Expired Hot Deals

eBay.ca

BlackBerry Priv Unlocked $299 USD (Free shipping to US address)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2016 10:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5738 posts
1974 upvotes
Space
Why bother posting nonsense? it just makes you look stupid.
Flunk wrote: Good luck getting after sale support, Blackberry is inching closer to bankruptcy every day.
Aug 4, 2008
29 posts
20 upvotes
Terrace
Cisco KId wrote: Still rocking my OPO out and no issues, I will wait till the 4 for the screen as you mentioned. The Priv is a nice phone played around with a co workers but to date I have not had any issues with my OPO so i will stick with it another year, will be one of the longest phones I have ever had, sure it has its quirks but overall I am happy
I loved my OPO... I would still be rocking it if I didn't drop it and smash the screen (dropped it from like 6 ft onto its screen) :(

I was thinking about the HTC 10 or the Samsung S7... but i couldn't resist the Priv at this price point.
Dec 24, 2013
668 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: You will love it. Very fast Android phone with a great curved screen. I really enjoy mine.

Touch sensitivity sucks though , becomes really annoying quick. Even Chen had issues with the screen when trying to demo it in its debut.
May 9, 2006
887 posts
187 upvotes
Mississauga
Question - If you don't slide out keyboard, there will be touch screen OS version keyboard?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8561 posts
3747 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
djjungly wrote: Question - If you don't slide out keyboard, there will be touch screen OS version keyboard?
Yes. It has the Z10/Z30 keyboard, which is a modified version of Swiftkey.
Aug 24, 2009
653 posts
267 upvotes
Mississauga
I was just about to pull the trigger, but got cold feet with worrying about warranty support and DOA. I've had many BBs over 15+ years, and about 1/4 of them needed to be RMA'd through Roger sometime during the warranty period for various reasons. I think I'll wait for it drop a bit more locally for piece of mind, unless others have insight on this that I'm overlooking.

CJ
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11406 posts
4011 upvotes
jblast wrote: Touch sensitivity sucks though , becomes really annoying quick. Even Chen had issues with the screen when trying to demo it in its debut.
I've had no issues there. Only the occasional warm back from heating.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11406 posts
4011 upvotes
djjungly wrote: Question - If you don't slide out keyboard, there will be touch screen OS version keyboard?
Ya. It's the best I've used.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22295 posts
3580 upvotes
Toronto
Well, looks like Blackberry will give itself until Mar 2017 to see if the handset business will be profitable..

So at least there is some time left...buy buy buy!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8561 posts
3747 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
ji2o0k wrote: Well, looks like Blackberry will give itself until Mar 2017 to see if the handset business will be profitable..

Well they have 2 handsets coming. And just my opinion they still won't get out completely. They just won't make their own hardware, but turn into straight up ROM builder like Cyanogenmod, this lines up with the rumour that they are partnering with Alcatel.
May 3, 2009
13 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor
You can't go bankrupt when you have no debt. They have some debentures through Fairfax, but that's it. Learn your facts.
May 3, 2009
13 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor
Flunk wrote: Good luck getting after sale support, Blackberry is inching closer to bankruptcy every day.
See above
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8561 posts
3747 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
cavadiggy wrote: You can't go bankrupt when you have no debt. They have some debentures through Fairfax, but that's it. Learn your facts.
I don't think he cared about the facts, he just cared about trying to look cool. Except ragging on BlackBerry is so played out even XDA doesn't do it anymore (and has a section for the Priv).
Sep 21, 2006
562 posts
115 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote: Well they have 2 handsets coming. And just my opinion they still won't get out completely. They just won't make their own hardware, but turn into straight up ROM builder like Cyanogenmod, this lines up with the rumour that they are partnering with Alcatel.
Yes and the new handsets look pretty sexy. Google Blackberry Vienna, but they're renders of the final product.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11406 posts
4011 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Well, looks like Blackberry will give itself until Mar 2017 to see if the handset business will be profitable..

While I love the PRIV and I'm happy - I'm pretty sure this is my last Blackberry. The new handsets are not higher end like this one was and I won't cheap out on my phone.

$300 US is a great deal for this phone. You will not be disappointed if you buy one.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22295 posts
3580 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: While I love the PRIV and I'm happy - I'm pretty sure this is my last Blackberry. The new handsets are not higher end like this one was and I won't cheap out on my phone.

$300 US is a great deal for this phone. You will not be disappointed if you buy one.
I'll probably pick this one up too...I also like BlackBerry quality phones and don't want a cheaper version..

I have my passport for now and will patiently wait until the PRIV hits the $299 CDN mark to buy...

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2948 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
So this thing is about $440 CDN after taxes and dollar conversion? (for ON)

Damn I'm sooo tempted if true
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8561 posts
3747 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
bluexcrush wrote: Yes and the new handsets look pretty sexy. Google Blackberry Vienna, but they're renders of the final product.
Vienna has long sailed. Replaced by BlackBerry Rome.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2948 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
jetstreamblue wrote: In my experience, items shipped from the US using eBay's Global Shipping Program takes about a week to get to Toronto, I imagine it can't be much more to BC. The seller first ships the item to a distribution center that then completes the customs paperwork and forwards the package to you. Obviously, the faster the seller ships to the distribution center, the faster it is. I found that once it does get there, the forwarding to Canada part is surprisingly quick, like 2-3 days.
Yea but was it from California?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3002 posts
478 upvotes
Quite tempted... But the supposed specs on the Note6/7 are so much better... Trade down for a keyboard?