• Apr 28th, 2016 6:29 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
100 posts
55 upvotes
Montr

[Newegg] BlackBerry Priv STV100-1 32GB 4G LTE Black 399$US

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

BlackBerry Priv STV100-1 32GB 4G LTE Black AT&T GSM Unlocked Slider Cell Phone 5.4" 3GB RAM

I think it's the cheapest price for Blackberry Priv .

US site only .
26 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1299 posts
769 upvotes
Waterloo
Could you post price in title? Does it ship to Canada?
Feb 2, 2015
634 posts
240 upvotes
price is 400 American bucks for those on the mobile phone...

And no, I'd rather get a Xiaomi at that price if I need an Android phone, at least I know Xiaomi will be around in a few years. RIM is lucky to survive even for another 2 years.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
100 posts
55 upvotes
Montr
spammy wrote: price is 400 American bucks for those on the mobile phone...

And no, I'd rather get a Xiaomi at that price if I need an Android phone, at least I know Xiaomi will be around in a few years. RIM is lucky to survive even for another 2 years.
"RIM is lucky to survie even for another 2 years ", do you know how to read the financial report ? blackberry will survive for at least 10 years, they have a very small loss ... heathly business , huge patents porfolios ... you need to read blackberry financial report before posting no sense comment .
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9763 posts
1265 upvotes
GTA
mockingjay wrote: I tried but cannot .
go to "edit" then go to "advanced" .. Most important info is the price and add the "USA" icon in there at least if you can't fit it into the title.
Sep 21, 2008
76 posts
26 upvotes
Spruce Grove, Albert…
That's a good price but I would be a bit worried about getting timely firmware updates for this phone since its AT&T branded.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3536 posts
1599 upvotes
'Shwallywood

LOL After owning 2 flagship Xiaomi's, I've lost faith in their ability to release substantial updates (if that is what you are implying) There are minor monthly improvements, but that's just to patch their already excessively bloated MIUI
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1787 posts
179 upvotes

That's what people have been saying 5 yrs ago (every day since), even the so called "experts/analyst" said in about 1 or 2 yrs they are gone heck even Kevin O'Leary. Apparently this people think they can see the future! But guest what?! they are still around. Of course unless you also can see the future :)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3236 posts
533 upvotes
H0g4n wrote: That's a good price but I would be a bit worried about getting timely firmware updates for this phone since its AT&T branded.
+1. Same problem as the last deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2639 posts
2399 upvotes
Whitby
Waiting to get the priv / playbook for $50 during the firesale. I love my passport, but the prices for these devices are insane.

Save your money and get a product properly supported, updated and readily available applications.

BB isn't dead, but that oxygen tank hooked up to that 95 year old man isn't going to last forever. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep..............
Feb 2, 2015
634 posts
240 upvotes
mockingjay wrote: "RIM is lucky to survie even for another 2 years ", do you know how to read the financial report ? blackberry will survive for at least 10 years, they have a very small loss ... heathly business , huge patents porfolios ... you need to read blackberry financial report before posting no sense comment .
You want to talk about financial statements, let's talk about financial statements:

for Q4, BB's revenue was 487MM, consensus is 563MM
adjusted EPS is 3 cents, which granted is 1 cent above consensus, by comparison Apple had a terrible quarter and its EPS is 3.28
service access fee is approximately declining by 50% YOY (I mean, who wants to use BB these days other than enterprise customers? And even enterprise customers are given up BB for iDevices)

The only shiny bit of their last earnings was software, that was because they purchased a whole bunch of tech firms (Good Technology for example), however there is, again, given how many time RIM has screwed its customers on the software side (Playbook with promised BB10 upgrades, anyone still remember that?), difficult to believe that such growth would be sustainable.

So...did I hear someone saying "healthy business" and I was making nonsense comments?
Aug 8, 2014
456 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dyalect wrote: Waiting to get the priv / playbook for $50 during the firesale. I love my passport, but the prices for these devices are insane.

Save your money and get a product properly supported, updated and readily available applications.

BB isn't dead, but that oxygen tank hooked up to that 95 year old man isn't going to last forever. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep..............
He's gone!

They're trying to harvest his organs and see if any suckers will take them at this point.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
100 posts
55 upvotes
Montr
spammy wrote: You want to talk about financial statements, let's talk about financial statements:

for Q4, BB's revenue was 487MM, consensus is 563MM
adjusted EPS is 3 cents, which granted is 1 cent above consensus, by comparison Apple had a terrible quarter and its EPS is 3.28
service access fee is approximately declining by 50% YOY (I mean, who wants to use BB these days other than enterprise customers? And even enterprise customers are given up BB for iDevices)

The only shiny bit of their last earnings was software, that was because they purchased a whole bunch of tech firms (Good Technology for example), however there is, again, given how many time RIM has screwed its customers on the software side (Playbook with promised BB10 upgrades, anyone still remember that?), difficult to believe that such growth would be sustainable.

So...did I hear someone saying "healthy business" and I was making nonsense comments?
ohhh you said they have EPS at 3 cents .. so they have EPS right ? so can you tell me how can they not survive in 2 years ? by the way Apple EPS is 3.28 but with 539billions market cap and Blackberry with EPS at 3 cents with 3.83Billions market cap ... and still Blackberry reports EPS ... there is a positive earning per share .. and with positive cash flow ... no way that they will disappear in 2 years ...

healthy business means they don't have big debts and everything is under control .. and right now everything is under control for blackberry .
Feb 2, 2015
634 posts
240 upvotes
mockingjay wrote: ohhh you said they have EPS at 3 cents .. so they have EPS right ? so can you tell me how can they not survive in 2 years ? by the way Apple EPS is 3.28 but with 539billions market cap and Blackberry with EPS at 3 cents with 3.83Billions market cap ... and still Blackberry reports EPS ... there is a positive earning per share .. and with positive cash flow ... no way that they will disappear in 2 years ...

healthy business means they don't have big debts and everything is under control .. and right now everything is under control for blackberry .
Feel free to long BBRY, if you make 20% returns in 2 years, good for you, if you lost 20%, feel free to reply back to this thread :)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3371 posts
2288 upvotes
GTA
spammy wrote: Feel free to long BBRY, if you make 20% returns in 2 years, good for you, if you lost 20%, feel free to reply back to this thread :)
If you're so confident in their imminent demise, why not establish a short position for yourself and come back to this thread in 2 years?

Just sayin'.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
100 posts
55 upvotes
Montr
spammy wrote: Feel free to long BBRY, if you make 20% returns in 2 years, good for you, if you lost 20%, feel free to reply back to this thread :)
so if I lost 20% ... do you mean BBRY will survive more than 2 years right ? I should lose all my money because you said blackberry cannot survive more than 2 years .
Jun 25, 2005
652 posts
315 upvotes
Let's just say BB's handset division may not be around for 2 years but BB as a company will continue ... there was recent article regarding using QNX for self driving cars?
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
100 posts
55 upvotes
Montr
hmm we are here to discuss the deal not to discuss the company .. so the deal is it good or not ?