) and it's the most incredible phone I've ever used. Although it is a slider, as long as you get one that feels solid, you should be GTG.

Great battery life
Amazing reception
Crystal clear phone call quality
Internal GPS that you DON'T need data in order to operate
5 MP camera
8GB MP3 player
Huge software/user community
etc...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1148 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the info Felks24.

Sounds like a phone worth considering;
I will take a look at it.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1246 posts
9 upvotes
I've used Windows Mobile, Palm OS, and S60 smartphones over the years. I am now using a BlackBerry Bold and I can honestly say it is the best smartphone I have used. It works well and just plain works. There are phones out there that have lots of gee whiz features, but if you're looking to get stuff done quickly there is no better option in my opinion.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1148 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks klam.

That's helpful to hear;
I can live too without the "gee whiz features"...
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1246 posts
9 upvotes
The beauty of the new BlackBerries like the Bold and Storm is that they also have all those "gee whiz" features too! :)
dealiah wrote: Thanks klam.

That's helpful to hear;
I can live too without the "gee whiz features"...
Oct 8, 2005
862 posts
103 upvotes
s620 user WM6 and now a Blackberry user I have never been more happy with a phone in my entire life I dont know why I didnt get a BB sooner its just simply the most amasing phone ever *bold* BBs are rock solid and very reliable and soo convenient!! Get a BB u wont regret it or the N95 is a good choice too. Gl in your search.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2718 posts
189 upvotes
Blackberry also has a Flip Phone but I just can't recall the name.
My Heatware
Jun 2, 2007
701 posts
13 upvotes
Another vote for the Bold. It simply works!

Very solid phone (with .162 firmware)! I've had a lot of phones ranging from Apple, Htc, Nokia, BB, etc. I've come back to BB land and it's great. You will not be disappointed with RIM's ease of use for all your messaging needs!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1096 posts
26 upvotes
I have a blackberry. Iphones and other phones don't even touch in terms of status quo. Just being honest. And I have a curve. Love it but to update get the Bold.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3090 posts
651 upvotes
i love my blackberries... i really dont knw what will do without them now..

the new flip is the pearl flip 8220. it's not bad if you like flip blackberry...

also, rogers decided to reclassify the n95 as a smartphone so, to get the promo price, you now HAVE to add data... that $7 unlimited mobile browsing does not apply anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
5923 posts
155 upvotes
Murica
I love blackberries, but can't stand the pearl and pearl flip.
I love the full keyboard, as I'm still used to it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1148 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks everyone who replied!

I'm still on the fence; wondering about waiting for the flip.
Have 2 more weeks to decide...
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28566 posts
1264 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
If email use will account for more than 40% of your main useage on this new device, then hands down a BB. Furthermore, hands down a full qwerty, IE rules out flip & pearl. Must go Curve or Bold.

HANDS DOWN.

If you are going to focus LESS THAN 39% of email useage, then anything else.

It's as simple as that.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Dec 31, 1969
dealiah wrote: Thanks everyone who replied!

I'm still on the fence; wondering about waiting for the flip.
Have 2 more weeks to decide...
I got the 8220 flip BB just a few hours ago. So far so good, I got the $25 data plan added to my existing voice plan.

I have big hands/big fingers and it was the only phone I found comfortable typing on...

I am just trying to figure out how to turn off the infuriating, so-called predictive text... :razz: