None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1885 upvotes
Cochrane, AB

Blackberry is Not Secure

Blackberry devices have been insecure since at least 2010. Blackberry gave it's global master encryption key to the Canadian RCMP/gov and over 1 million Blackberry messages were intercepted.

So much for the myth of Blackberry "security".

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/14/11434 ... rveillance
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5729 posts
1967 upvotes
Space
As long as you're not being investigated by the RCMP, it's more secure then other platforms.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
567 upvotes
Near Toronto
This has nothing to do with BBM enterprise which is what BBM is mostly used for.
Apr 9, 2016
3 posts
They're talking about the old BBOS, not the current BlackBerry 10, which has been going since 2013. Read up before accusing.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22108 posts
3329 upvotes
Toronto
This is definitely worrisome......

...if you are a BBM user, which I believe most regular consumers are not...lol

So, much ado about nothing since no one really uses BBM since 2010 or earlier.

And this is coming from a BlackBerry supporter!! I use whatsapp mainly for instant messaging....most use Whatsapp or Wechat...

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1885 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
Solsearchin1 wrote: As long as you're not being investigated by the RCMP, it's more secure then other platforms.
I bet Blackberry also gave it's global encryption key to Russia, China, Israel, Saudi Arabia, UK, France, Germany, USA, and Australia. Blackberry just won't say so just like it didn't say anything about Canada. BlackBerry is secure like a bucket without a bottom.

And I think Apple or Windows Phone is more secure than Blackberry. There is nothing more secure about a Blackberry. It's just a myth made up by BlackBerry believers.
Jun 1, 2007
755 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
it was publicly known that CONSUMER bbm always used public keys. it was only enterprise bbm that was considered to be super secure. then when blackberry gave access to consumer bbm to governments like india a few years back everyone got the message that they were providing those public keys.

none of this is new info but it just wasn't talked about in mainstream news. it's different now in the post-snowden era especially with the whole Apple-FBI thing.
Jun 1, 2007
755 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
MonteW wrote: They're talking about the old BBOS, not the current BlackBerry 10, which has been going since 2013. Read up before accusing.

doesn't matter what OS version, it's about bbm.