Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] BlackBerry Priv Unlocked $299 USD (Free shipping to US address)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2016 10:12 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21919 posts
3175 upvotes
Toronto
superxxxstud wrote: I love BB phones as I use it heavily for emails and their combination of email client and keyboard can't be beat. However, after testing the Priv a bit, I couldnt stand the keyboard as it is more compressed. I am surprised nobody has mentioned that in this post. It was untypable for me. Waiting for them to release their regular-sized keyboard.
Interesting...I am so used to the Passport full keyboard that I don't think the Priv or Classic keyboard would be good enough for me..

I wish they would make a Passport equivalent with Android OS but just a pipe dream..i know majority don't like the passport form factor..

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2944 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
bluexcrush wrote: Does Blackberry have a history of delivering within estimated timeframes?
No but the Priv was pretty spot on time-wise
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22150 posts
26017 upvotes
Toronto
Ticco wrote: Still on the fence on this - if only it weren't for it being AT&T damnit!
AT&T rolled out Marshmallow today for their Priv

http://crackberry.com/att-pushes-marshm ... erry-priv?
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54664 posts
19456 upvotes
Nice. My wife just got one from her workplace. Definitely not an AT&T unit.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3869 posts
1737 upvotes
shylok wrote: crazy price, if only they'd started nearer to this pricing they'd have made some market penetration again.. instead. .flop. once again. sad. looks like a great phone.
At a lower price, they would have lost a lot of money on each phone. So they had no choice but to release it at a higher cost with the hope that it would do ok and still make a profit. (And we know how that turns out)

As a consumer though, I wouldn't have considered this phone until it hit the $200 or so range but only because I don't see any potential in the future of this phone.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14004 posts
4091 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Just like the Passport, it has a somewhat odd form factor, and therefore, consumer reaction will be polarizing. With both the Passport ad the Priv, IMO, BB erred in trying to reinvent the wheel.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8525 posts
3708 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Rogido wrote: Just like the Passport, it has a somewhat odd form factor, and therefore, consumer reaction will be polarizing. With both the Passport ad the Priv, IMO, BB erred in trying to reinvent the wheel.
Double edged sword. They have to reinvent the wheel to try to create a reason to buy them. I mean if they released slabs like everyone else, what is their pitch to the potential consumer over other established Android phones? They can't sell specs, they don't have the economies of scale. Would have to be unique features. I knew I wouldn't have bought the Priv if it didn't have a keyboard.