Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] BlackBerry Priv Unlocked $299 USD (Free shipping to US address)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2016 10:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8530 posts
3721 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Jayhoo wrote: Quite tempted... But the supposed specs on the Note6/7 are so much better... Trade down for a keyboard?
Uhh... the two phones aren't even in the same class. 2016 Flagship vs 2015 Mid-high.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14033 posts
4126 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ToniCipriani wrote: Uhh... the two phones aren't even in the same class. 2016 Flagship vs 2015 Mid-high.
He did say he would be trading down...
Sep 21, 2006
562 posts
115 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote: Vienna has long sailed. Replaced by BlackBerry Rome.
Rome :cheesygri

Thinking of skipping the Priv and waiting for the Rome. Although this is an amazing deal.
Apr 11, 2008
285 posts
74 upvotes
I've been spending some times looking for appropriate cases for the Blackberry Priv. I have always been a fan of a hard shell cases for my previous Blackberry's so this time around I was looking for a hard slide-out shell for the Priv. The majority of the cheap hard cases on Ebay don't mention the "slide-out" component, so I'm suspect if those cases were actually designed with the PRIV in mind as the ad titles suggest, so I didn't bother with them any longer and looked for the official ones. But what's most interesting is that according to this crackberry video (see around the 2:07 mark), as well as the comments on it, the official slide-out hard shell case apparently damages the sides of the phone... So if you guys are looking for a case, it best to go for the leather flip wallet case ones, etc...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8530 posts
3721 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Geist wrote: I've been spending some times looking for appropriate cases for the Blackberry Priv. I have always been a fan of a hard shell cases for my previous Blackberry's so this time around I was looking for a hard slide-out shell for the Priv. The majority of the cheap hard cases on Ebay don't mention the "slide-out" component, so I'm suspect if those cases were actually designed with the PRIV in mind as the ad titles suggest, so I didn't bother with them any longer and looked for the official ones. But what's most interesting is that according to this crackberry video (see around the 2:07 mark), as well as the comments on it, the official slide-out hard shell case apparently damages the sides of the phone... So if you guys are looking for a case, it best to go for the leather flip wallet case ones, etc...
Actually in later versions the "rivets" have been removed and it no longer damages the phone.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2944 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
Still on the fence on this - if only it weren't for it being AT&T damnit!

And that pending Canada Post strike...
Apr 11, 2008
285 posts
74 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote: Actually in later versions the "rivets" have been removed and it no longer damages the phone.
Awesome! Do you happen to have any recommendations for the screen protectors? I've been looking through the crackberry forums, and they're a HUGE hit and a miss... some of them don't fit the entire screen, some have horrible adhesive properties, some of them fail to take into account the curved aspect of the screen, etc.!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8530 posts
3721 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Geist wrote: Awesome! Do you happen to have any recommendations for the screen protectors? I've been looking through the crackberry forums, and they're a HUGE hit and a miss... some of them don't fit the entire screen, some have horrible adhesive properties, some of them fail to take into account the curved aspect of the screen, etc.!
I am using the Sikai black frame glass one, asked a friend to get it on Taobao for me. Many don't like it, I'm okay with it. The edges do feel a tad bit less sensitive as the curvature isn't perfect. Clarity is very good.

But yeah, because of the curved screen it's going to be tough. I actually need to order a new one as I just chipped mine today. Saw on Taobao there's also a new "anti-blue light" one, might get one of those to try.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5729 posts
1967 upvotes
Space
Anymore info on this? Is it a different case revision?
ToniCipriani wrote: Actually in later versions the "rivets" have been removed and it no longer damages the phone.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2944 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
arfin wrote: Damn that is a nice phone, I hope it looks exactly like that when released. Do you have any idea when it will be released?
If the one that comes before it sells poorly, I wouldn't be surprised if this one will never be released sadly.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8530 posts
3721 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
arfin wrote: Damn that is a nice phone, I hope it looks exactly like that when released. Do you have any idea when it will be released?
This is the one John Chen mentioned for "early fall". My uneducated guess says November. The "late summer" phone (Hamburg/Neon) is allegedly being tested by carriers right now, the low-end all-touch.
Apr 30, 2009
213 posts
33 upvotes
H0g4n wrote: It's also an AT&T retail boxed unit, which means no updates until Blackberry finds a workaround for AT&T's locked update system.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articl ... ge=English
I bought an AT&T go sim on ebay for $6, activated for free and started updating my Priv. Though AT&T has not come out with Marshmallow yet...I got all the security updates.
Banned
Apr 22, 2015
884 posts
106 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
BB expect too much on this phone and failed again. Wait a few months, you will see $199 price , and then $99 price tag for this phone.
English is not my first language, please bear with me
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1244 posts
1293 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
I love BB phones as I use it heavily for emails and their combination of email client and keyboard can't be beat. However, after testing the Priv a bit, I couldnt stand the keyboard as it is more compressed. I am surprised nobody has mentioned that in this post. It was untypable for me. Waiting for them to release their regular-sized keyboard.